SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have found the key!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Davidkeel wrote:The highway of holiness, the narrow way and the hard road all have one thing in common. It is all about losing your life.

He who loses his life will find it unto eternal life. Matthew 16v25.

Thank you for sharing these things. It is not about winning an argument or a debate, it is all about being faithful to HIM and seeking to be a servant to others. The narrow road can be a difficult journey and I believe that is why HE tells us few will take it but for those who do remain to the narrow path they see and know HE is there guiding them and that it is completely worth every step.

God bless
maryjane

2013/6/26 8:19Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: "The highway of holiness will never come through faith alone it is our works of obedience which will put us on that road."

Oh me this just so wrong.. having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Jesus is the way, he is the highway and if you truly want to live a Holy life then there is no other way.

In the apostle Paul’s commission we distinctly see that we “are sanctified by faith.” Acts 26:18

We also see that Jesus suffered on the cross “that he might sanctify [us] with his own blood.” Hebrews 13:12

This points us to the fact that we must have faith in His blood. This grace is purchased for us, and now it is for us to receive it. We also see that He has made provision in this same purchase that we may be kept sanctified.

The apostle Peter, in his testimony of the inwrought grace of God at Pentecost, speaks of this how faith, which effected in him and his brethren at Jerusalem, as well as the household of Cornelius upon the event of their induction into this glorious grace, the experience of heart purity, “and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.”

2013/6/26 8:31Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I think you are getting mixed up with works of obedience and works of the flesh. Works of the flesh as you quoted from Galatians are us trying to make an effort to make ourselves in right standing with God.

Works of obedience are being led by Gods Holy Spirit. It is following Him wherever he leads you, whenever he convicts you of doing wrong. Those works are necessary for living in constant fellowship with God.

2013/6/26 8:51Profile
rbanks

Re:

Brothers and sisters,

I believe we all understand that our salvation was by grace through faith.

We all have some good points from scripture but sometimes we are just looking at it from different angles. Sometimes we can read what a poster has written and the way it was worded sounds like they believe in a works salvation.

Sometimes it seems like one poster doesn't believe in obeying The Lord and the list goes on.

I have come to understand that a lot of the hard sayings of Jesus was in light of Him knowing that He was going to the cross to finished the work for our redemption. Now I believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross and there is absolutely nothing we can add to it because it is complete. We are saved by His grace and he did all the work to accomplish our salvation.

Jesus said that our work was to believe on Him. Our work is not to add to our salvation or to achieve salvation but only to receive everything that He made possible for us through the cross.

We are to be doers of the Word and not hears only (deceiving ourselves).

Without faith it is impossible to please God but we must believe that God exists and that He is a rewarded of those a who diligently seek Him.

We are not to wonder around aimlessly but we are to continuously seek God and rest by faith in Him, in His finished work. We are to grow in grace and in the knowledge of The Lord Jesus Christ. His grace is teaching us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world as we look for the blessed hope of His glorious appearing.

He is our almighty Savior and He gave Himself to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify unto Himself a special treasure of people zealous for good works.

He is going to come back in the glory of His Father with the holy angels and He is going to reward everyone according to his works.

Now this is all because of His finished work on the cross for us!

2013/6/26 9:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
Davidkeel wrote:The highway of holiness, the narrow way and the hard road all have one thing in common. It is all about losing your life. MaryJane

David also wrote:

Quote:
It's giving up your right to be correct. Allowing others to beat you in an argument at the Lords command. Forgiving others and saying sorry even when we think we have the legitimate right to be correct. It's surrendering our lives to God.

This is maturity. It will come one day hopefully, unless we draw back to perdition and we will find that we receive no further things from Gods hand unless we obey that way he is showing us.

He is after our heart not our emotions and feelings. Not even your prayer times or songs of rejoicing in Him can be compared to that of laying down our lives for Him.

We can skip and dance all day around the fire of mere words, but if we mean to say what is said in this paragraph then we say that believers can expect perdition, eternal destruction, the second death, the lake of fire and eternal torment because they did not…..who knows……... let those who are judges judge. If we follow them we will destroy ourselves trying, and learn to hate others in bitterness of soul. Just as countless others were so stumbled in the past by the very same gospel. This is the difficulty and no one really wants to talk about that. It requires a degree of self righteousness which makes the stomach turn. I for one reject it utterly and completely in Christ name.

There is a better way but that really does require something more than mere words of dead doctrines and repetitions. It is a way which must be true, else the whole Gospel is a lie, and in which we set aside the condemnation of countless saints simply because they do not walk as we imagine they ought to walk. To go otherwise is a ministry of condemnation. It breads pride, self righteousness and a lack of mercy. It would have men abandon even their most basis instincts to preserve their own families it is a cruel and destructive gospel of self achievement.

Unless our obedience is established on the finished work of Christ both for eternity and today we will labour in the flesh. Or else we will reject Christ altogether recognising the utter injustice of a God who sets men free from sin and death only to abandon them to eternal destruction because they had a job which was too demanding, or a child who was not obedient and laid waste to their peace, or because the pastor caused them to stumble because he hated them, or because the saints robbed and stole from them and made them stumble or because of the countless things which happen in believers lives every day which keep them from a simple walk of complete total and absolute surrender to the dictates of a vicious and cruel God who demands even the very flesh of our flesh as a living sacrifice unto Him. I believe such a God would have to be called Moloch.

I do not know that God. I have no part in that Gospel. I utterly reject that Gospel and all parts in it. Without reservation or repentance.

2013/6/26 9:31
MaryJane

Re:

JESUS does want our whole hearts, JESUS does want us to lay down our lives for others, JESUS does want and expect us to follow HIM daily, submit unto HIM daily, to take up our cross daily, and love HIM daily, HE does care about every aspect and tiny part of our lives, HE does want to know us, to be known by us and to walk with us in fellowship, HE does want us to serve one another, and to come before HIM in prayer, worship and praise. HE does want to give to us and for us to receive from HIM daily. And if we should fail in any of these things HE wants us to know HE will be there to help us pick up the pieces and begin again. Its a daily journey on a narrow path with HIM as our LORD. HE wants all of these things for us and HE wants our faith and trust knowing that we do not accomplish one single thing without HIM. HE wants us to have complete and absolute faith that all that we do...we do by HIS strength and HIS power, HIS love and HIS care. This is the only gospel I know, that I a sinner was bound for hell, lost in the darkness, blind in sin and self living until JESUS called out to me and brought me to my knees showing me that there is no life apart from HIM. In HIM I trust and place all my faith, and because of HIM I long to obey and submit unto HIS will. Because of who HE is when my LORD speaks I want to have the ears to listen...

that is what the LORD in HIS mercy has shown me and for each of us I pray we keep our hearts soft, open to HIM, and love one another.

God bless
maryjane

Edit: Just to say clearly to those who have shared here in this thread, my above post is "not" a line drawn in the sand but rather the outpouring of what the LORD has placed on my heart. Just as you have felt compelled to share so I have. Be blessed in HIM today and let us love one another while we have today!

2013/6/26 9:52Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I think you are getting mixed up with works of obedience and works of the flesh. Works of the flesh as you quoted from Galatians are us trying to make an effort to make ourselves in right standing with God.

Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Gal 3:3

No the Galatians had begun in the Spirit they were in right standing with God, they made the mistake by trying to get onto trying to be Holy by keeping the law (being perfected by the flesh)

The error of the Galatians was that they were trying to be perfected by the flesh by there own strength through obedience to the law.

Quote: Works of obedience are being led by Gods Holy Spirit. It is following Him wherever he leads you, whenever he convicts you of doing wrong. Those works are necessary for living in constant fellowship with God.

It all sounds good until the last sentence; “works are necessary for living in constant fellowship with God”

Come on we enter into the Holiest by the blood of Jesus and we remain in constant fellowship with God by the blood of Christ..

2013/6/26 11:14Profile

Re:

HI Zeke, my reply to your comment that disagrees with my assertion that there is balance in all that God does is to say, bless you brother. Rather than talk past each other, or as others may do, grow bitter and resentful because someone dares to disagree with them, let us rather agree to disagree and each be led of the Spirit in these matters. The word tells u that He, the Holy Spirit, would lead and guide us into all truth. I believe that and I know that you do to. Let us each be earnest in our walk with the Lord and our study of His word and our following His small still voice............bro Frank

2013/6/26 11:34
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Rather than talk past each other, or as others may do, grow bitter and resentful because someone dares to disagree with them, let us rather agree to disagree and each be led of the Spirit in these matters.Frank

Alright, just as long as I don't see you in a lynch mob or carrying a stone we'll be ok I think.;-)

2013/6/26 11:46Profile

Re:

Jesus will reject you if He does not "know you".

Now what does Him knowing us, mean?

What do you think "I don't know you", means?

What saith the whole counsel of God?

2013/6/26 12:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy