SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Deception / Deceived

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister wrote:

"It says "drawn away by his own desires"

Gen 1:27
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Scripture teaches that God created man with the capacity to desire and enjoy His creation. This precept is clearly stated throughout Scripture. With that stated, let us consider the first example given to us in Scripture...

Gen 3:1
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

Gen 3:2
And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;

Gen 3:3
“but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

Gen 3:4
Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.

Gen 3:5
“For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Gen 3:6
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

In this section of Scripture, who uses Eve's desires to bring about the act?

2014/7/25 9:16Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I asked;

"who uses Eve's desires to bring about the act? "

"Gen 3:4

“For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Usually in the study of the bible, in a systematic way, teachers teach that the first time a precept is taught, that there should be special attention paid to this introduction. Well this is the first time that Satan deceives woman.

How does the above Scripture provide commentary for the Scripture below?

Jas 1:14
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

Who is the source of the deception, Satan or Eve?

2014/7/26 13:34Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I asked:

"Who is the source of the deception, Satan or Eve?"

2Co 11:3
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicityfn that is in Christ.

So Scripture confirms that Satan is the source of Eve's temptation. And more so, temptation is used to appeal to one's desires. Let us look a little further into Eve's testimony....

Paul says this about the "deception."

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”fn

Rom 7:8
But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.

Rom 7:9
I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

Rom 7:10
And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Rom 7:11
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.

Now look to the conversation between Satan and Eve, do you see what Paul is writing about in Romans 7?

Has Satan ever said to you, "surely you will not die" if you give in to the particular temptation that he has appealed to through your desires?

2014/7/27 9:56Profile
Elibeth

Re:

I want to thank you all,here for communing with us all on this so important
subject.

Do you believe deception alone,could be Life or death ?
( Of course,we know there are many things that can led into deception.)

Is deception ' a darkness', ?.....a lie, ?

Isn't deception very sly,...not readily seen,...not detected easily ?

elizabeth

2014/7/27 23:36Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Elizabeth asks:

"Do you believe deception alone, could be Life or death?"

1Ti 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

In the above Scripture, Adam was not deceived. His transgression is that he chose to obey Eve's voice instead of God's. According to the verse below, Adam, covered his transgression, he knew that he willfuly chose to disobey God.

Job 31:33
If I have covered my transgressions as Adam,
By hiding my iniquity in my bosom,

So deception is not the only means by which one chooses the path that they will follow.

According to Scripture there are two paths....

Gal 6:8
For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

2014/7/28 10:56Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”fn

Gen 2:16
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;

Gen 2:17
“but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Rom 7:8
But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.

Gen 3:1
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

Gen 3:2
And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;

Gen 3:3
“but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

Rom 7:9
I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

Rom 7:10
And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Gen 3:4

Rom 7:11
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate.

Jas 1:15
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

"and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death."

What does Scripture say of the relationship between God, Cain, and the devil?

2014/7/28 12:38Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

1Jo 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate.

Please note the order in which Satan tempts man and the order in which Eve considered Satan's suggestion.

2014/7/30 6:40Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

So the work of Satan is to "entice" the individual through appealing to the desires that that individual has been created with. And as the individual walks this path the fruit of Satan's work manifests in creation the "lust" of the flesh, the "lust" of the eyes, and the pride of life.

For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

And all the world is subjected to this corruption...

Jas 1:15
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

When the individual follows Satan's appeal, desire is conceived which was not and now becomes sin. Prior to Satan's words, desire was absent of corruption.

2014/7/31 10:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

This Scripture above speaks about a "lust" that is of this world. Let us look further into this precept...

Pro 1:28
“Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.

Pro 1:29
Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the LORD,

Pro 1:30
They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.

Pro 1:31
Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way,
And be filled to the full with their own fancies.

Pro 1:32
For the turning away of the simple will slay them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them;

This section of Scripture above is commentary on the Scripture below....

Rom 1:18
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Rom 1:19
because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

Rom 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Rom 1:21
because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Rom 1:22
Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23
and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Rom 1:24
Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,

Rom 1:25
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Rom 1:26
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

Rom 1:27
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Rom 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

Rom 1:29
being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, [fn] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,

Rom 1:30
backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31
undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, [fn] unmerciful;

Rom 1:32
who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

So in the process of time, we see that there is a corruption that grows in all who do not obey God's rebuke. And what is the outcome for those who reject God?

2014/8/1 12:36Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re: Deception / Deceived

Sister:

Followers of Christ are exempt and excluded. Christians are no longer part of or counted with the world, but rather the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 1:12-13 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: (13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Hope this helps, I pray that the Holy Spirit will quicken His word to your heart and spirit.

2014/8/1 16:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy