SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 17

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Re:

From prayer that asks that I may be
Sheltered from winds that beat on Thee,
From fearing when I should aspire,
From faltering when I should climb higher
From silken self, O Captain, free
Thy soldier who would follow Thee.

From subtle love of softening things,
From easy choices, weakenings,
(Not thus are spirits fortified,
Not this way went the Crucified)
From all that dims Thy Calvary
O Lamb of God, deliver me.

2014/12/30 17:45Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

How much could you hate someone, to believe that eternal life is possible and not tell them?- unknown

2014/12/31 11:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“A generation that knows only what God said will be followed by a generation that doesn’t believe what God said.” - A.W.Tozer

2014/12/31 18:51Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

"You say so often, I wonder why God doesn't burden me. You know why? Because He can't trust you that's why. Your not strong enough to carry the burden. A lot of you here this morning don't need more light, that will only make it worse on you at the judgment. What you need is more obedience."

Leonard Ravenhill, "Agony."

2015/1/2 14:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"How many people have more than one bible in your house? If you have more than one Bible in your home, I challenge you to have a bit more compassion and think about those who have never had access to the Word of God." - Brother Yun

2015/1/4 11:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"It is strange that the world accepts enthusiasm in every realm but the spiritual. The world appreciates and understands enthusiasm and zeal, until it becomes religious fervor; then immediately it is suspect. When you bring grand and glorious abandon to your dedication to the LORD Jesus Christ; you will be thoughtt by many of your friends and neighbors to be mad--to have "gone too far" with religion. The whole history of missionary enterprise is filled with those who had the spirit and zeal of Paul-- names like William Carey, C.T. Studd, Hudson Taylor, John Paton, David Livingstone--men who were thought by their generation to be mad. Their dedication to the gospel went beyond the understanding of those who loved the comfort and ease of an ordinary life. They were men with a mission. The book of Hebrews says "the world was not worthy of them." They have a heroes welcome and a soul-winners reward waiting for them in glory." - Franklin Graham

2015/1/5 12:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God uses people. God uses people to perform His work. He does not send angels. Angels weep over it, but God does not use angels to accomplish His purposes. He uses burdened broken-hearted weeping men and women." - David Wilkerson

2015/1/5 14:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I know that some are always studying the meaning of the fourth
toe of the right foot of some beast in prophecy and have never
used either foot to go and bring men to Christ. I do not know who
the 666 is in Revelation but I know the world is sick, sick, sick
and the best way to speed the Lord's return is to win more souls
for Him." - Vance Havner

2015/1/9 18:10Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

"A man or woman who is long hidden in God’s quiver is the arrow He selects and suddenly shoots into the heart of His enemy like a bolt of lightning. Only those who continue to abide under the shadow of God’s hand will become this kind of weaponry." - Allan Halton

2015/1/10 12:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“I am wired by nature to love the same toys that the world loves. I start to fit in. I start to love what others love. I start to call earth "home." Before you know it, I am calling luxeries "needs" and using my money just the way unbelievers do. I begin to forget the war. I don't think much about people perishing. Missions and unreached people drop out of my mind. I stop dreaming about the triumphs of grace. I sink into a secular mind-set that looks first to what man can do, not what God can do. It is a terrible sickness. And I thank God for those who have forced me again and again toward a wartime mind-set.” - John Piper

2015/1/11 11:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy