SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have found the key!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

I have found the key!!

“To be convinced in our hearts”, said Luther, “that we have forgiveness of sins and peace with God by grace alone is the hardest thing” because “the sin underneath all sins is the lie that we cannot trust the love and grace of Jesus and that we must take matters into our own hands.”

2013/6/25 6:06Profile
rbanks

Re: I have found the key!!

Amen Zeke!

First there is the rest of faith that Christ has paid it all! I must trust in Him completely for my salvation and redemption.

Then comes the out working of salvation as God works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

The relationship we have with Him cause us to desire to please Him in all things. We want to obey Him and be holy as He is Holy.

He chastises all those He loves and receives unto Himself.

2013/6/25 7:35Profile
MaryJane

Re:

This is a great reminder that GOD is faithful to what HE says to us. We can fully trust that HE will do all that HE says HE will do. HE will carry us through to eternity "IF" we remain in HIM. The key is "abiding in HIM," and the faith to do so comes not by our own strength or flesh but by putting complete trust in HIM, obeying HIM and daily dying to self. We must be willing to submit our lives unto HIM as LORD, we must take up our cross and follow HIM, we must remain in HIM. These commands are given to us by HIM and in love we respond willingly to HIM by seeking to be Holy as HE is Holy. What is truly amazing is that HE gives us all that we need to accomplish this journey. HE alone is our source of life and strength. HIS love is true and faithful with out end! I pray each of us will remain in HIM that we will "abide in HIM" always!

God bless
mj

2013/6/25 8:19Profile
rbanks

Re:

Excellent post MJ!

I truly enjoyed reading it and how well written!

God Bless you sister!!

2013/6/25 8:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"This is a great reminder that GOD is faithful to what HE says to us. We can fully trust that HE will do all that HE says HE will do. HE will carry us through to eternity "IF" we remain in HIM. The key is "abiding in HIM," and the faith to do so comes not by our own strength or flesh but by putting complete trust in HIM, obeying HIM and daily dying to self. We must be willing to submit our lives unto HIM as LORD, we must take up our cross and follow HIM, we must remain in HIM. These commands are given to us by HIM and in love we respond willingly to HIM by seeking to be Holy as HE is Holy. What is truly amazing is that HE gives us all that we need to accomplish this journey. HE alone is our source of life and strength. HIS love is true and faithful with out end! I pray each of us will remain in HIM that we will "abide in HIM" always!"

Amen!

This is an ongoing thing, not a one time event where one can then sit back, relax and do nothing. Walking with the LORD Jesus is an everyday, constant lifestyle. We do not choose to spend some moments indulging in sin and the rest walking with him. This mindset will rob you of your peace and joy. Every time. This is why folks experience drought in their spiritual life.

God bless.

2013/6/25 9:03Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
This is an ongoing thing, not a one time event where one can then sit back, relax and do nothing. Walking with the LORD Jesus is an everyday, constant lifestyle.

The acid test of understanding and believing the heart of the original post is that if you do not get the opportunity to spend hours in prayer everyday, but have mere minutes with the Lord and that its ok.

Will the Lord still bless me and my children everyday if I don't pray for them. That if I don't fast and pray will Jesus still be happy with me, that if I don't want to go to the prayer meeting that its ok.

I'm not talking here about major sin issues that those in the 'hyper-grace' mindset seem to keep, so lets just toss that notion on the garbage heap.

Its just life is busy and the three children need breakfasts made and lunches, then you go to go and work a full day, dealing with 2 hour gridlocked traffic. And then its baseball practice and ballet for dear Stephaney and then its super and homework and then its....Bed! And you haven't spent a meaningful moment with the Lord.

Could your theology of Gods grace cope with that without feeling condemned and guilty because 'you haven't spent time with the Lord'?

Its the mindset that if you don't walk with the Lord everyday as a constant lifestyle which causes many to be robbed of peace and joy.

This is the testimony of many in the body of Christ, they cannot measure up but they believe on Jesus and Jesus would say to them, I love you! No questions asked, no demands, no conditions, just grace!

2013/6/25 9:37Profile

Re: I have found the key!!

Quote:
“To be convinced in our hearts that we have forgiveness of sins and peace with God by grace alone is the hardest thing” because “the sin underneath all sins is the lie that we cannot trust the love and grace of Jesus and that we must take matters into our own hands.” Martin Luther

Nice try Zeke but unless God Himself makes it clear men will always try to get to heaven by means of a stick against their own backs. Such is the heart of vanity and such is weak faith.

Many people wonder why I have such a conviction that the gift of eternal life is eternal and without repentance on God's part. I tell them it is because it pleased the Father to make such a comprehension my own. What I have never said in detail before is how this happened.

I often read the example of Peter given when he said he would even die for Christ though others would turn away. I feel such a sadness when I read the comments which attribute to Peter a kind of backsliding as though Peter boasted in his flesh with a type of arrogance when he spoke the words he spoke to the Lord. The reason for this is as follows.

When I first believed in the Father and Christ I was in a most wretched and destructive mind. Then in an instant I was saved. After a few days of reflecting and fellowshipping with the Father one evening I came into an understanding that there was nothing more the Father could give me, that He had given me everything which brought me to eternal life in Christ. In a moment of overwhelming gratitude I worshipped the Father and found myself issuing the following words.

"Father I know that you have given me everything and that I have life. There is nothing more that you can give me. Ask Father what you desire! Even my life is nothing I will give it!"

In an instant I heard the words "will you do this for me Andrew?"

I saw myself being walked down a path leading to a gallows. Then up the steps and then to death by hanging. I became afraid, so real was the vision and struggled with the meaning of it. Then after a few moments I said "Father if you are there with me Lord. I will do it. I cannot do it on my own"

This is the meaning of eternal salvation. We cannot do it on our own. Yet preceding its outworking is its substance. It is the conviction of eternal security in the Father by Christ His Son. Nothing else is true no matter how we may press others to despise those who we say have fallen away. What utter foolishness to claim that Peter fell away. He did not fall away. He was scattered according to the Lord's own words and prophecy. Everything is in the Father's hand and He does not change His mind.

Peter was given a choice to turn away before hand when it was truly in his power to turn away. Yet Peter said "Lord to Whom shall we turn. For you have the words of life".

2013/6/25 9:52
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
Nice try Zeke

What are you talking about?

2013/6/25 10:00Profile
MaryJane

Re:

ZekeO wroteThis is the testimony of many in the body of Christ, they cannot measure up but they believe on Jesus and Jesus would say to them, I love you! No questions asked, no demands, no conditions, just grace!

Oh dear brother as I read what you wrote all I could think about is by whose strength are you doing all those things? Is it in your own or are you trusting in HIM. Does JESUS want "dear Stephaney" in ballet if it hinders you or her from spending time with JESUS? Can JESUS not be there among you when baseball practice goes on? In those two hours of grid lock traffic what about just praying, talking to HIM and singing your praises to HIM? Is our relationship with HIM such a burden that we can only pull HIM off the shelf when we find we have the time? The command is clear "IF" you love ME then obey ME. This is not my standard this is HIS and by HIS strength HE can accomplish that life in you.

I do not say these things to you to condemn you but to prayerfully give you things to consider. I often seek HIM myself on these very topics. Do you or I, or any of us, believe that our day with all of today's modern conveniences is more hectic and more busy then Paul's day was??? And yet Paul said it is no longer I that live but CHRIST! I only ask this because it is so easy to allow the cares of this world to steal our time and attention from HIM!! JESUS wants our whole hearts not one divided. "IF" you will let HIM, "IF" you will truly trust HIM, HE will show you how to walk with HIM and do all the things HE has for you and you will be amazed at how much time that you have with HIM.

You asked :Could your theology of Gods grace cope with that without feeling condemned and guilty because 'you haven't spent time with the Lord'?

my answer to you is simple its not my theology that draws me into those moments with HIM. Its JESUS HIMSELF that does. I come to HIM in prayer because I long to sit at HIS feet and spend time with HIM. Its not about schedules its about knowing HIM and submitting unto HIM because HE is LORD of my life. I do so because I want to spend time with HIM. JESUS isn't an after thought at the end of my day...HE is my day :)

God bless you
maryjane

2013/6/25 10:01Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi ZekeO,

What information I have of Luther, and his writtings cause me to scratch my head like none other.
Because his early writings seem inlightened, they are full of so much deep insight.

but yet I have one of his last writings "The Jews and Their Lies"

I have quotes of the things he said about the Anabaptist and others, I have the bondage of the will, of which the writting and slandering and attack styl used on Desiderius Erasmus, I believe would not be allowed one day on SI

from my research as of now, it appears that Luther started out strong but I am not convinced that he finished well. I am open to correction on that perspective but it would take a great deal of explaining to convince me otherwise.

2013/6/25 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy