SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer Neglected

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prayer is Neglected

The neglect of prayer is very sad but I find it worse that this SI forum has 122 replies on the thread about Benny Hinn but the ones on prayer seem to have little replies.

2005/3/30 18:21

Re: what a wonderful time in the Lord

Me too Neil! My prayer time last night was so wonderful...and God filled me with such love for you and Greg. Can we keep doing this?

If we could agree on a time and then convert for our own time zone we could all be praying for revival at the same time. I am so excited at the possibilities!

God Bless you.

(I will join you tonight at 10 pm PT - looking forward to it. :-) )

2005/3/30 18:24

Re: Prayer is Neglected

freecd,
I'm with you, I know what you mean, its grievous, but its always been that way, why do you think Paul admonished us about "foolish controversies". Travailing intercessory prayer is a hard business. You call for a potluck dinner, you get the whole church, call for a prayer meeting..................

I thank God I read that post of Greg's with a yielded convicted heart on my own unprofitability in the economy of God, and resolve to get back to the old standard He put of me of travailing prayer.

I thank God our brother Stephen will be joining in....please freecd, consider joining us. Its getting so bad in the world, that ALL we CAN do is pray in the Spirit on bended knees.

Much love, Neil

2005/3/30 19:23

Our Bro Stephen

you cant see my face, but I'm grinning so much. The fellowship of His joy (and sufferings) The Spirit that gives rise to the joyous burden of prayer, such love is the love of Christ in us. There's no other religion, or faith, where God takes up tabernacle in our hearts. God is so good, and he sees your sacrifice, I mean the fact that 10 pm here, PST is 1 AM there...thank you so much dear brother.

Neil

2005/3/30 19:27
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Our Bro Stephen

Quote:
The neglect of prayer is very sad but I find it worse that this SI forum has 122 replies on the thread about Benny Hinn but the ones on prayer seem to have little replies.

I know what you mean dear brother but at the same time it is [b]hard[/b] to talk about a subject of prayer and more easy to practice it. But I agree with you that there should be more discussion and talk about revival and prayer in the forums.

That is why recently I started to look back in the history of the "Revival Praying and History" forum section, here is a post about that: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5088&forum=40&1]Revival Praying and History (forum post history)[/url]

Quote:
If we could agree on a time and then convert for our own time zone we could all be praying for revival at the same time. I am so excited at the possibilities!

This is interesting.. It is awesome to see God putting burdens on people from ALL across the world to pray for revival. I agree brothers there is a definite need for this! One worry is that it is easy to say you WANT to and also to sign your name on a website, but to really do it is a whole other matter.

Quote:
(I will join you tonight at 10 pm PT - looking forward to it. :-) )

I would love to do this and have this something that we can do possibly everynight?? Even if we pray for 10 minutes, 30 minutes or hours.. let us get on OUR knees at 10pm PST!! (thats 7pm Easter Standard Time). I will pray about starting an section where people can signup for this and stay accountable. I know sharing how the Lord is blessing us as we pray will encourage others also.

Quote:
I thank God our brother Stephen will be joining in....please freecd, consider joining us. Its getting so bad in the world, that ALL we CAN do is pray in the Spirit on bended knees.

I know God is going to honour those who determine to pray to him daily!

Psalm 119:108: Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, And [b]teach me[/b] Your judgements.

Psalm 119:25: My soul clings to the dust; [b]Revive[/b] me according to Your word

2005/3/30 20:06Profile

Re:

I can do this every night but I think you may be wrong about the time conversion. Every source I have checked says that we (Eastern) are 3 hours ahead of you (Pacific), so when it is 10 there it will be 1 here.

2005/3/30 20:51
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
can do this every night but I think you may be wrong about the time conversion. Every source I have checked says that we (Eastern) are 3 hours ahead of you (Pacific), so when it is 10 there it will be 1 here.

Yes you are correct brother Stephen there is an 3 hour delay ahead of time for the eastern side of Canada, paticularly Toronto where I came from. I am currently in California studying at Bible College.

I will God willing pray for revival at this time also, let us pray for each other also that God would burden our hearts to prevail in prayer for this cause! Bless you brothers and sisters as you pray.

2005/3/30 21:25Profile

Re: What joy!!

I'm at the house church now, (for Bible study) and I'm excited. I'm excited because I actually feel , deep, in the depths of my heart, that the seed of something might be planted, this will be the burden of my prayers tonight, at 10 PM. (2200 PST)

Greg, I encourage you to start a section where we can come together, and report the work God has been doing IN us as we pray to Him(nightly?), a place to testify and (mayhap) prophesy (?) (could we get so blessed?)

I think so.....no! I know so. It aint like we're asking for gold caddilac's.

Revival.

When I first got saved, the very first non-canonical book I devoured was "Azusa Street", by an intense prayer warrior Frank Bartleman.

Please God give us the burden You laid on Frank Bartleman and David Brainerd, and lay it in my heart, Greg's, Stephen's, "freecd's", and the thirty other saints who will join us.

I'm so excited Greg, God bless you and see you in the Christ Jesus tonight.(u2 Stephen)

2005/3/30 22:09

Re:

Amen. Yes Lord God give us a burden!! Share with us your heart...and give us strength to persevere (the flesh is weak!!).

God bless you brothers.

Anyone else who will join us - we will unite to pray 10 pm Pacific Time (1 am Eastern).

2005/3/31 0:50
Heavenlyman

Australia

Re:

I feel so bless reading this post of agreement in prayer for the Lord had put it on my heart to pray for the revival too, I know it would not be easy but the Lord will give us a strength to do it. This is not co insidence for me to come across this site. It is so nice to read a topic with the same mind and desires that God Him self lay upon the hearts of others. God had given me a vision two weeks ago people are coming into the churches with the trembling heart of repentace. They will come in trembling heart and in true repentance, in wailing cry of the heart, crying and calling unto the Lord Almighty, As we come and dwell in His presence and stand in unity.
“Unity” in one mind, in one spirit, in one voice of praises and worship of His goodness for we worship one God. God promised that He would open the Heaven of blessing and His Glory will encompass the churches. His Glory will fall unto the churches. We are to worship and praise Him in Spirit and in Truth, and that's what He required.

I will be praying with you guys at 1:00 am in agreed time.
Thank you so much for this blessing and oppurtunity to be part of this.

Claudette

2005/3/31 2:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy