SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A great book exposing cheap grace/hyper-grace by David Servant (read for free)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,
I am saved,I am being saved and I will be saved!
Even Paris Reidhead didnt attain this higher Christian level(altough I have reservations about ten shekels) until years after he came to Christ!
If you are a Prodigal dont come to this site!!unless you want to crawl through the doggy door!
Yours Staff

2013/3/24 20:03Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Brother,
Terminology is the beginning of structure in the Church and in the world.If anyone wants to confront sin or false teaching then let them use scripture like Paul used for the edification of the Church.The modern "western"church is exactly that,it is the "wild west"of Christianity and if it is that then hyper pentecostalism,blab n grab is the "OK Corral" I know that and I know God will have to intervene.Things have got crazy!God is a Just God but that Justice is tempered with amazing mercy and hard to fathom Grace,
Yours staff

2013/3/24 20:17Profile
a-servant

Re:

Always amazing to see when people respond to book recommendations without reading it. As if your opinion as a non-reader really would matter in regard to the content of the book. I would at least try to read the first chapter, to regain a minimum of credibility in this thread.

To argue that there are no false grace teachers today is like being afraid to open your eyes and face reality as it really is. Warnings are all over the Bible, you just don't want to hear them and think about how they relate to actual people you meet, or watch on religious TV channels. Don't close your eyes on reality, and insist it doesn't exist, both in scripture and in your daily life.

2 Timothy 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2013/3/24 21:39Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

"by joliboy11 on 2013/3/24 0:37:41

yes,
http://freechristianresource.weebly.com is a mini website I created...

I thought before that I am already "born again", "repented" and I am "preaching" it. It was the book I read that I realize my sinfulness and doing religion "to please men" then I've been really born again, it is really humiliating but the most wonderful experience I had.
There is also sincere but false repentance, that have only momentary effect/s.
The book brings you to reality that "no sinner will enter the kingdom of heaven". It will banish your false hopes and point you to embrace the Gospel of Jesus.

Thanks to David Servant."

What further evidence does one need? Here is a living testimony of how God used the message of this book to make joliboy11 realize that he was in error, and to bring him to true repentance. There is no better evidence than fruit! Good fruit!

I had never heard of it until you posted it, but THANKS! May God raise up more men of valor to write books like Paul's letter of I Corinthians that will bring people face to face with their lost (while religious) condition until they find true repentance:

2Co 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
2Co 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
2Co 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
2Co 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

2013/3/24 23:35Profile
staff

Re: To argue that there are no false grace teachers today is like being afraid to open your eyes an

Hi A-servant,
it is amazing to me that you respond to the thread without reading it!Not one person on the thread argued that their are no false teachers in fact the opposite(this is a red herring introduced when their is no biblical argument)
Every body knows the situation we are in,nobody is closing their eyes.I dont want to read the book but I am responding to the heading of the thread which is saying their is a term called "cheap grace" which is a makey uppey term and not from the bible,
Yours Staff

2013/3/26 17:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Staff--

"Cheap" grace is a descriptive term. I dont think anyone is saying that Paul, or any other biblical writer, used the term "cheap." I don't think the word is in the bible at all. However, the term "cheap" grace does a good job of describing something. So does "easy-believism" which is similarly not a term found in the Bible. But we know what it means.

Nor is "calvinism" or "arminianism" in the Bible. They are simply descriptive terms.

I think your indignation is misplaced.

2013/3/26 17:44Profile
staff

Re:

Hi TMK,
I know it is discriptive term but it describes unbiblical teaching that Grace can be cheap which is totally against scripture and against the great sacrifice of Jesus.We dont know what it really means.Grace is grace we are either in it or we are not.It can not be cheap.It is not a term like Calvanism or arminiansm.It certainly does not do a good Job in describing what is going on in fact the opposite it muddys the good name of "grace" a hard earned term.
It is a term that is used to forward an agenda that leads to a two tier church.The haves and the have nots.
The western church have many problems as we know and the only answer on this forum is to call them non Christian(Cheap grace)or to imply that they are on the road to losing it.
Come up with real answers to these problems,
Yours Staff

2013/3/26 18:51Profile
a-servant

Re:

Hey staff, sorry I didn't realize this was your thread or you started to claim it from the moment of entering it. Let me hint at the distinct possiblity that you overlooked the author's introduction to the book:

He says : "The primary difference is that the modern gospel portrays a grace that is foreign to Scripture, a grace that is actually a license to sin." and as a summery of that thought he also used a term that describes that reality. (it's an analogy that hints at devalution of something precious)

And you said, this term doesn't exist. Well, I could re-translate it for you and call it "lascivious grace". (it's an analogy that hints at lasciviousness presented as grace by re-defining it without renaming it). Does that exist? In scripture and/or popular culture?

How does the author proof the validity of his claim? What is God's answer? Did the apostles come to the same conclusion as the author regarding the true gospel? Or is it all based on blank theories and misunderstanding of analogies?

These are things we could discuss whenever you or someone else checks the authors claim based on the actual content he presents.

2013/3/27 8:10Profile

Re:

Brothers respectfully I ask. Are we addressing a bersg, a hetctical teaching about grace? Or is the greater danger over terminology?

Let me put it another way? Can one be a followser of Jesus Christ and still live in sin?

Bearmaster.

2013/3/27 8:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster....Let me put it another way? Can one be a follower of Jesus Christ and still live in sin?
Bearmaster.

Mr. Bear, could you please describe "live in sin" to Mr. Bill? We all sin, what is living in sin? is it someone that sins one time a day, or 100 times a day? Isn't sin, sin? or is there a point or number of sins we commit, before we are considered living in sin?
Thanks
Mr. Bill

2013/3/27 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy