SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : The Head Covering Movement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

It is all about submission.

Women are called to submit.

Men are called to submit.

Sometimes God asks us to do things that seem weird: like forbidding Adam and Eve from eating from the one tree in the garden. Why single out ONE tree? God had his reasons and to violate it was costly for these people. Whether it makes sense of not is not the issue. Submission is.

And the benefits? Read the WORD...there are practical benefits but one would be amiss to wear it for those reasons. God loves it when we serve Him with joy and delight. When this is done there are blessings.

God bless.

2013/6/15 20:00Profile
allaboard

Re:

Ginny,

Just the way you responded is another reason the head covering seems unattractive and does not achieve the objective so many speak about.

When you flatly say, "It's about submission, women are called to submit, men are called to submit", you make God sound like Allah and the headcovering sounds like the Christian Burkha.

And, the very fact that you tie it to submission, tells me that you cannot help but judge those who don't wear it as being unsubmissive. No matter how much you deny that, the very fact that you believe wearing a head covering proves that a women is submissive, then conversely, is an indication to you (and others I am sure) that those who do not wear them are rebellious. how could you not think that? Either you think others are rebellious who refuse to wear one after they have receive the "teaching" or you think others are just ignorant and must not have had the "teaching", yet.

There are blessings when one is yielded to the Lord in their heart, dear sister. And when one is yielded and submissive in their heart to the Lord it is manifested in many different fruits of the Spirit.

I remain unconvinced, as I have not heard any compelling evidence that God is commanding women to wear a head covering.

2013/6/15 21:39Profile
allaboard

Re:

I think I will defer to the book that Greg markets:

What the PRINCIPLES FOR THE GATHERING OF BELIEVERS UNDER THE HEADSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST says:

page 282
"Who do you talk about the most? Jesus Christ? Or your Bible
translation? Jesus Christ? Or your particular doctrine, theology, eschatology...? Jesus Christ? Or your ministry? Jesus Christ or your gifts? Jesus Christ or your head-covering? Jesus Christ or your children, your family...? Jesus Christ or your denomination? It can be a number of things, brothers and sisters, and they’re not all bad.
Everything should pale in comparison with our love for Him. Love for Christ; the pursuit of Christ. I tell you, this Remnant that God is raising up that is scattered all over the earth shares one thing in common: to you who believe, He is precious! Christ is precious!
Hallelujah"

And that book only refers to it as a discipline or godly tradition not a command. A discipline such as Bible reading.

In the Chapter on Assemblies:
"ONE OF the hidden jewels of the Church is godly DISCIPLINE. there has been a great lack of teaching and encouragement in modern evangelicalism towards the godly disciplines of: Fasting, waiting on God, early rising, head coverings, prevailing prayer, systematic Bible reading, Bible memorization, kneeling in prayer, and many other godly TRADITIONS in Church history."

2013/6/15 21:46Profile
rbanks

Re:

allaboard,

I just had to reply to your excellent postings! I believe you have displayed a right spirit in your comments.

It would be wonderful if Greg and some other sisters could really comprehend the spirit of what you have stated in your posts but I'm afraid it will fall on deaf ears.

Jesus said "he that hath ears to hear let him hear" but sometimes we let the letter of the word bind us instead of the Spirit setting us free.

The letter kills but the Spirit ministers life!

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2013/6/15 22:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Allaboard,

It is not my idea that one submits to authority. If I had my own way I would be my own boss and do things MY way! Having acted like that too many times has proven to me that I am not a good god! AND...I have never seen anyone else with an independent mindset function well as a god, either.

Allaboard, all of life consists of submitting to authority. The ones that refuse to do so are dysfunctional at all levels, some ending up in the slammer. When we follow the LORD Jesus, are filled with his Spirit, we are submitting to authority and many times He asks us to do things we do not like.

Sure, I wear a head covering..but I must say it is God who judges people. I know what the WORD says and if I be judged for doing so, so be it. God has been good to me. I know because his Spirit abides within me. I have a lot to learn still, but my desire is to be obedient in all things. He died a horrible death on the cross to redeem me so how can I complain about wearing something so simple as a head covering? It is painless, does not inconvenience me at all. And the angels take note of it as well. God is good. Since this is the case how else can I show my love for him then by being obedient? Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments.

Allaboard, this is my conviction and I am sorry you do not share it as well. No amount of debate can deter me from it. Unless I feel so compelled, I will not say any more on this subject.

ginnyrose

2013/6/15 22:23Profile

Re: An Observation of the Hesrt

It seems the head covering is the female version of male circumcism. How many Jews were circumcised outwardly yet failed to keep the law. Paul reminds us that the one who is uncircumcised yet keeps the law in his heart is approved by God.

So if the sister wears a head covering as a sign of outward submission but in her heart is not submitting to God is she approved by God? It seems the sister who is not wearing the head covering but submitting to God is the one God approves.

I believe I read it is man that loooks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart. God is more concerned about what is in the hear of a sister then what is on her head. I read in 1 Peter 3 that a sister's adorning is not to be external but internal. The internal adorning that comes out of a heart governed by the Holy Spirit. Peter speaks of a gentle and quiet spirit that is precious in God's sight.

In the New Testament believers are exhorted to clothe themselves with Christ. In doing so the fruit if the Spirit will flow out of their hearts as rivers of living water. That fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness , faithfulness, gentleness self control. These virtues of the heart are far more precious to God in a sister than whether their head is covered or not.

In ny walk with God the sisters I have met that have shown the beautiful fruit of tthe Spirit did not have a cloth on their head. But they had the covering of Jesus himself. That covering of being clothed in Christ himself.

As usual, my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/6/15 23:09
allaboard

Re:

If one is submitting to authority but not wearing a head covering, are they in rebellion?

If one is not submitting to authority but wearing a head covering are they in submission?

Yes, Bearmaster, your thoughts are closer to the character and nature of God. The covering of Christ trumps any article of clothing.

But would it not make our Christian life easy if all we had to do to prove we were not rebellious was to wear a small article of clothing on our head instead of yielding to inward circumcision?

It seems to me that one could also become quite proud of their outward "status symbol". Almost to shame other women for not being as "spiritual".

2013/6/16 1:53Profile

Re: The Head Covering Movement

Head covering [women] or uncovering [men] is scriptural and there is no argument with that, It is men and women. It is outward and it is visible, which is its meaning and purpose. It is for the angels and not principally for the man.

If you ever get the responsibility of employing a man and you find one who calls you "master" you can be certain that it will be his countenance and not the words which will decide who you employ. When you walk down the queue to select your labourers it will not be the ones who have removed their hats when you pass by which you will employ, but the one who removed his hat, calls you master and shows a good spirit to serve you according to days wage.

If Satan is looking for his labourers who will he choose? The one who wears the hat or the one who removes it? He will choose both because he is looking for hypocrisy at work and if he sees it he will seek to have its benefit. On the other hand if he sees a sincere heart and a covering he will flee.

2013/6/16 4:30

Re:

AA writes..........

"And, the very fact that you tie it to submission, tells me that you cannot help but judge those who don't wear it as being unsubmissive. No matter how much you deny that, the very fact that you believe wearing a head covering proves that a women is submissive, then conversely, is an indication to you (and others I am sure) that those who do not wear them are rebellious. how could you not think that? Either you think others are rebellious who refuse to wear one after they have receive the "teaching" or you think others are just ignorant and must not have had the "teaching", yet."

Brother, you have captured the very essence of it. Sometimes we have glimpses of that truth coming out, but most times it is hidden. On this very forum, someone of the head covering persuasion suggested that they did not know if Corrie Ten Boom was saved because she did not cover her head.

Andrew, are you suggesting that if a man ever wears a hat, he is in rebellion? For those of the head covering persuasion do not simply cover their heads when praying or prophesying, they cover their heads all the time in public. So, conversely, following that logic, men would not be allowed to cover their heads in public, as a sign of their own submission.............bro Frank

2013/6/16 7:27

Re:

Quote:
Andrew, are you suggesting that if a man ever wears a hat, he is in rebellion?...........bro Frank

No

2013/6/16 7:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy