SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A discussion on can a believer live without sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

But Dave does bring a wise word of caution. Might I ask in the context of this discussion. Who among us is without sin?

Bearmaster.

2013/5/16 11:48

Re: Heydave

QUOTE Krautfrau, I would caution you saying "but for most believers it has not moved down from the head to the heart." We really cannot judge if this is the case or not to say 'most' and we are in danger of placing ourselves above 'most'. I do know some who say 'we are just sinners saved by grace' and some by this may mean we cannot stop sinning, but I would say most do not mean this. However I don't like that saying myself as it gives no hope of victory over sin and misses the truth of the old man being crucified with Christ.END OF QUOTE

-------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know many believers by their own admission that are experiencing the pure heart.

2013/5/16 14:47
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Saw this video it some of Oswald Chambers writings on Roms 6:6..

He likens the body of sin to the body of Christ take a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7SqlAVH54g

2013/5/16 14:55Profile

Re: bearmaster

QUOTE Is the issue that saints do not kniw that they are crucified with Christ? Or simply not choosing to pursue holiness at the practical level?END OF QUOTE

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think they all know it but the power of sin is not broken because there is a part we have to play in it. We have to reckon. After so many years of the Christian life, there are often issues that build up. There is a lack of trust due to things that have happened to us. It is often buried deep down and many times we are not really aware of it until something crops up.

This was what I found. I was angry way deep down with God. I felt that He had given me far more than I could deal with and was expecting too much of me. Of course I had been walking in the flesh and did not understand His power for overcoming.

The sin I had most problems with was anger. I would feel irritated easily and no matter how many times I resolved to gain control over it I could not.

But to get back to my feelings towards the Lord, a crisis came up and something I really wanted, really felt I needed, which was to be offered by the local authority, the house of my choice in a newly renovated housing complex. It was the one with the wonderful view overlookling a pine tree wooded valley. The houses apart from that one were all the same.

I felt that it would really ease the stress I was under with a handicapped child, and a difficult marriage to a man who I found out later had a drink problem.

I really prayed that the Lord would grant me this house. I was not being greedy I thought as it was just a small housing authority house but I have found that it is really important to me what I have to look at day after day. I suffer easily from depression due to my genetic defaults, which affect the way my body can absorb b vitamins. I did not know then but there was an answer to it ie taking high doses of b vitamins and other nutrients.

It makes a huge difference to me to look out onto trees outside and not a scruffy housing estate. Well to cut a long story short, we did not get the house. Instead we were allocated one across the road with no views.

I was so upset that weekend, and I came really close to throwing in the towel with my faith because it was yet another disappointment after a long line of them and a long life of sickness, childhood neglect and abuse including the advances of an peadophilic uncle .

My family had members with schizophrenia two who had committed suicide - my sister and eldest son, also due to these genes, and I was mercury poisoned as a young child.

Nothing good seemed to have happened in my life, and so I was really cut upabout the house falling through. I had reached a crisis point. I told God how I felt about Him and spent a few days in absolute agony of mind. Then eventually I saw that He had bought me at a great price and I had to decide whether I would accept everything He provided for me with gratitude.

I saw that I had been walking in the flesh and brought about many things because of this. I had notbeen living the crucified life and this crisis showed me my faults. I was struck down in deep repentance, into the dust begging forgiveness and mercy.

In an instant, He did a major work in my soul and delivered me from the battle that had raged inside. I had reckoned myself dead and He raised me up to a new and beautiful world where His presence which had been missing a great deal of time was there with me.

In three days I could barely sleep, because of His presence. He flooded me with love and taught me more in those three days than I had learned in 17 years previously of Bible study and listening to sermons.

I was on holy ground.

The power of sin had been broken and I could leave my dungeon. Since that day there have been many trials and then a major revelation about the presence of sin because although the power of sin had been broken, I was still unaware of certain remaining things. But I will leave that
for now, apart from saying that I believe this is the reason why many who were in the holiness movement and become disillusioned with their entire sanctification. They had reached the first part but there are two parts but please dont think that far ahead, for now the focus must be to seek revelation from God to enable you to enter into this blessing.

ps the house we were given was full of cat fleas and we all got pesticide poisoning when the local authority fumigated it with us in residence.

blessings
Brenda

2013/5/16 15:24

Romans 6 - Part 1 by Zac Poonen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YqFmQ42lJY&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I have been listening to this message and it is very relevant to all that we have been speaking on. If you can at least listen to the first 10 mins., you will see he is covering all the points we have recently been discussing on "how we can live without sin in a sin filled world." Maybe you might be led to listen to the entire message. KM

2013/5/16 15:30

Re:

Dear sister Brenda:

Thank you for all that you shared in regard to your testimony.

The following verse came to mind after I read it:

"From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus" (Gal. 6:17).

2013/5/16 15:46

Re:

pilgrim777 said:

"2 Peter 2:14
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls:an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

The implication here is that those who cannot cease from sin are those who have "eyes full of adultery".

I believe the Holy Spirit is talking about spiritual adultery, too (especially).
Spiritual adultery = unfaithfulness to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

The Holy Spirit is saying our temple should not be defiled.

What kind of sin does not defile the temple?" END QUOTE

Dear brother: Have you ceased from sinning?

Also, was this a response to my post? The beginning of the chapter you quoted from in 2 Peter was written to: "false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves." Are you saying I am a false teacher? Please forgive me for this question, but I just want to clear up the intent of your post.

Also, if you have ceased from sin then please let us all know how you have done this, as this was one of the questions asked many times during this discussion.

What kind of sin does not defile the temple? Well, a little leaven leavens the whole lump and the bible tells us to remove the "wicked man," who will not stop sinning, from our mist. Because the temple of God is to be holy and without sin. Of course we must remove him/her for the purpose of winning them to repentance, but after he/she has repented then we welcome him/her back into the fellowship.

Thank you, Kenneth

2013/5/16 16:59

Re:

Saints you nay want to read the parable by David Ravenhill entitled Free Car Wash for the Life Of the Car. This was posted by Greg earlier and is prsently on the board. Though David is addressing the Hyper Grace teaching. His message has bearing here. Perhaps the question needs to be asked. Do we ever get to a state in our Christian walk where we we stop repenting and confessing our sins before God? I know some were reluctant to admit to the question. Do they sin?

David Ravenhill is the son of Leonard Ravenhill.

Bearmaster.

2013/5/16 17:59
pilgrim777

Re:

Contrary to popular opinion, these verses do not contradict one another.

Pro_16:6 By mercy and truth INIQUITY is PURGED: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ DEPART FROM INIQUITY.

Psa_4:4 Stand in awe, AND SIN NOT: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

1Co_15:34 Awake to righteousness, AND SIN NOT; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1Jn_2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, THAT YE SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Why do you think the Holy Spirit breathed these words to us?

2013/5/17 0:57Profile

Re: soldout2him

Dear Brother Kenneth

Thank you for your kindness. What you said was very encouraging as I had not thought of that verse with regards to my trials. It reminded me that I made that commitment to suffer for Him and indeed it is an honour especially to be nothing amongst men, and even to have family betray us.

I watched the Zac Poonan video thanks. I`m hoping to find his teaching on Romans 7. I cant decide whether he is teaching gradual sanctification.I think he is but I`m not sure yet. This teaching is about improving the flesh which is impossible but is very popular at the moment. They talk about holiness which sounds good as the desire today is for holiness, but it is a rabbit trail. The preachers admit themselves that they are not there yet one must be to be able to guide others.

2013/5/17 3:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy