SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : TNIV - Your Thoughts??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread

Re: Come let us reason

There are others who would do a better job of countering the points this gentleman makes. Obviously I have not had time to sufficiently read everything he says. Usually when someone tells me to look into something an author has to say, the first thing I do is look to see what he/she believers and who they are affiliated with. That says a lot about where they are coming from, obviously.

For instance, if someone tells me they attend an Assembly of God church, I can make the assumption that they are sympathetic to Pentacostal doctrine.

This gentleman is a Christian Scientist. As such, he believes in a false religion, a false teacher, and a false god.

Paul was very clear that we should mark and avoid false teachers. Therefore, since this man is very much influenced by a false teacher... I really am not too interested in reading about what he sees wrong with the KJV. His religion does not make any sense in light of the KJV, and so it only makes sense that he doesnt like it.

Why would I go to a man who doesnt even believe in the same God I do for information concerning the Word of the Living God?

Just something to think about.

Krispy

2005/4/1 15:45
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Cowboy or sharpshooter

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

This gentleman is a Christian Scientist. As such, he believes in a false religion, a false teacher, and a false god...since this man [b]is very much influenced by a false teacher...[/b]

Really, 'very much influence'?

Quote:

His religion does not make any sense in light of the KJV, and so it only makes sense that he doesnt like it.

When you have some more time you can qualify some of these claims.

Quote:

Why would I go to a man who doesnt even believe in the same God I do.

Thats again, quite a statement.

I'll leave it for now, you are busy.

Enjoy the rest of your day,
by the way are you Tar Heels fan? Tommorrows the big one. UNC are apparently the favourites.

2005/4/1 16:02Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Today Non Inspirired Version :lol:

2005/4/6 9:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
are you Tar Heels fan? Tommorrows the big one. UNC are apparently the favourites.

Go Tarheels! I cant believe they almost blew a 15 point lead the other night. The best team won... of course. :-)

On to more [b]serious[/b] things...

Do you really need me to explain why I'm not willing to give credence to someone who is a Christian Scientist, and who praises Mary Baker Eddy?

Christian Science is a cult, Zeke.

Krispy

2005/4/6 10:13
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I do not like the TNIV, it does damage to language

2005/4/6 10:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy