SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Supreme Court sends homeschoolers packing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Supreme Court sends homeschoolers packing

The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to intervene in a lower court’s order that would send a Christian homeschooling family back to Germany to face what the parents describe as persecution by the government because of their beliefs.

The court on Monday said it would not review the case of the Romeike family, whose members were granted asylum in the U.S. by a federal court because they would be subject to fines, threats, jail time and even the loss of their children if they returned to Germany.

The penalties are based on a Hitler-era law that the German government still enforces against homeschooling. The Romeikes said they chose homeschooling because of anti-Christian and cult beliefs being taught in the public schools. ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/supreme-court-sends-homeschoolers-packing/

2014/3/4 11:33Profile

Re: Supreme Court sends homeschoolers packing

Read that yesterday. Understanding the world system helps you to understand why the U.S. won't agree to be a haven for homeschoolers from other countries. Many in government don't even want homeschooling to be legal in America.

I wonder if homeschoolers will obey the law if the law outlaws homeschooling?

I can show from Scripture where the parent is given the ordinance by God to teach their children and not to let others teach their children lies, so I would be obeying a higher law. Not every Christian has the same level of convictions and I get that.

2014/3/4 11:41
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

May we pray for this family that God will preserve them and lead them in their actions.

2014/3/4 11:44Profile
savannah

Re: school?

Government schools are not only un-constitutional in the U.S., but they're sinfully supported by christian parents who send their children to these Godless temples of idol worship.

May God be gracious and open the eyes of His people and give them repentance, even those who do so ignorantly.

Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. Proverbs 19:27

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

And in all things that I have said to you be circumspect: and make no mention of the names of other gods, neither let it be heard from thy mouth. Exodus 23:13

Yet ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more. Go and cry to the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation. And the children of Israel said to the LORD, We have sinned: do thou to us whatever seemeth good to thee; deliver us only, we pray thee, this day. And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel. Judges 10:13-16

May God be glorified in the Romeikes' obedience to Him!

"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God." - Tyndale

2014/3/4 17:07Profile

Re:

savannah,

I would be careful to judge Christian parents as sinful for sending their kids to public school. Just because I can find scripture to support us homeschooling does not mean that God is judging Christian parents as being in sin. It is quite possible for the Lord to lead others into the world and keep them from the world and protect them from it. I know some spirit-filled teenagers who are absolute on fire missionaries in the public school system. A lot of kids in the public school system who have been saved are happy to have run into a Christian. Is our box too small for God?

2014/3/4 17:16
savannah

Re: school again?

You ask, "Is our box too small for God?"

NOTHING to do with our box, or anyone elses for that matter, being too small!

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you; And I will be a Father to you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:14-18

God commands His people...not merely suggests to His people!

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Whoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law; for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
Whoever abideth in him sinneth not: whoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. 1 John 3:2-10

May God speak to us all, in and by His Word!

No humanist sophistry here!

Again, He commands,

Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. Proverbs 19:27

2014/3/4 17:35Profile

Re:

Post removed.

2014/3/4 21:45
savannah

Re: education reformation

For those who may be interested in education reformation, please click on the following link -

http://www.educationreformation.org/

About the book, "Education Reformation", by Ray Fournier -

"An important message for Christian parents with children in the public schools. The aim of these atheistic schools is to deChristianize your children and lead them into a life of sin and enslavement to Satan. Parents who permit this to happen to their own children will suffer the consequences. Read this book and save the souls of your children." - Samuel Blumenfeld: Best Selling author of several books on education including: “NEA: Trojan Horse in American Education” and “Is Public Education Necessary”.

“Convincing a Christian family to get out of the public schools is an uphill battle all the way, but Ray Fournier is willing to take the challenge. In this book, Ray lays out the case complete with Biblical texts. If this will convince and convict one family to give their children a Christian nurture and discipleship, it will be worth every printed word.” - Kevin Swanson: Pastor and Elder of Reformation Church, OPC, Director of Generations with Vision, and host of Generations Radio – the world’s largest homeschooling and Biblical worldview program that reaches families across the US and in over 80 countries.

"The government school system is imploding, as all humanistic institutions sooner or later do. At the same time, the rapidly growing home-school movement is giving hope to civil and church leaders, parents, grandparents, and God-fearing men and women all over the nation, that there is still a vibrant future for the church in America. I find it especially hopeful to see public school teachers and administrators speak out against the system they once dedicated their lives to, calling others to abandon it altogether. This book is such a call. I pray parents will heed it carefully and prayerfully." - Joaquin Fernandez: Award-winning filmmaker, “IndoctriNation: Public Schools and the Decline of Christianity in America.”

2014/3/5 17:04Profile

Re:

Just read in Fox News that the family will not be deported. This according to Department of Homeland Security.

Blaine

2014/3/5 21:14
savannah

Re: Ed. Ref.

“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” (Proverbs 13: 20)

“Do not be deceived: ‘Bad company ruins good morals.’” (1 Corinthians 15: 33)

It is important to be aware of the fact that this warning is not just for children from marginally “Christian” households who go to the worst public schools. This warning holds true even for children from doctrinally sound, Bible teaching churches that go to the “best” public schools.

A real life example of this is the story of my former student Ashley Jackson. Ashley was a young lady who took my class as a senior in high school early in my teaching career. She was the daughter of a local pastor from a Bible believing church; and her end was truly a tragic one.
One day, while in my class, I overheard Ashley talking to her friends in a very enthusiastic way about praising Jesus at church. She even started singing one of her favorite hymns in a joyous and beautiful tone. I couldn’t help but listen and rejoice in my heart at the beautiful words and the heart-felt passion that was emanating from this beautiful young lady.

Only a few minutes later, the topic of the conversation shifted, and she started to retell of her adventures during spring break. What came out of her mouth was truly foul. Out of the same mouth that praised Jesus in such a beautiful way just minutes earlier came the vilest and most corrupt details about her sexual experiences with several young men during spring break. As the filth of her actions washed over me, I became physically ill. My soul was so vexed that I couldn’t help but ask her to step outside of my classroom so I could confront her.
I confronted her regarding the utter hypocrisy of her words and actions, and how she was dragging the name of Christ through the mud, causing the world to blaspheme His Name. I strongly encouraged her to repent of her sins and to throw herself at Christ’s mercy. In response, she just stood there quietly, waiting to be allowed back into the classroom. After a few moments of silence, I opened the door and we returned to class.

I didn’t see any results from our conversation until the year was about to come to an end. Ashley needed to pass my class in order to graduate, but she was failing. She had a 40% average before taking the final exam. This is when our conversation resurfaced.

Ashley asked another teacher to try to convince me to allow her to pass my class regardless of her average. Trying to be helpful, the teacher came to me and asked me if there was anything I could do. I told her that I would not make any decision concerning her grade until she took the final exam. When her test results were determined a few days later, it turned out that Ashley scored a 39%. In the end, her final average was a 40% which is an F.

There was no way she could pass on her own merit, but this did not stop Ashley. She believed that she had the right to pass my class even though she had a failing grade.
This time, Ashley herself approached me and tried to blackmail me into changing her grade. She told me that if I did not change her grade, she would tell an administrator that I had a religious conversation with her earlier in the year. In response to her threat, I told her that I would not blaspheme my God by lying about her grade. When she heard this, she immediately went to an administrator.

The next thing I knew, I was called to the office. The administrator immediately brought up the religious conversation, but surprisingly, in short order, the conversation shifted to Ashley’s grade. “From what I hear, your wife is about to give birth to your first child. This would not be a good time for you to lose your job. If you value your job and your family, you will change Ashley’s grade so she can graduate.”

After hearing this, I was very confused. How did not changing Ashley’s grade become the offense? But in the end, I was bound by the Word of God. I could not lie. I told the administrator how it would be a sin for me to lie about Ashley’s grade and that there was no way that I could do it because I feared God more than man. At this point in our conversation I thought my job was over, but God had other plans. Surprisingly, the administrator left me alone and found another teacher that was willing to
change her grade. Then on the last day of school, Ashley was transferred to the other teacher’s class. In the end, on graduation day, I looked on as Ashley walked across the stage. Even though Ashley failed my class, she ended up graduating with honors from “Satan’s preparatory academy”.
It is obvious that even though she was a pastor’s daughter that was brought up in the church, the public school’s student culture contributed greatly to her corruption. God’s Word is true. Bad company truly does corrupt good morals. - the above is an excerpt from a new book, "Education Reformation" by Ray Fournier.

2014/3/7 19:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy