SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let Us Be Cautious With Our Words

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
StevenL

Re:

Excellent Mark! You rarely hear that Scripture quoted when it's not being misused as you said. "Well we can't help anybody get the speck out of their eye since we have the planks in ours." He was talking to hypocrites. If the great majority of God's people are hypocrites and have PLANKS in their eyes, the few speck-in-the-eye people are in big trouble. :-)

2005/3/10 17:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Few observations.... First and foremost, we're all hypocrites. Not one of us can live up to our own high standards, or society's, or God's. Who of you have never exhibited some "road rage?" I have and I'm a Christian. Romans 3:23 says, "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Furthermore, before you judge someone else so harshly, look in the mirror, Luke 6:42 is instructive, "How can you say to your brother, Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye, when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.We should have pity on those who sin, not judgment. That's certainly counter to human nature, but it's a better way one that I often find difficult to follow.

2005/3/10 21:27Profile
StevenL

Re:

"First and foremost, we're all hypocrites"

If that's true, Mr. Bill, (it isn't), none of us will escape the damnation of Gehenna.

If we are hypocrites, then let's obey what He said, quit being hypocrites, (can we really do this?) and then see clearly to get specks out of eyes.

Jesus did NOT say...."none of you will ever be able to take a speck out of someone's eye because you all have unremoveable planks in your eyes."

:-)

2005/3/11 9:55Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

The Gospel - the bible - presents a progressive message. We have all sinned in our past, and we all continue in our battle, but...

[i]And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [/i]your[i] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: - Col. 1:19-20[/i]

Can I legitimately call myself a hypocrite? If I am actively sinning, maybe. "Road rage" is not something I have seen all Christians exhibit, and never was mandatory to get a license in the US, though some would say otherwise. I have to ask the same question that God did of Peter (tho his wasn't really a question) [i]"...What God hath cleansed, [/i]that[i] call not thou common."[/i]

Will you call his Church common?

Now, can I call myself perfect? Well, thats a whole other thread. :-)

2005/3/11 11:01Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Now, can I call myself perfect? Well, thats a whole other thread.

Yes! it is! and here is [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=4440&forum=36&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1]the thread [/url] you are talking about. :-P

2005/3/11 11:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
So many times I've heard this scripture misused and abused in order to either shut up or control and manipulate the watchmen of the church. These same scriptures are often misused as a means to judge or misjudge the heart of a watchmen or messenger. We have to honor the second half of these scriptures if we are going to use these scriptures at all...

Scripture plainly shows that the plank CAN be removed from your eye so you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers. And those operating at that level of Godly awareness or anointing should not be pressured, by the misuse of this scripture, to be subdued or kept quiet if they have something that the Lord wants us to see or hear.

Mark, dude... you are my new hero! Right on, bro.

My personal favorite manipulation line to get people to shut up is: Touch not the Lord's annointed!

If I had a dime for everytime I heard that when I was deceived by the WOF movement....

Krispy

2005/3/11 11:12

Re:

Here's something to contemplate while your raod ragin' down the highway...

If we all have planks in our eyes... then who were those people Jesus was referring to who had just specks in there eyes?

Also, perhaps there is not road rage, just people driving around with planks in there eyes... not able to see! (I saw a few like that today!)

Krispy

2005/3/11 11:19
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Let Us Be Cautious With Our Words

Quote:
And those operating at that level of Godly awareness or anointing should not be pressured, by the misuse of this scripture, to be subdued or kept quiet if they have something that the Lord wants us to see or hear.

What is awesome about a true watchman is they understand fully James admonition to be swift to hear, and sloooooow to speak. Maybe in this forum we would read it as swift to read, and slow to respond, reply or (send). The true watchman waits, knowing those living in rebellion to this word will soon expose themselves, for as Christ said “for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh or (writes).”

A watchman is in a constant state of examination, cleansing and renewal. A watchman hears ringing in his ear at all times “considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted, and fall.” The watchman speaks nearly reluctantly only after much wrestling in the Spirit in order to have the mind of Christ.

The watchman as it has been written is not able to be pressured or subdued by the itching ears of men. First, men who promote mostly a “sweet” Gospel , and secondly men who promote mostly a “rebuking” Gospel. The watchman will not play favorites and will speak to the very heart of both extremes.

As it pertains to Luke 6:42, the watchman understands the human eye is the organ which gives us the sense of sight, allowing us to learn more about the surrounding world than any of the other five senses. The watchman understands that just the optic nerve alone consists of about a million fibers and serves as a flexible cable that connects the eyeball to the brain. Also the watchman understands the retina makes up the innermost layer of the wall of the eyeball and is only as strong as a wet piece of tissue paper and contains about 120 million rods and about 6 million cones. And so the true watchman understands that it is NOT possible to just rebuke the mote and beam from the eye!

Finally, the watchman according to Luke is merciful, forgiving and giving. And so takes seriously the title of this thread “to be cautious with our words.” He knows that words are not just wind, but often snares.

What if all of us were to “sit on” our posts for awhile before hitting the send button?

Blessings,
tony

2005/3/11 12:29Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God says in Isa. 9:17 for everyone is a hypocrite and an evildoer.

2005/3/11 16:08Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

Quote:
God says in Isa. 9:17 for everyone is a hypocrite and an evildoer.

Unfortunately, I must say this is a great example of a verse taken totally out of context. Much like the psalm 51 arguement that we are born with sin... the words just [i]don't[/i] say that.

Isa 9:16 & 17 - [i] For the leaders of this people cause [/i]them[i] to err; and [/i]they that are[i] led of them [/i]are destroyed.[i] Therefore the Lord shall have noy joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one [/i]is[i] an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.[/i]

It is referring to established leaders, the statement was qualified. It has to be. Blanket prophecy includes [i]everyone[/i], and if this verse includes you, then it also included Jesus. I hate to say it, but I cannot believe that.

I wouldn't really look forward to God not having joy in my son.

2005/3/11 18:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy