SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 17

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
PosterThread
Man0fG0d

Re:

I'm convinced in my spirit that the reason the world goes to hell fire is because the church has lost Holy Ghost fire.- Leonard Ravenhill

2014/7/18 21:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"When I am faced with problems, disappointments, lack of resources or sickness, if I fix my eyes on the things that are visible, then all those difficulties discourage me and I get weighed down by the impossibilities. But when I turn my eyes to the invisible, fixing them on God, all those difficulties become instruments He uses to help me live by faith. By faith, those afflictions are used to change me on the inside so that I reflect His glory. These pains and hardships will lead to the benefits and rewards that He promised, if I would only trust Him in the situations of life. But if I do not keep my eyes focused beyond the problems, beyond the struggles and beyond the here and now and on God, then those promises will not come about, simply because I am not putting my faith to work.

I remember back to when I was 16 years old serving with Operation Mobilization. It was there that I first began to understand that every disagreement, every problem, every tension, every irritation happens in our lives because God has orchestrated it. He has designed it. God put us in that situation or with that person so that we would be changed into His image. You may say, “I don’t want this kind of problem.” But He has designed it just for you, to be an instrument to make you like Him." - KP Yohannan

2014/7/18 23:20Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"There is no moral virtue in obedience unless there is a recognition of a higher authority in the one who dictates." - Oswald Chambers

2014/7/19 1:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The preacher who is concerned with gaining a reputation, rising in his profession, is always in bondage. The itch for bigness is a dangerous thing. It has made a castaway of many a man whom God once richly blessed. A man should desire to be neither larger nor smaller than pleases God. Better than that, he should not bother at all about how large or how small but rather how faithful he shall be." - Vance Havner

2014/7/19 22:00Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

“The way in which you listen to others gives you clues about the ways in which you listen to God.”
- Ignatius of Loyola

2014/7/20 6:45Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

“As I was walking in the desert, I saw a lion in the distance, but I decided to keep walking. As I got closer, I saw it was a man, so I kept walking toward him. As I got still closer, I saw it was my brother.”

2014/7/20 7:19Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

"I wish, in America, that we were as concerned about the separation of church and sin as we are the separation of church and state. " Leonard Ravenhill.

2014/7/20 22:44Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

"You have a bumper sticker on your car that says God is love, God is love. Sloppy Evangelism! Will you remind people of the goodness and the severity of God? Will you remind them that there is a day where mercy is cut off forever. Will youl remind them that people pray in hell but no one ever answers? " Leonard Ravenhill

2014/7/22 12:29Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"Do not leave people to their own blunt sense of right and wrong, but let them admire the finer edge of your scalpel, while you shred up evil into morsels they can hardly see."
-Ignatius of Loyola
Doesn't quite sound christian to me...

2014/7/22 13:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“Those who think too much of themselves, don’t think enough.” - Amy Carmichael

2014/7/22 15:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy