SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Would We Risk Death to Own a Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

I watched the video about the tribe recieving the New Testament for the first time and it was very moving. While in the Utube page there was a short 6 minute VOM video about a brother in Laos who was imprisoned for his faith in Christ. The title of the video was Risking His life for a Bible. Very moving and gets to the heart of this thread.

I would post the link but do not know how. But use Oracio's link to the New Testament video and you will see the VOM video also. Both videos very good and should encourage us to value and devour the word of God.

Bearmaster.

2013/8/14 21:57

Re: Would We Risk Death to Own a Bible?

VOM Video

Risking His Life for a Bible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zRUVtlcdUs

2013/8/15 1:18
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings ginnyrose

Thank you for your reply. I do find myself struggling with the importance that some place on owning and holding on to the Bible almost as if it is a treasure to them? Perhaps this is because I do know some who seem to hold on to their Bible as if it were an idol(if that is possible) This is something that has brought me to prayer before and I know will again and again as HE leads me. I do love reading my Bible and I am so thankful to have the blessing and privileged to own my Bible but I do think we must be careful in how we speak to others so that we do not come across as holding the Bible in the same place in our hearts as we do CHRIST HIMSELF! JESUS and my relationship with HIM is what gives life and that HE allows me to have the Bible to read is a blessing but if he should choose to take that away tomorrow I would still be blessed even more so because I would still have HIM and NO one can take HIM from me!!If everything in this world, in this life is taken from me and I am left sitting alone in the street with nothing but the shirt on my back and CHRIST JESUS then I still have all that I need! That is the heart I long to have and will continue to seek HIM for daily.

My heart rejoices with those who have suffered persecution and with tears receive the Bible to read for the first time and yet in some place in my heart I know these CHRISTIAN brothers and sisters have in many ways had a closer walk with CHRIST even with out owning a Bible then I have in my life. This is the place I need to be asking and examining my heart on daily!

Thanks again for what you shared. I will continue to seek understanding and pray about this topic as it has come up on SI a few times now.

God bless you sis
mj

2013/8/15 9:03Profile

Re: Mary Jane

Dear sister perhaps the following verses will help:

Job 23:12
I have "treasured" the words of His mouth more than ny necessary food.

Psalm 119:11
Your word I have "treasured" in my heart that I may not sin against you.

My sister you wrote that some hang on to their Bibles as if it were a treasure to them. Mary Jane, for the persecuted, the Bible is a treasure far more precious than gold or physical food. This is not worshipping the Bible. But a source of life for the persecuted to be sustained in their walk with Christ.

Thus if the persecuted need the Bibke. How much mire do we need it.

Bear.

2013/8/15 11:05

Re:

Mary Jane I would urge you or anyone else to check out the link to the VOM video posted by Armkelly a few posts back. It is the story of a Laotian brother who risked his life to have a Bible. The video is only 6 minutes long. But I belueve will answer your questions.

Blessings to you dear sister. Do appreciate your heart for Jesus.

Bear.

2013/8/15 11:12
onemite

Re:

Yes, the videos are beautiful.
So moving to see people praising God. The tenderness and sincerity reminds me of Brother Yun's story of how he earnestly prayed for a bible and then memorized it to teach others.

2013/8/15 15:15Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Bear

I can see for the persecuted having their own Bible to freely read would be very dear to them and I understand that heart.

I think what the LORD is showing me is not to be overly concerned in "what if" situations. I can not say what I will do "if" someone should ever come and take my Bible from me because I have not been put in that situation. I only have the now to go off of and guessing or imagining what I would do in any kind of "if" situation I don't think the LORD would have for me. However I can pray for the heart to do whatever it is the LORD would have me to do in such a moment "if" it comes while I am still here and I think that is the best way I can answer the question as it is posed in the thread. Thank you for the topic truly it has caused me to search my heart and to seek HIM and that is always a good thing :)

God bless you
mj

2013/8/15 16:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Would We Risk Death to Own a Bible?"""

Ga 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Philippians 1:20-24 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

This is as close as I can come to answer the original question. If Christ is to be magnified in this body of death, Then I must by faith believe that in what ever circumstance I am in, It is by His hand that leads me and gives me strength to follow Him, what ever the circumstance may be.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/8/15 22:26Profile

Re: The Cost of Standing for tbe Trufh

On our PW call last night a brother shared that a Federal judge in New Mexico said Christians need to step away from the Bible. The judge spoke in the context of the LBGT agenda. His comment implied for Christians to accept this and reject the Bible.

Thus the issue is not merely owning and possessing a Bible that would bring death, but living by its truth. This will be the heart issue that may bring us imprisonment and death. We may be put into situations where we must speak the truth of Jesus Christ from our hearts into the lives of others. This may cost us.

As I reflect upon this thread I realize now it is not risking death to own a Bible. But rather risking death to live out the reality of the Bible in our heart. For this has been the testimony of martyrs past and present. Their testimony dipped in blood has been the reality of Jesus Christ in their lives.

From the bear den.

Bearmaster

2013/8/18 8:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy