SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Charisma House Announces 'Most Modern Version' of KJV

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
if the kjv was good enuf for the apostle paul then its good enuf for me!

My favorite comment of the day. lol.

2013/2/6 14:24Profile
a-servant

Re:

Hahaha, the story to that comment is a great study as well. What's behind it opens itself as yet another revelation.

Re: the word "easter" in the KJ, and the reason why it belongs there. Almost every Bible-versions site has it explained.

What you also really have to look at is what is in most of the 200 english bibles. Look under the hood, then your thinking in schemata has actual facts to stand on. It's not enough to have an opinion.

Besides all this, with even a little faith a child can understand that the one true God does not have many bibles.

Instead faith in the promise of preservation of His words (not the general meanings) is the only right thing to do - what we have instead is confused academia that insists on "there is no way we could possibly know for sure". Oh ye of little faith.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Thy WORD is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Where to start? Look at the basics of all, the text streams: Either the Majority Text or the Minority Text is the inerrant Word of God. Both cannot be, because they do not say the same thing.

2013/2/6 21:25Profile
proudpapa

Re:

a-servant wrote ///Where to start? Look at the basics of all, the text streams: Either the Majority Text or the Minority Text is the inerrant Word of God. Both cannot be, because they do not say the same thing.///

This is a good point that a-servant has brought up.

One thing we need to think about is where is our supernatural God in all of this ??

Is He bound to our naturalistic Realm ??

Think about how often God was disturbed with the children of Isreal or how often Jesus was disturbed with the disciples because their rational logic hindered their faith.

The arguments about which text is superior is based not on facts but on theories, they are opinions!

Those whom use modern versions of the Bible with the exception of the NKJV and maybe a couple others that are based on the majority or the TR have either ignorantly or knowingly succumbed to a view that the inspired Scripture's do not Exist,

I have probably close to, and maybe more than a hundred books on this subject, from all angles and perspectives.

Listen we have been duked.

Conservative christians speak bodly of and in defense of the inspiration of scriptures. One is considered a heratic if they do not.

They have come out with a ton of words to describe inspiration, they will say that they believe in the verbal,plenary,infallible,inerrant,unlimited inspiration of the scriptures.

This sounds good untill you ask them which scriptures are you referring to ??

They will bodly tell you well certainly no translation.

Then I ask what then??

They will reply inspiration only applies to the original greek and hebrew and a little Aramaic of course.

Then I ask out of all of the thousands of manuscripts which ones??

of which they will reply, Oh inspiration of the scriptures only applies to the original autographs.

Rather it be ignorantly or knowingly That is the belief that those whom use modern versions have succumbed to, That inspiration applies to a bunch of non excistant manuscripts.

A mocking statement which was followed up by an endorsment of the mocking statement read /// if the kjv was good enuf for the apostle paul then its good enuf for me//

Paul in Acts 17 was mocked and laughed out of Athens for preaching the resurrection, this made no since to the rational Athens mind, Yet Paul was the one who held the truth.

People have different preferences when it comes to bible translation but people are only Convicted to use one Bible, In which several of the Spirit filled Preachers presented on SI have a simaler conviction of that of my own on which English Bible is superior.

2013/2/6 23:56Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
A mocking statement which was followed up by an endorsment of the mocking statement read /// if the kjv was good enuf for the apostle paul then its good enuf for me//

proudpapa.

If you are speaking about my "endorsment", please note that my endorsement was for the COMMENT that Paul used the KJV. I thought that it was a funny comment to make, that is all. Although I am not a KJV onlyist, I prefer the KNJV.

I appologize if my comment was offensive. I try to find humor in these types of debates...

2013/2/7 0:31Profile
proudpapa

Does translation matter

psalms 91 from the Bible
//11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.//

psalms 91 from a corrupt translation

//11 He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:
12 and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.//

Do you notice any differences in the translations??

If so, is the difference significant or not??

2013/2/7 1:00Profile

Re: Does translation matter

Myy goodness. Tbe persecuted cry for the word of God in restricted nations and this thread is debating which translation is tbe most superior.

Only in America.

Brarmaster.

2013/2/7 6:13
proudpapa

Re:

Hi bearmaster

bearmaster wrote ///Myy goodness. Tbe persecuted cry for the word of God in restricted nations and this thread is debating which translation is tbe most superior.

Only in America.

Brarmaster.///

Lets not side step the issue, Bible translation is a very serious issue one that is greatly effecting America and effective witnessing and especially our ability to withstand attacks from the enemy.

So I ask again: Does translation matter

psalms 91 from the Bible
//11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.//

12 and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.//

If so, is the difference significant or not??

2013/2/7 10:34Profile

Re:

PP you evidently have read the history of tbe Anabaotist. What were they persecuted and martyred for. The Word of God and their testimony to that word. Nort a Bilbe translation As a matter of fact it was for translating the Bibke in tbe vernacular of the people many were put to death.

To own a copy of tbe Bibke in N. Korea is certain imprisonment and death. That with 3 gnerations of one's family. The rest of theworld cries for the word of God and this tthread as well as others are debating which is the one pure translation

Why can you KJV folks not allow for the liberty of others to use a translation that God leads them to use I have used the New American Standard and NIV and have been blessed by both.

But what is your agenda? What is ut about you KJV types that despise the rest of us who use a different translation? Why do you despise us? Instead of encouraging people to get onto the word you try to bind them to a particular translation. My questionis why?

Again my question to you who advocate the KJV. Are you more godly than the rest of us because your your translation is incorruptable? Are tbe rest of us going to bell because in your eyes we use a corruptabke translation?. Do I need the KJV Bible to get me into heaven? Will using the KJV make love God mire? Will using the KJV make me love my neighbor mote? Willl using the KHV bring me closer to Jesus?

Again you who advocate KJV only? What about Bible translations to other nations? Do you want the inhabitants of other nations to learn KJV English?

Those of you who sit on this nice American bubble debating your translations need a reality check of the world around you.

Bearmaster.

2013/2/7 11:27
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Does translation matter

Bear- I'm with you on this one.
_______
PP wrote:

psalms 91 from the Bible

If so, is the difference significant or not??"
--------------

Which "corrupt" translation? I did a quick check and the NIV and NLT include the 2nd phrase of v. 11, albeit worded a little differently.

But, in response to your questions:

yes- i noticed a difference.
No, the difference is not significant.

I kind of like the MSG paraphrase:

"He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling."

2013/2/7 11:29Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

sum1 was offended by my comment 'if the kjv was good enuf for the apostle paul then its good enuf for me'.

why r people so easily offended? if we are focussed on christ and not ourselves then i think there would be far less offense.

i did not intend 2 offend any1. i apologize if i did.

i actually find myself in agreement with bearmaster here. thats a scarey thought! he is right. millions around the world sacrifice much 4 one page of the bible, or can not get any of the bible, and we are so FAT and SPOILED that we have time to bicker over bible versions.

it is shameful.

2013/2/7 13:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy