SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For those seeking entire sanctification.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

I have to say that in myself despite the grace of God I am not willing.

It is the grace of God that gives us the desire for it and it is the grace of God that brings us to entire sanctification.

Entire sanctification is impossible without the grace of God revealing to us the finished work on the cross and our experiencing the revelation of our crucifixion in Christ upon the cross. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts.

Blessings....from brother rbanks

2013/6/26 22:57Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Entire sanctification is impossible without the grace of God revealing to us the finished work on the cross and our experiencing the revelation of our crucifixion in Christ upon the cross. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts.
.Rbanks

Is this not the hope we have in Christ Jesus. If you read Pauls prayers in Epistles its revealing as to what he prayed to God for these people:

Ephesians 1:15-23
Quote:
15 For this reason, mbecause I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love6 toward all the saints, 16 I ndo not cease to give thanks for you, oremembering you in my prayers, 17 that pthe God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, qmay give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, 18 rhaving the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is sthe hope to which he has called you, what are tthe riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, uaccording to the working of vhis great might 20 that he worked in Christ wwhen he raised him from the dead and xseated him at his right hand yin the heavenly places, 21 zfar above aall rule and authority and power and dominion, and above bevery name that is named, not only in cthis age but also in the one to come. 22 And dhe put all things under his feet and gave him as ehead over all things to the church, 23 fwhich is his body, gthe fullness of him hwho fills iall in all. ESV

Ephesians 3:14-21
Quote:
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom wevery family3 in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to xthe riches of his glory yhe may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit zin your inner being, 17 aso that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being brooted and cgrounded in love, 18 may have strength to dcomprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and eheight and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ fthat surpasses knowledge, that gyou may be filled with all hthe fullness of God.

20 iNow to jhim who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, kaccording to the power at work within us, 21 lto him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. ESV

There are many more but his prayers are centred around these two things, knowing Jesus more and more and knowing what he has done more and more.

Its like paul new the key to effectual and effective followers in Christ was not on trying to be holy or spiritual but knowing Jesus and who we are in him. From that growing revelation we go from one degree of glory to another.

2013/6/27 3:36Profile

Re:

Dear Brother

(amrkelly wrote) Then I find myself asking whether I am minded to pay the price for the fullness of it. I have to say that in myself despite the grace of God I am not willing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As the Lord gives us both to will and to work, I encourage you to ask the Lord to fulfill His promise and make you willing.

It is the way I received the blessing as I was unwilling too. His ways are perfect.

Thank you Elizabeth.

Brenda

2013/6/27 3:51

Re:

Quote:
(amrkelly wrote) Then I find myself asking whether I am minded to pay the price for the fullness of it. I have to say that in myself despite the grace of God I am not willing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As the Lord gives us both to will and to work, I encourage you to ask the Lord to fulfill His promise and make you willing.

It is the way I received the blessing as I was unwilling too. His ways are perfect.

I have to tell you sister that I ask the Lord to keep me from such foolishness; that I should in my own flesh become willing to do anything which would serve to stir me up to good words, including a natural understanding of the holiness which of necessity precedes good works. The natural man will never truly give up anything save for vain reasons. Some brethren say that this idea alludes to irredeemable flesh, it is the old man and the only remedy is the cross. The hope which I referred to in my last post is one born out of the leading and revelation of the Holy Spirit, it is the very thing which Wesley experienced (see the original comments) and which gave rise to a full conviction of what sanctification means in Christ. It is the cross. Read the comments again. I have not changed my mind nor have I shared this latter thing simply to present myself to a falsehood.

True sanctification is in Christ alone. As far as we are concerned our sanctification is Christ Himself. 1 Corinthians 1:30. This is what I believe. The fact that I am willing in obedience, in the spirit, does not change the reality that I perceive and agree that the heart is utterly wicked and deceitful. Presented with no choice, the heart will fain every outward measure of righteousness and this will lead to self righteousness and the harm of others. I know it. I have witnessed it time and again. I have resisted it in my self and repented of it. May the Lord never permit me to go that way of self effort even when it is predicated on a true revelation of Christ crucified for sin; being set apart through death in Him. May it always be, not I but Christ. For those who have truly entered into this rest they are the most blessed and those who have all knowledge yet have not entered into His rest are the most to be feared. If I ever get to thinking that I am become willing in myself to pay the price, I am already lost to the meaning of true sanctification and holiness. Hence why I said "I am unwilling". My natural mind simple agrees with the witness of God. Otherwise comprehending these things in the spirit would not be a true comprehension at all. It would be a vanity of the imagination.

For those who want to be mystical about this it is really simple. Do that which you know you ought to do. If we simply did that, the struggle would become so great that we would discover the reality of what rest means because it is the opposite of labour. Good works ought to be a daily reality. Give to the poor, bless those who are the least able to help themselves and so on. Nothing to boast in, no reward, nothing more than that which is already given. It is what we ought to do. Sanctification and sanctifying our own bodies has to do with service to God and not men. It is true worship and is a separate matter to the business of serving others. It is the bride making herself ready. Dressing and taking delight in the Groom who comes for her.

2013/6/27 5:32
rbanks

Re:

True sanctification is in Christ alone. As far as we are concerned our sanctification is Christ Himself. 1 Corinthians 1:30. This is what I believe. The fact that I am willing in obedience, in the spirit, does not change the reality that I perceive and agree that the heart is utterly wicked and deceitful. Presented with no choice, the heart will fain every outward measure of righteousness and this will lead to self righteousness and the harm of others.
Quote -Andrew

Amen brother Andrew!

Romans 6:5-6 (KJV)
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 8:12-14 (KJV)
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 (KJV)
That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2013/6/27 7:11Profile

Re:

As one who loves reading about the holiness movement, the doctrine of entire sanctification which was preached by Wesley, J.A. Woods, Brengle, Fletcher, and the like. And more importantly that I am earnestly crying out to God for a clean heart and to be holy, I would like to add a comment to this thread that a close brother recently shared with me:

"Holiness is a by-product of our relationship with the Father and not a prime product."

If we are not abiding in Christ and He in us then we cannot be holy. Christ is the only way to the Father and the only way to the truth and life (zoe life, spiritual life, holy life.) Apart from Him we can do nothing. The Law is holy just and good, but the Law cannot make a man holy. For the law of the Spirit of life (zoe life) has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

In other words if we are focused on anything else other then the simplicity which is in Christ Jesus then Paul warns us: "But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ."

I quote the below verse from Revelation for myself, as I am weak and want the Lord to be revealed in me:

"‘But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. ‘Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place—unless you repent."

May the Lord build His church in your local community and mine. May the fulness of Christ be seen and heard as the light and salt of the world in this perverse and wicked generation,

K&B

2013/6/27 11:56
Elibeth

Re:

Andrew,

Thank you so kindly for being so graciously helpful in passing this on.

I really do not know how to bring up the web sites,..or if I even can
on this iPad.

Thanks again,...as we learn and commune about Him.

elizabeth

2013/6/27 19:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Who sanctifies and cleanses the Bride of Christ? It is only, without any circumstances of my doing, but only of God through Jesus Christ that sets forth any Holy Contract that I might be saved.

There is no transaction on my part, for man cannot approach God unless it is through the Person of God, Jesus Christ Himself. Once the transaction has been made by God, then Jesus Christ by giving Himself for me so He might start the sanctification process, taking me to a glorious place in Christ, preparing me for no spot, no wrinkle, He making me without blemish, a perfect place in His body the Church as His perfect Bride.

me = all who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

This is the transaction God has made for all who believe;

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

This is my contract with God a transaction by Him to present me Holy and acceptable to the Father. This is the seal of the Holy Spirit upon my life in Christ.

In Him, who makes it possible for my salvation:

Phillip

2013/6/27 22:17Profile
Sree

Re:

I do not call it second blessing. I will call it baptism of Holy Spirit.
I came to Christ at the age of 25, having read the Gospels I was so thrilled to live according to the teachings of Christ. I was raised as a Hindu and was living as one till 25. Once I read the Gospel it was made evident that the teachings of Jesus on inner life and purity is the one that God is seeking from me.

After accepting Christ and having experienced a Born again life, I got a clear conviction of Conscious sins in my life. I struggled hard to overcome sins that I know. But I failed frequently. Only difference between my pre-born again life and post born again life was the sin conviction and need for repentance. The life style was more or less the same with frequency of sin only being reduced.

Based on my personal life, a truly born again believer cannot live in a life of sin. He will receive an inner spirit who will rest only when he repents and set things right with God. This is exactly what the scriptures say as well.

Now after close to 2 years of defeated life, one night I decided to stop being a Christian. I decided that I was not called to live this life and could no longer take the pain of frequently sinning and not honoring God. I made an honest prayer -' Lord if you have not called me tell me plainly so that I will not be fooling around'. The spirit inside me prompted me to read the Bible one last time.

Bible opened to John 14, where I heard Jesus speaking to me that there is a place reserved for me in his Kingdom and if it was not so then he would have told me plainly. It was not like reading a passage but hearing from someone. And I know who was speaking.

I wept so badly that night with a realization of God's love for me. Though I have continuously dishonored him in my life , he cared to appear in that room, that night to speak to me. After that life became different, I got assurance that Jesus loves me and will rescue me from all temptations. Bible became a different Book and revelations started flowing, with gift to share God's word for encouraging other believers. Above all, I got the power to overcome sin. Power that was lacking in me but was given by my savior.

The true sign of Baptism of Holy Spirit is power to live an overcoming life in which Sin has no dominion on you. Does this make me sinless perfect? No it does not. But I can testify that God will deliver me from all temptations so that I will not commit the sins that I know are sin (Conscious Sin). He is faithfully showing me Sins in unknown areas of my life. All I need to do is, to seek his grace to overcome them.

Brother Zac Poonen says, As far as possible for a man to achieve Christlikeness on this earth, I want to reach.

Same is my desire as well. I pray that it will be the desire of the readers, so that they will seek sanctification faithfully.

Simple logic, if evil spirit enters a person he becomes evil, same way if holy spirit enters he should become holy. In both cases it should be visible and not a theology where you believe that you are already Holy. Christianity should be experienced.

2013/6/28 2:09Profile
jochbaptist

Sree's testimony

Thanks Brother, that was truly blessed reading.

Also blessed by your last post Amrkelly. Thanks!

2013/6/28 5:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy