SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Has the temple been rebuilt?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: The Temple has been Rebuilt

Dear Brothers and Sisters, I think this is a wonderful topic for discussion, and I only wish that I had time to enter into it right now; but I am on the way out the door for the day. I said that to say that I hate to miss this opportunity to expound on the rebuilding of the temple for antichrist, the building of the temple for Jesus Christ, and the temple sacrifices to be made during the one thousand year reign of Jesus Christ. I believe they are all literal, and perhaps can give an explanation tomorrow, but in the meantime you may want to consider a little bit that I shared on that subject in a brief Powerpoint teaching I put online several years ago. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.proclaimit.org/pptext.html#9

in His grace,

Mark

2013/9/23 12:34
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

http://www.templeinstitute.org/

There are many Jews advocating for the rebuilding of the Temple.

Here is a quote from their website: "THE SCHOLARS OF THE TEMPLE INSTITUTE have dedicated their lives to raising public awareness of the importance of the Holy Temple in the life of all mankind, both Israel and the nations of the world. The Institute seeks to disseminate this knowledge, rekindle the desire and yearning for the rebuilding of the Holy Temple, and help to prepare as much as possible for the actual rebuilding. At this site you can view educational articles and essays about the Holy Temple, as well as an archive of newsletters and news items. You can also subscribe to the Temple Institute's free email newsletters. Also available are many online video teachings."

I do not have a firm eschatology. It's more like jello. But these are some things I noticed--the jews WANT to build another temple. That doesn't affect my theology of the end, because regardless of what happens, I am waiting for the appearing of our salvation.

2013/9/23 13:05Profile
savannah

Re: 2 Thessalonians 2:4

In AD70 Titus destroyed Jerusalem and captured the Temple.

The historian Josephus' account is as follows:

"As the rebels had fled into the city, and flames were consuming the sanctuary itself and all its surroundings, the Romans brought their standards into the Temple court, and, erecting them opposite the Eastern gate, they sacrificed to them there, and with thundering acclamation hailed Titus imperator."

And the Babylonian Talmud states,

"Vespasian sent Titus who said, Where is their God, the rock in whom they trusted? This was the wicked Titus who blasphemed and insulted Heaven. What did he do? He took a harlot by the hand and entered the Holy of Holies and spread out a scroll of the Law and committed a sin on it. He then took a sword and slashed the curtain. Miraculously blood spurted out, and he thought that he had slain God himself,as it says, Thine adversaries have roared in the midst of thine assembly, they have set up their ensigns for signs."

"About the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, brothers, and our being gathered to him: please do not be too easily thrown into confusion or alarmed by any manifestation of the Spirit or any statement or any letter claiming to come from us, suggesting that the Day of the Lord has already arrived. Never let anyone deceive you in any way. It cannot happen until the Great Revolt has taken place and there has appeared the wicked One, the lost One, the enemy, who raises himself above every so-called god or object of worship to enthrone himself in God’s sanctuary and flaunts the claim that he is God."
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 New Jerusalem Bible

The Great Revolt of AD66 preceeded Titus and his Roman army's siege upon Jerusalem in AD70. This Great Revolt is that spoken of in verse 3 of 2 Thessalonians 2.

The historian Josephus records it thus:

“And now I perceived innovations were already begun, and that there were a great many very much elevated, in hopes of a revolt [apostasia] from the Romans. When John, the son of Levi, saw some of the citizens much elevated upon their revolt [apostasia] from the Romans, he labored to restrain them; and entreated them that they would keep their allegiance to them.”

Titus is evidently the man spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2.
He stood in the literal Temple we read about in verse 4.

Look no further for a rebuilt temple. You'll not find any such mention of one in Scripture.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ -

"Him that overcometh, will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out no more: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies." - chapter 3 verses 12 and 13

2013/9/23 19:01Profile

Re:

"Vespasian sent Titus who said, Where is their God, the rock in whom they trusted? This was the wicked Titus who blasphemed and insulted Heaven. What did he do? He took a harlot by the hand and entered the Holy of Holies and spread out a scroll of the Law and committed a sin on it. He then took a sword and slashed the curtain. Miraculously blood spurted out, and he thought that he had slain God himself,as it says, Thine adversaries have roared in the midst of thine assembly, they have set up their ensigns for signs." Savannah

You know brother it is a foolish thing to lay more merit by the seeming wickedness of men than is necessary. When Titus uttered the words "where is their God" it would have only been necessary for one man to whisper "He is ascended into heaven my Lord Titus" to have brought the foolishness to an end. What ever Titus did or did not he was acting against mere elements, and by the body of a woman in pure vanity. When Christ died the curtain was rent in two. The true blood which was shed was that of Christ and the curtain which Titus smote was more evidence of the wickedness of men than anything Titus could have comprehended.

As has been said in this thread already…..we are missing the point. The rebuilding of the temple is not for righteousness. It is for wickedness.

2013/9/23 19:25
savannah

Re: source

armkelly,

So you believe that a temple will be built!

Is your source a prophecy to be found in Scripture? If so,please furnish us with it.

If your source is not found in Scripture,what is your source of your belief?

2013/9/23 19:35Profile

Re:

I really don't know if there will be a literal physical temple rebuilt on the temple mount. I have never done a study on the subject at any time. In fact I have avoided the whole subject primarily on the grounds that I think it is all complete vanity for me at least.

I do have some revelation from my first days as a young believer and so I have some substance as to the merit of taking the claim of an end time anti-christ as being a real and literal man as true. Beyond that I have no firm basis for believing anything.

The whole reason for my comment to you here is because by giving credence to the things said by a historian without comprehending that the claims are vain even if they are true, (including the blood from the curtain} is to fail to see that the Scriptures themselves are more full and complete than anything an historian could write. Even if Josephus had been said to be a believer (which thing he is not said to be) his words would still be worthless as far as seeking to understand this issue. The point about the curtain and my saying that the curtain represents more wickedness than even Titus could comprehend is because it is of course true. When the curtain was rent in two by the Father it was a more visible reality to the priests of the temple than was the cross which they despised. Yet they mended it and hid its meaning for another 37 years. It's meaning was even hid from the consciences of those who ordered its repair in its day, just as they themselves were "hid" from eternal life. All of this was beyond Titus who could have understood none of it as they understood it. It was a physical evidence in its day which was greater than the temple itself. Yet they hid it.

As far as the temple itself is concerned brother I genuinely have no firm view of it. Other matters specifically regarding the Son of Perdition I have a long standing clear mind on it. That alone is what informs me and all of that is scriptural. My reference to "we are missing the point" was not missing my own point it was Colin Murray's point. I agree with him completely. That seems to me to be the only reason for believing that there will be an end time temple in Jerusalem.

Quote:
In this thread we have missed the point about the temple being re-built look at what Paul says: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3–4

Let no man deceive the temple will be rebuilt and the man who will exalt himself above God will be found sitting in that temple, showing himself to be God.

Thats the point of the temple… Colin Murray

The very fact that the curtain was there for Titus to strike was more evidence of wickedness than all the things Titus himself did in that place. It was the very evidence of the rejection of Christ. Just remember this brother when the Chief leaders of the people were asked by Pilate if they wanted their king released to them, they said "away with Him. We have no king but caesar". If the thing which Titus did was the least part of it, what then this man of sin whose sins are as the things of children compared to the chiefs priests and the leaders of the people of Israel who by the hand of wicked men crucified their Messiah? The child can hardly be said to be the man?

2013/9/23 20:41

Re:

I too, have not paid much attention to all this talk about a rebuilt temple. I think it is a deception and even if it was built and temple sacrifices were re-instituted, God is not obligated to forgive Israel's sins on the basis of those sacrifices. Why Christians are supporting the rebuilding of the Temple which is tied to the Law is beyond me.

Heb_7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Heb_10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Heb_10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

2013/9/24 11:21

Re:

Andrew I may be mistaken. But I think Savannah is a sister. Only going by her/ his SI handle.

Bear

2013/9/24 11:56

Re:

I was listening to Mathew this morning. I fond it worth noting that Jesus said behold "something greater than the temple is here". Namely Himself.

In Revelation it says there will be no temple as God and the Lamb will be the temple. In other words God will be dwelling with His people. They will be His temple in heaven.

As such are we not the temple
of God here on earth?

Something to ponder.

Bear.

2013/9/24 12:02

Re:

I have retitled this thread as more of a question than an actual declaration.

Bear.

2013/9/24 12:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy