SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I have been very blessed by the preperations for this trip mentally and spiritually. God has provided some awesome russian software for me and Yolanda to learn Russian phrases and words so we can be a blessing to these children. Do continue to pray saints at SI that we would be fueled by God to prepare and be ready for this trip. Please do post and ask any questions or post any comments you feel about this mission trip. I do hope more of SermonIndex can get behind this in every way. ;-)

2005/4/21 16:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

If anyone is interesting Yolanda sent me a link that has alot of pictures of Minsk, Belarus thats the place we will be going also on this mission trip. We will be first going for 2 weeks to Kyiv, Ukraine to work with the homeless children and then visiting an calvary Chapel work in Kyiv. Then taking a train into the other country: Belarus and going to its capital Minsk where we will be visiting at least one Calvary Chapel work there which is a sister church that was planted by Calvary Chapel Escondido (the church me, Yolanda and Kelly are being sent from).

Here is the link with the images:
http://foto.rambler.ru/users/sashaanya/?

2005/4/22 19:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I have been very encouraged in how God is answering my prayers in allowing me to have the desire and motivation to learn some russian so that I can better minister to these children and also at the churches. Please continue to pray for me, Yolanda and Kelly that we can prepare spiritually for this mission trip. I know this is going to be a life-changing experience and how thankful I am to the God we serve that He is giving me these chances to serve and see different parts of the body of Christ all across the world.

[b]There still is a large need for financial support..[/b]

If you feel led to send financial support, simply mail money or check to Calvary Chapel of Escondido, 1675 Seven Oakes Road, Escondido, CA  92026 (make check payable to: Calvary Chapel of Escondido, memo: Rick, Kelly, Yolanda, Greg or Ukraine).

[i]or[/i] you can use the online donation payment here: Donate

2005/4/25 20:39Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

We will have something up soon with how you can be supporting us and be lifting up the kids [i]in prayer[/i].

And just to encourage all of you who [i]have[/i] been praying that God would provide for us, donations [i]are[/i] coming in. He's providing! So there's much to be thankful for! We will continue to trust Him.

2005/4/26 14:38Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Дорогие друзья, (Dear friends)

Greg and I got our Ukrainian visas last week! Now we just have to send our passports in again for a Belarussian visa. God is faithfully providing support as well. I am confident in God's provision financially and spiritually.

If you could please pray with/for us that God would continue to prepare us to be used fully by Him the 2 weeks we're in Ukraine and the week we're in Belarus. I know we can prepare only so much, and really, when we get there, it will just mostly be being available. Whether it's to simply play with a kid, or walk with them to meals... no matter how insignificant it may seem to us, we need to simply obey the Lord. We want to hear Him, we want to clearly see Him leading us... we don't want anything hindering the work of God in our lives. We want to abide and obey.

Большое спасибо! (Thank you very much!)

2005/5/2 12:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg and I got our Ukrainian visas last week! Now we just have to send our passports in again for a Belarussian visa. God is faithfully providing support as well. I am confident in God's provision financially and spiritually.

YES! This is great news and definetly an answer to prayer. I am very excited to be ministering to these kids and being in Ukraine to serve. Continue to pray about supporting us in prayer and financially. Pray about the passport and visa application to belarus that we are sending off probably this week.

2005/5/2 16:20Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Hmmm... I just said a quick prayer, entrusting this situation to God because He's aware of the situation... but it was just discovered that I only got a single entry visa to Ukraine, which is a bit strange because my visa application was filled out for a mulit-entry visa. Greg, however, got a double entry visa no problem. I need at least a double entry to be able to get back in Ukraine from Belarus. Kelly, our Missions Coordinator, is trying to figure out how to fix this problem without having to send my visa back to Ukraine. It took about a month before... and we don't really have a month because... it'll probably take that long to get a Belarussian visa. So... you know, we'll see what happens. Like I said, God knows why things turned out like this.

And be praying about Greg's support. I have the advantage of knowing a lot of people from my church because I've been going here for 10 years and have worked here for about 5, so raising support for myself hasn't been much of a problem. I'm hoping to raise extra funds that could go towards paying part of the cost of the trip for Greg, but he needs to raise support as well. So... pray that God would provide because Greg does need the support.
Once again... God knows and He's taking care of these situations at this very moment. We just need to keep trusting Him.

2005/5/2 17:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

Quote:
Hmmm... I just said a quick prayer, entrusting this situation to God because He's aware of the situation... but it was just discovered that I only got a single entry visa to Ukraine, which is a bit strange because my visa application was filled out for a mulit-entry visa.

I will be definetly praying about this fervently that the Lord will work it out according to His will. Either way it works mabye God would have you spend more time in Ukraine to minister and maybe even me with you. I will try and talk to Kelly also and see what God will do about all of this. It's just exciting to be involved and seeing what opportunites God will open up! keep us all updated.

2005/5/3 11:53Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Ukraine Team Email

I got the following email from our Missions Coordinator:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The team is shaping up. I'll attach the info* I have so far to give you a better idea of who is going to camp and who you can be praying for. We are definitely high on the female side, so ladies, we'll have to energize up to keep up with the kids...

Prayer is going to be the key to the 'success' of this camp, not that we can always define success according to God's measure. There are so many dynamics and variables to our equation. Our diverse team, team dynamics, personally, culturally, and relationally. The kids, their degree of health, addiction, rivalries, sensitivity, and openess to the love of God. Pavel, Vika and Max, their situation, health, and stress level. The camp activities and games. The logistics of the camp accomodations, travel plans, visas, and finances.

Please keep all of these aspects in prayer right up through the time you leave for camp. If you can get together with a couple of others to pray, even better. I encourage you to have at least a couple people commited to pray for you while you are at camp. There is definitely a spiritual battle going on for these kids' souls and we'll be right in the midst of it...

God bless you as you avail yourselves to Him for His service.

Kelly

* [b]Ukraine Team[/b]
Kelly Kierstead (United States/Team Leader)
Yolanda Diehl (United States)
Greg Gordon (Canada/United States)
Lucinda Davis (United States)
Lynn Gibson (United States)
Kelsey Hoppe (United States/Team Leader/Speaks Russian)
Rachel Shaw (United Kingdom/Speaks Russian)
Sergei Poplovski (Belarus/Speaks Russian)
Kara Callaghan (United States)

2005/5/3 18:25Profile
Ozizzle

dfg

Re:

Hey this is my first post on this forum. My name is Oleg and I am actually from Ukraine. I came to the US when I was 3 and I'd be really interested in going on a missions trip with you guys if that's possible. I speak pretty fluent Ukrainian. I understand just about everything and I would really enjoy preaching the gospel to these kids in such dire need.

I wanted to go to Ukraine last year but missed out on my opportunity so I would really like to go this time. Email me back if that's possible in any way. I'm from Cleveland, Ohio, United State States of America. I'm 16 years old. And my email should be on my profile. Thanks

2005/5/3 20:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy