SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Today's God is far too small

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

KingJimmy Said:

Quote:
The only power a Christian Coffee Shop will see is in the power of its espresso.

LOL thats just a great line bro.

2005/3/16 22:51Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

I will write y'all back when I get home in a few min...

2005/3/17 0:14Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Simple, we stopped truly believing Jesus Christ is truly alive from the grave and stopped treating Him as Lord. When the idea today is that we need to have Christian Coffee Shops in order to have "real" ministry, God doesn't have to backup such nonsense with signs and wonders. The only power a Christian Coffee Shop will see is in the power of its espresso.

We have indeed substituted the truth of God for which speaks vehemently against the world system for foolishness which fits into and in some cases justifies the world system.

Power of espresson you say :-P lol!!!

2005/3/17 0:28Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
I have the pleasure to host a good many foriegn nationals who come to Ohio. Many are coming from very presecuted areas in India, Africa, ect...Specific locations with held.God is still on the move in power in these countries. What we have in the western cultures is basically flawed christianity---or what many Africans call Amercanized christianity.That's not a complement.Our walk of faith doesn't cost us anything, or should I say it doesn't cost most of us anything.So is God doing big things, yes. Here in America? I believe He will but He's waiting for us.At what cost?That is what I've been searching out with greater intensity as the last year has pasted.There has been in me a growing dissatisfication with the statis-quo. The same as what I see in many here on this site.All I can say is keep on pressing into God until all heaven breaks loose here in western culture.

The time is fast-approaching when Christianity will be outlawed and the persecution begins. Those who signed up believeing that it would be a big picnic will probably opt out then leaving the ones who are about God's work in the most real sense. Now concerning the breaking loose of all of heaven on our culture, the magnitude of power that will come down will be unprecedented as will the judgement. Let us not be found wanting. Rather than sit around thumb in mouth we need to seek after God more desperately than ever before.

ok it's nappy time

2005/3/17 0:36Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re: American Christianity

Quote:
dohzman wrote: At what cost?

Well, I can only say this. My cost is nothing, anything it takes from me I have already been given twice already. I guess the question is am I still willing to part with it?... I pray so, though I can't say my willingness bares a very good track record.

Just like hunting through the chocolate box to find the caramels, I know there are many good Christians left in this country. Its just too bad Jesus is the only one with an index sheet.

2005/3/17 1:29Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Just like hunting through the chocolate box to find the caramels, I know there are many good Christians left in this country. Its just too bad Jesus is the only one with an index sheet.

We have access to Jesus and so He can lead us to eachother via the Holy spirit.

2005/3/17 23:44Profile
nexus

Re: Today's God is far too small

Hey, that would be a perspective on western society and their level of belief. go to a persecuted country where you can't afford to be half hearted (ie lukewarm) and then you will see great miracles et cetera. The western church is the church of laodicea. It is the richest and most lukewarm. we don't see god moving because we are too fat and complacent and proud to learn from the uneducated and unsophisticated underdeveloped and under privileged churches (eg Brother Yun).

2005/3/17 23:59Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

Quote:
go to a persecuted country where you can't afford to be half hearted

Quote:
we don't see god moving because we are too fat and complacent and proud to learn from the uneducated and unsophisticated underdeveloped and under privileged churches (eg Brother Yun).

While I do understand the nature of the term "we" to not be all-inclusive, that was the point behind the chocolate comment. Not everybody in this country is fat and lazy. There are many, many American missionaries, and we still are the #1 provider fiscally to overseas projects. Loren Cunningham's brainchildren (Mercy Ships and Youth With A Mission) are out there. I myself have met quite a few long-haul missionaries... the majority of which are American.

Yes, this country needs a revival. Yes, the prophets speak. Yes, there is much room for improvement. Does that mean God does not smile?

And before anyone even attempts to claim this lukewarm stuff, I have to ask a very specific question. Have you ever stepped foot on foreign soil while spreading the gospel? Have you sat in an African church service? Do you KNOW what you're talking about? Well, sir, I do not know for certain what all of Africa thinks and sees. I don't know how it all moves spiritually. But I do know this: I admire many Godly people in my own backyard. And African zeal and the movement of the spirit are not always synonymous. I can say that for a fact - I have been there.

*Edit: I need to leave with this note. If you wish to continue this thread - this topic - if you wish to hold it in your heart, please ask this question. Are you convicted of the U.S., or are you condemning it? [i]Are you sure?[/i]

2005/3/18 1:23Profile
Compton

Re: Broad Strokes

Quote:
The western church is the church of laodicea

Broad strokes? ;-)

MC

2005/3/18 1:26Profile
Rahman

Re: Today's God is far too small

This is just me folks ...

But when anyone asks the question regarding why our God in the OT, and the beginning of the NT doesn't show Himself presently like He did back then, usually meaning thru "signs and wonders", miracles if you will, it always brings to my mind this scripture ...

Matt.12:39
"But He answered and said unto them, an evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign" ...

Are we guilty of having become an evil and adulterous generation? ... i personally think so, and have said before that i think the reason why the "name it-claim it / health and prosperity" herecies found such fertile ground in the Church is because we've become sick and tired of faithing our way thru on faith alone and have become desperately in need of a "sign" ... A sign of what? ... A sign that God is actually there ... We want Him to unmistakably physically prove Himself to us, that He exist, and so even if He don't part a Red Sea for us, or raise Lazurus, if He'd put miraculously cure our cancer, give us that fat house or car that we'd never be able to get on our own, make us wealthy out of the clear blue, then we'd have some sure sign that He's there, that He's real, or as old doubting Thomas said, "If i could but see, and put my finger in the holes in His hand, then i'll believe" ... But what did Jesus say to Thomas who'd already seen Him do countless miracles in His living, but couldn't believe that He was raised from the dead? ...

John.20:29
"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed".

Whether we like it our not folks the "they" Jesus spoke of is you and i! ... God manifests Himself how He wants, when He wants, and if He wants, and if our faith in what He did for us on Calvary requires that He personally sends Gabriel to us, or that we see our own physical burning bush, in order to continue our walk/belief in Him, then nine times out of ten i'd say you're about to go sit on the side of the road ...

This is how i allow Holy Spirit to keep me grounded in the faith, and not seek after Him for a sign, and believe me there are times when i have in the past, and want to do so even still in the present regarding the vision(s) and dream(s) i believe He's given me toward what His ultimate purpose is for my life ... So when i get antsy i keep in mind ...

2Cor.4:18
"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal".

And i wear around my neck ...
Heb.11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

i believe that if and when it please God to reappear in the miraculous He will do so, and that nothing in heaven or earth can stop Him ... i also believe that if we'd collectively get on our faces in true repentance, crying out and weeping our remorse and our deep desire to meet Him in the Holy of Holies we'd open ourselves up to His miraculous anew, but at the rate we're going we don't have to worry about that happening ... We're an instant access generation, who if it requires any excertion from us at all would rather quit before we even begin ... We want everything handed to us on a silver platter ... That's why the scripture says ...

Heb.11:6
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him".

Notice it says "believe that He is", and in our dispensation apparently, thus far, it means without any kind of certifiable "signs and wonders" ... But who knows, if we'd get ourselves into His definition of "proper diligence" scripture also states ...

1Cor.2:9
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him"

i'm learning to leave what God wants to do, how He wants to do and what and when He wants to do up to God, while i do what it is that i'm equipped and capable to do by His grace (His ability) and that's to believe that He is whether i ever see anything that i might define as a sign ... I guess as i'm getting older His grace ever becomes even more than just sufficient ...

And our God is still doing very big things today ... He's ever advancing toward His Kingdom come using the likes of us ... That's pretty big! ... Amen

2005/3/18 12:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy