SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : News Alert and Warning! - Friend's healthcare costs after signing onto Obama Care

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Canadian system vs American System

To SoloVeritas

The Canadian system, with both its flaws and positives, was intended to be a healthcare system. The American system it has turned out, was intended to be a wealth redistribution system only pretending to be a healthcare system.

Millions here in America voted for the current administration believing they would now be entitled to free healthcare, the rich would be the ones who paid for everything. They were eager to "soak the rich" who their leader had assured them had stolen the money from the poor in the first place.

Ah, the awakening. The $5000 dollar deductible they are staring at with their new "Affordable Health Care" is a bad hit from their blindside.

Essentially, no one even read the bill before they voted it into law.

Gonna be riots...?

2013/10/3 11:24Profile

Re:

Can't argue with you there. It is a wealth distribution system now. 5,000 deductible? You are a bit low. :-)

God's people won't riot.

2013/10/3 11:44

Re:

Bottom line is that we are merely renting the paper currency from the moneychangers, anyway.

It is clearly theirs to take from us when they wish and as they wish. It's all there in writing and always has been.

They are just waiting for the right timing and it will be due to a crisis that they create themselves. It always is.

We must stay in the secret place of the Lord most high, the only true protection.

2013/10/3 14:00
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

When the great whore Babylon collapses, it only takes an hour! Let him on the housetop not try to salvage any of the goods in his house!

I love the places in the gospels where Jesus says something like, "If it were not so I would have told you."

He has warned us, instructed us, prepared us, and will save us. Thus the world should not surprise us.

I am with you, brother!

2013/10/3 23:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Somehow I suspect God is removing from us the easy accessibility of medical care that we have taken for granted so many years. Many folks would rather run to the doctors for treatment rather then the LORD. So, if God removes this affordability from many folks what other recourse does a body have? Might not be all that bad although one's faith will surely be tested.

My thoughts...

2013/10/15 18:20Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2013/10/15 15:20:17

Somehow I suspect God is removing from us the easy accessibility of medical care that we have taken for granted so many years. Many folks would rather run to the doctors for treatment rather then the LORD. So, if God removes this affordability from many folks what other recourse does a body have? Might not be all that bad although one's faith will surely be tested.

My thoughts...

Greetings ginnyrose

I have thought about the same thing. There was a time when I would run to the doctor for everything but now I am learning to be patient and seek GOD first. I want to be in a place where I am running to HIM and then proceeding according to HIS leading. I agree our faith will be tested going forward as these laws go into full effect.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/16 10:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
by ginnyrose on 2013/10/15 15:20:17

My thoughts...

Greetings ginnyrose

I have thought about the same thing. There was a time when I would run to the doctor for everything but now I am learning to be patient and seek GOD first. I want to be in a place where I am running to HIM and then proceeding according to HIS leading. I agree our faith will be tested going forward as these laws go into full effect.

God bless
maryjane

Those are sad, harsh, unfair and spiritually condescending statements against a large block of people unknown to you. I'm glad you are not determining who gets medical care or not, Ginny.

2013/10/16 18:47
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Those are sad, harsh, unfair and spiritually condescending statements against a large block of people unknown to you. I'm glad you are not determining who gets medical care or not, Ginny.

I agree, except I believe your statement labeling me as harsh is rooted in ignorance.

What I have said comes as a result of living for 66 years on this planet and having had to contend with illnesses in my children, myself; observing the medical treatment dolled out to my kinfolks; studying the WORD and allowing it to teach me.

Old timers here on SI are familiar with my take on this issue because I have written a lot about it. But I do challenge you to learn to trust the LORD for your health. He does care. Scripture instructs us in James 5 to call for the elders to be anointed if we are afflicted. This is not my idea - it is God's. Follow it and see what happens! I challenge you!

Am I implying I have perfect health? No, I have challenges but I am trusting the LORD to help me deal with them and He has. If I should suddenly die, I will know my time here has been completed and look forward to being with the LORD. Using meds to artificiality prolong ones life benefits no one except the pharmaceutical companies and the medical establishment.

I would like to ask: are you afraid to die?

EDIT: I would like to assure you that I do not see scripture forbidding the practice of medicine when coupled with the fear of God.

2013/10/16 20:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
But I do challenge you to learn to trust the LORD for your health.

No question posed to me. Assumption and judgment #1

Quote:
He does care. Scripture instructs us in James 5 to call for the elders to be anointed if we are afflicted. This is not my idea - it is God's. Follow it and see what happens! I challenge you!

No question to me. Assumption and judgment #2

Quote:
Using meds to artificiality prolong ones life benefits no one except the pharmaceutical companies and the medical establishment.

Still, no questions. Assumption and judgment #3

Quote:
I would like to ask: are you afraid to die?

Finally a question. This is step in the right direction towards a CONVERSATION! No, not at all. Why should I be afraid? But, again (fourth time) couched in your question is a subtle judgment that I may take medicine because I am afraid to die.

Ginny, it is not for you to judge that others should not use medication or if they do, that they are in unbelief and sinning. Would you agree with that? At first, it seems that to you it is a sin, but I think there is something deeper here.

Quote:
EDIT: I would like to assure you that I do not see scripture forbidding the practice of medicine when coupled with the fear of God.

This undos everything you have said previously and puts in question your assumptions and judgments on others. It reveals how conflicted you are about this subject and that you battle within yourself regarding not using medicine when maybe you wish you could. Maybe you cannot afford it so instead you spiritualize that it is not really trusting God and that makes you feel better about yourself when in reality that is not the truth at all.

All of this inner conflict that you have within you are projecting on others. Why? There is nothing spiritual about projecting your own conflicts on others, but I suppose in a strange way it could make you feel better about yourself.

Let me ask you a question. If someone has Lyme Disease and taking antibiotics will kill the nasty little spirochete and make them well, would you be able to rejoice with them and thank God for their healing?

I told you what I sense about you, but what do you really think about your brothers and sisters that need to take a life-saving medication? Please let us know and set the record straight.

2013/10/16 22:02
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Just-in,

After posting and reading your reactions I felt like I need to share with you my journey in this area and how I have arrived where I am today. This will get long but will be as brief as possible.

Many years ago when I was in my 30s (I am now 66 years old) "Christianity Today" magazine printed an article that explored end of life issues. Thus was something completely new to me. As a young person I was stumped - I thought everyone who is sick, including old folks should pursue medical assistance. So, I went to church and asked the elderly sisters, "When you get old and ailing, do you want people to use life support to help you, keep you alive?" With no hesitation they all said "NO!" Oh..Oh.. well - I have never considered this before. This was a huge eye-opener to me.

Fast forward.In 1988 our oldest son was diagnosed with acathamoeba keratitis that resulted in a cornea transplant. In 1980 my husband had a herniated disc that was removed - back when these surgeries were not commonplace. And by this time I was carrying child #5. In 1994 our only daughter, Regina, was afflicted with glioblastoma - brain cancer - the worst kind there is. After aggressive treatment by one of the nations renown neurosurgeons she died. Now I was confronted with issues I never considered before.

During her treatment the hospital had open house inviting the public in to showcase their radiology department. While taking that tour, I asked a nurse, "can radiology cure cancer?" She said, "NO!" I was absolutely shocked. Here Regina was taking treatments in the hope of treating her cancer successfully. What a let down! Yet, this was all they had to offer at this point in time in 1995.

During this time I did some investigation in clinical trials for glioblastoma victims. I had a stack of lit from several cancer societies. At this time my brother-in-law and his wife visited in our home. She is an optometrist and he is a professor in the biological sciences at Eastern Mennonite University. They looked at it and then counseled me to not even consider putting Regina into clinical trials. His reasons were logical, spoken from a professional point of view. Then they told me, "You know, dying is not the worst thing that can happen to a person." It was this principle that became a pivotal point to me in my attitude/conviction on this issue. In fact, as I ministered to our daughter during this time the LORD had impressed me with the same idea.

Regina died and was buried. She went to her Father and today I am glad she is there and not have to deal with the ugliness we all are confronted with. This culminated in a disruption of life in which I had pent three months out of a 11 months away from home (750 miles). I had a ringside seat in caring and observing what was done.

In the meantime, one of my sisters is an registered nurse as is her husband; another brother-in-law is one as well. My husband's brother is a professor who has done research into why the prostrate gland begins to fail once males reach old age. And his wife is an optometrist.

My sister has cared for many in ICU who were elderly with no hope of recovering or leaving it apart from death. We have discussed these issues in depth. She taught me that what I was learning is indeed valid.

When our oldest son had eye infection, he was anointed with oil; Regina was anointed three times because the cancer would return. One of these anointings was for the baby she was carrying in her womb. He was born 10 weeks early, weighed 3 lb 4 oz. - is well and alive today with no hint of the trauma that surrounded his time in his mother's womb.

As I reflected on all these physical difficulties, God impressed upon me that he is the healer. Sometimes He will use medical experts but not always. Richard Wurmbrand has said, "That if God wants me alive, persecution will not kill me." I have embraced this concept and modified it to also mean that if God want me alive, no illness will take me before my mission is done. Today, when I see/hear of a young person who died I know that person's mission has been completed on this earth. Now it is time to remove him/her from the living. To live beyond this point in time in counter-productive.

Presently, my health is good, I deal with arthritis and I have had two heart attacks. I am aware of the probability of having another one with it killing me. When I had these two I opted to not pursue medical assistance but took aspirin instead. Since then I have seen first hand in my dad what heart surgery does to a person and how effective it in preserving life. All I seen confirms what Wurmbrand has taught me. For the last number of years whenever I did not feel well I would ask my husband to pray for me or I asked the church leadership for anointing. What this has done is increased my faith in the all-sufficiency of God. God is good; He is the healer and sustainer of all life. I embrace this concept and teach it. It is not welcomed by all and I understand where they are coming from. There is a point where one will be shocked and appalled when long held beliefs are challenged. I understand your dilemma, Just-in. I judge no one for seeking medical help - this is their prerogative.

Just-in, you suggested we may be so poor we cannot afford medical help hence my opinion. The reality is that we do have medicare but we have never used it. I rarely go to a doctor and neither does my husband. It is because we pray and expect the LORD to teach us what we should do to alleviate this ailment - if this is what we need to do, otherwise we expect him to heal and He does.

God is good. And I want others to experience this as well. Does this make sense?

FYI, if someone has Lymes I do not begrudge them from taking antibiotics for it - scripture does not forbid it. But I have also noticed they will not seek anointing which raises some disturbing questions in my mind. I do not understand why...

I have not shared the money angle on this issue - if you insist I can share that later.

Hope I have answered your questions, if not, ask again...

ginnyrose

2013/10/17 13:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy