SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Lord Carey Attacks David Cameron on Religion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Lord Carey Attacks David Cameron on Religion

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lord-carey-attacks-david-cameron-religion-013541469.html#Cnt0xmT

Same story but different write-up of it.

'The 77-year-old, who as archbishop of Canterbury was spiritual leader of the world's 80 million Anglicans, said that while Cameron has vocally supported Christians' right to wear the cross, government lawyers have argued against this at the European Court of Human Rights.

The prime minister "said that he supported Christians' right to practise their faith," Carey wrote. "Yet many Christians doubt his sincerity."

He cited a ComRes poll which suggested that more than two-thirds of British Christians feel that they are part of a "persecuted minority".

Downing Street strongly rejected Carey's accusations.
"This government strongly backs faith and Christianity in particular, including backing the rights of people wanting to wear crosses at work and hold prayers at council meetings," a spokesman said.

Carey is an outspoken opponent of gay marriage and has urged the government to drop its plans to recognise it in law.

He sparked controversy last October by comparing strong supporters of same-sex marriage to Nazis, arguing that the labelling of its opponents as bigots was reminiscent of the early days of the Third Reich.'

2013/3/30 13:27Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Lord Carey Attacks David Cameron on Religion

What I see going on is alarming, Christians are being demonized as bigots simply because they believe that homosexual marriage is wrong.

It seems that there is something happening to a christian every week in the UK at the moment and what hey are using against them is the equality laws..

Personaly becasue of this I find a zeal stirring in me, initially that zeal had me planning to go into a church in my city to disrupt a homosexual minister during his sunday service, but I decided against it as it would only harm the cause of Christ as it would be t God is going me going in my own strength. For me the most zealous radical thing that I can do is a complete surrender to Christ and his cross.

I believe that God is allowing what is going on in our nation to wake Christians up. As soon you won't be able to work in the police, social services, teaching without compromising your faith. It will be a case of compromise or stand.

2013/3/31 6:44Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

I completely agree with you Colin and also your sensitivity to the Lord seems right.

It is a multi-pronged attack from the Adversary and the topic of same sex marriage has been presented to the U.S. Supreme court and they will be ruling on it soon.

God is allowing many, many different things to go on to wake Christians up.

God is speaking through world events and even exposing false doctrine in the church by current events.

The Churches that will be supporting and joining homosexual churches are the ones that think walking in holiness and obedience are "works" that negate grace.

Keep fighting the good fight over there. Much peace in Christ to you.

Pilgrim

2013/3/31 11:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
murrcolr...Christians are being demonized as bigots simply because they believe that homosexual marriage is wrong.

Homosexuality is WRONG! Leviticus 20:13...If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

2013/3/31 13:21Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Bill, maybe I am wrong, but I think you misunderstood the post. I don't think Colin is calling you a bigot. He is saying that the media is demonizing Christians as bigots because they take the stand that homosexuality is wrong.

Of all the sinners that Jesus died for, don't you think that Jesus died for homosexuals, too and wants to save them and set them free?

Pilgrim

2013/3/31 13:41Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
pilgrim777...Bill, maybe I am wrong, but I think you misunderstood the post. I don't think Colin is calling you a bigot. He is saying that the media is demonizing Christians as bigots because they take the stand that homosexuality is wrong.
Pilgrim

No I understood, I was just speaking in general, not at anyone,sorry I did not make that a little clearer, I went back and edited my original post, just to rule out any confusion.
Happy Easter!

2013/3/31 14:08Profile
proudpapa

Re:

MrBillPro wrote /// Homosexuality is WRONG! Leviticus 20:13...If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.///

I agree that "Homosexuality is WRONG" and I am in no way a defender of them, but lets remmember that we are all deserving of death according to the Law, that is what the law is for, to show us that we to are deserving of death.

By the Laws standard anyone whom works on the sabbath is also worthy of death. Have you ever worked on the Sabbath?? Exodus 35:2

Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

2013/3/31 15:13Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
MrBillPro...No I understood, I was just speaking in general, not at anyone,sorry I did not make that a little clearer, I went back and edited my original post, just to rule out any confusion.
Happy Easter!

Bill, thanks for your reply. What were thoughts on this question?

Of all the sinners that Jesus died for, don't you think that Jesus died for homosexuals, too and wants to save them and set them free?

2013/3/31 15:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
pilgrim777...Bill, thanks for your reply. What were thoughts on this question?

I do agree, that Jesus did die for all sinners, and wants all them to be saved and set free, but are we to continually knowingly live in sin? I also see no other scripture in the word, that is as specific, as Leviticus 20:13 on a sin were someone should be put to death now for a sin.

If they were put to death, in the past, as the word says they should be, they would have to make up their minds mighty fast on accepting Jesus Christ into their lives, or be put to death. You can bet, if anyone today knew that living a homosexual lifestyle was punishable by death, we would either have less homosexuals, or they would be tight lipped, and not trying to force our society to pass laws to accept them.

Bottom line is for me personally, I don't like their "in your face" agenda, why can they just shut up and leave the last little bit of morality this nation has intact. God did not place Leviticus 20:13 in the word in vain, he meant what he said, just like with all scripture. As Christians we can't accept compromise on Gods word, if we do, next the same Government that is letting the homosexuals push them into accepting their lifestyle, will be collection our Bibles, and tax our Churches, and as bad as I hate to say this, the later might be coming soon, if we don't take a "BIG" stand soon.

2013/3/31 17:13Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Working on the Sabbath was punishable by death, too. One poor soul was out picking wood for his family and he was caught and brought before Moses and the judgment was death. He was stoned in front of all of Israel. That means women and children.

Heb_10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

DIED WITHOUT MERCY! You have received mercy, Bill. The calling of the church is not to execute vengeance upon "sinners". If you are in a worldly church that allows people to continue in their sins and call it the gospel, then you must heed Jesus' words and "come out of them", because that Church is a part of fallen, religious Babylon. Speak the truth in that church and Lord willing people will repent, otherwise dust off your feet and leave.

The law came through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ?

God has provided a death and that death was Christ for all men. And men must repent and experience the death of their old man in order to be born anew (of the Spirit).

I agree that God does not save men IN their sin but rather FROM their sin. His death and resurrection provides complete deliverance and He does not countenance a lifestyle of sin. God is not mocked, whatever we sow we shall reap. The Bible expects repentance before salvation. It does not teach that we are controlled by sin but that we yield to it. We cannot blameshift, accept Jesus and live in our sin thinking that we are SAFE. In all that, I agree with you.

But, let us not confuse things. You are talking about unbelievers and a particular sin (homosexuality). What kind of "BIG" stand are you talking about? When you say, "WE", I interpret that to mean the Church. What "BIG" stand is the Church suppose to make?

Rom_12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

I hope you are not talking about what it seems you are talking about. What happened to murderers, fornicators, adulterers and sabbath breakers in the OT? And why are we reaching back into the OT for a remedy to today's problems?

Try to look past their sin (as repugnant as it is) as Jesus did with the woman caught in adultery and see the person as someone that Christ died for and wants to save.

Mat_5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Luk_6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Pilgrim

2013/3/31 17:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy