SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Pure Milk of the Word

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

So Havok you thinking the pure milk of the word us the simplicity of Christ?

Blaire

2014/7/10 12:57
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

When I think of "pure milk", I am thinking of babies drinking that which gives them life.

Paul was telling the Corinthians not to be swayed away from the simplicity found in Christ. This is in regards to salvation, but it is also in regards to our lives.

One of my favorite preachers said we can't treat salvation like a first-step and then we move on to greater stuff. There is nothing greater than the work of Jesus Christ for us on the cross, and everything that we do is in and through that. We were bought with precious blood, not silver and gold which can perish, not with corruptible seed, but incorruptible. BECAUSE of those things, we should lay aside the sin that so easily ensnares us, with our our fixed on Jesus.

The Gospel should be the motivation and driving force behind our growth--sanctification, holiness, knowledge of the Lord, etc.

2014/7/10 15:53Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

havok20x wrote...

The Gospel should be the motivation and driving force behind our growth--sanctification, holiness, knowledge of the Lord, etc.

To be more precise, our High Priest healing and gifting through the Holy Spirit is the directing force in those who live by faith. The simplicity you speak of is that Christ alone is able to accomplish such work. No other doctrine or religion man has imagined can destroy the work of Satan in God's creation.

2014/7/10 18:35Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Right, rookie. Jesus Christ is the good news lol

2014/7/10 18:39Profile

Re:

1 Cor. 1:30-31
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOAST BOAST IN THE LORD".

Brothers seems like the above verses describe what you are sharing about Jesus.:-)

Blaine

2014/7/10 19:48
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Yes! In me and my flesh there is no good thing. Gal 6:14    But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

2014/7/10 19:55Profile

Re:

Amen brother Amen..

2014/7/10 22:33
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

havok20x wrote:
Paul was telling the Corinthians not to be swayed away from the simplicity found in Christ. This is in regards to salvation, but it is also in regards to our lives.

What do you mean by "simplicity found in Christ"? Is this thought focused on sending the individual to look to Christ for all the answers? Or do you mean that the individual is to remain "simple"?

2014/7/11 6:06Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

I am talking about the Gospel.

The simplicity is this: God is holy, I am wicked, and I am condemened. Jesus Christ, through the shedding of His precious blood and through His resurrection came to redeem me. If I believe on Him, I will be saved.

Everything else outside of that is beyond the simplicity that is found in Christ.

The problem of adding stuff to the Gospel was infecting the Galatian church, the Colossian Church, the corinthian church, etc in various ways throughout the NT. We are to rest in Christ and Christ alone, not in secondary things.

2014/7/11 9:21Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

havok20x writes:

The simplicity is this: God is holy, I am wicked, and I am condemened. Jesus Christ, through the shedding of His precious blood and through His resurrection came to redeem me. If I believe on Him, I will be saved.

How is the Lord healing you and gifting you...everyone in Scripture has a testimony that increases over time.

2014/7/11 12:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy