SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Kingdom Authority or Crazy Buffoonery?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Kingdom Authority or Crazy Buffoonery?

Is anyone familiar with 'Kingdom Authority' teaching? Where we as Christians need a 'spiritual covering' of leadership before embarking to do this or that? If this sounds strange to anyone: good. If anyone does indeed believe this or is familiar with it, could they please explain this a bit to me with Scripture? Thank you.

Brother in Christ,
-Eli

2005/3/14 11:37Profile

Re: Kingdom Authority or Crazy Buffoonery?

I'm not sure if I've ever come into contact with this doctrine, or if I came in contact with power hunger church leaders. I once formed a group of 3 other men (back when we were in the institutional church... charismatic to be exact) and we got together weekly to pray for the pastor of the church. A way to spiritually support him, ya know.

He found out about it, and hauled me into his office and rebuked me, saying that I "had no authority" to form any such group without approval from he and the leadership.

When i left his office, that was the last time I've ever seen him. We never went back.

How rediculous!

I know there is a Kingdom Authority doctrine, but I think it's something different than what you are describing. I know Jack Hayford believes in "Kingdom Authority", but it's more of a doctrine that promotes that Christians have available to them all the power of the apostles.

I dont subscribe to it... the apostles had certain giftings and "powers" for a specific reason, and that was to lend authenticity to their message. It was a sign from God that what they were preaching was real. We have the Bible now... and I have yet to see one single believer in this age who is spiritually gifted in the same way the apostles were. I've seen a lot of pretenders... but nothing real.

Krispy

2005/3/14 13:12
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Are you sure?

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I dont subscribe to it... the apostles had certain giftings and "powers" for a specific reason, and that was to lend authenticity to their message. It was a sign from God that what they were preaching was real.

We have the Bible now... and I have yet to see one single believer in this age who is spiritually gifted in the same way the apostles were.

Hi Krispy,

What Apostles were those, not all the apostles wrote scripture?

For a list of what they do etc Try here

2005/3/14 13:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
What Apostles were those, not all the apostles wrote scripture?

I never said they all wrote scripture.

There were only ever 12 Apostles.

Krispt

2005/3/14 14:03
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
There were only ever 12 Apostles.

I would encourage you to read Acts onward, and again try the link it is full of scriptures not opinions.

2005/3/14 14:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
I would encourage you to read Acts onward

Ummm... this is where I bite my tongue and not respond in the flesh. :-)

There were 13... I made an error in my math. There was the one who replaced Judas Iscariot, and then there was Paul. All of the apostles had been eye witnesses to Jesus Christ... including Paul. If you have reference to any other apostles mentioned in scripture, I'd love for you to share that info with me.

I've read beyond Acts... thank you for the suggestion tho.

Krispy

2005/3/14 14:20
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

The Kingdom authority I'm talking about sounds like what you were describing to me about the pastor who didn't want you to pray for him outside his authority. That's exactly it.

As for apostles and power... brother, I agree that there are many that give the Acts side of the gospel a bad name because of the lust for money and fame etc. But I do not agree that the church is void of that pentecostal power today. The same Holy Spirit the Apostles had is also available to us, according to the measure of our faith.

Check out Smith Wigglesworth. He was a true brother in the Lord and one of the most dangerous to hell!

God bless,
-Eli

2005/3/14 14:31Profile
ZekeO

Glory to Glory

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Ummm... this is where I bite my tongue and not respond in the flesh.

At least you are aware of it. Besides you should now by know that I like poking a bit of fun at you, you are a very serious fellow. Anyway staying godly without causing your brother to stumble is an area I need work on.
Blessings,

p.s. Read that thread you will find out all the scriptures you need, we are already ambushing this persons thread.

2005/3/14 14:31Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Glory to Glory

Ambush me, will you! :-x

2005/3/14 14:33Profile
ZekeO

Your onto us!

Quote:

Eli_Barnabas wrote:
Ambush me, will you!

Well okay its pretty hard when you see the dust storm coming from a mile away. I'm trying to respect the fact that you posted wanting answers not wanting to see some individuals having fun.

2005/3/14 14:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy