SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Charisma House Announces 'Most Modern Version' of KJV

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

Hi ginnyrose

ginnyrose wrote ///Papa, you got to be kidding! You mean to tell me a JW told YOU to pray in Jesus' name????? WOW!///

Yes He did,
If I remember correctly the first time or close to the first time I tested it out,
Was when we had a dog that my dad accidently ran over with the dually tires of a one ton, boom truck.
The dog jumped up yellped ran just for a moment and hit the ground, blood was coming out of every opening of the dogs body, ears mouth, every opening.
It was more than clearly evident that the dog was grasping for its last breath, My parents and I where debating if we should shoot it, so as to relieve it of its misery.
We all stood their speechless looking at the dog on the ground as my dad was hesitant to shoot it, I prayed that God would heal the dog
(If I remember correct it was about the first time I prayed asking in Jesus name puting what the JW shortly before had taught me to a test.)
after a few minutes of standing their in silent prayer, the dog miraculously jumped up shook its self and was completly fine, after the amazment of what had happened, we found out that all 3 of us had been silently praying for the healing of the dog.

ginnyrose wrote ///The ones we have met would never have said that! Maybe this JW did know the LORD...and it is possible - David Bercot and his wife were JWs when they came to the LORD, continued therein until the Holy Spirit led them out of it...///

WoW ,I knew David bercot was an ex JW but I did not relieze that He was saved before he left.

2013/2/9 17:09Profile
proudpapa

Re: Heydave

Hi Heydave

One thing I do not want is to be labeled with Riplinger and Ruckman and the like, my response to a-servent is testomoney of that reality.

But because of interest of the issue I have a couple of her books as I buy every book that come my way on this issue regardless of the position.

Heydave, which books of Riplingers have you read ?

Heydave wrote/// Here's what Jacob Prach of moriel ministries says about her qualifications.....
Quote: "Gail Riplinger seems impressive. She has letters after her name - "B.A.", "M.A." and "M.F.A." from Cornell University and Harvard University. Very impressive. What she doesn't tell you is that her degrees are in "Home Economics"! Gail Riplinger has no relevant theological or language qualifications at all." End quote.///

You know from what I have read of her writings, I never was of the impression that she held a theological degree,

Does she say that she does?

because she certaintly does not imply that from the books of hers that I have,
Actually the fact is she admittes quite the opposite, So maybe you should question how qualified Jacob Prach is in making his assertion.

P.48-49 of hazardous material,
She claimes Her motive for researching these topics where because her daughter and fianc'e

//... enrolled in Christian colleges for the first time, I (riplinger speaking!) discovered first-hand exactly what concerned parents had been calling about. Both went to church based schools where the pastors and their churches were perfect(italicized). How much safer could it get? Suprisingly, my daughter brought home a textbook that falsely charged that the word "candle" in the KJB was incorrect because, according to the author, 'there were no candles in Bible times.' The Lexicon author who invented that lie is discussed in an upcoming chapter. I showed my daughter two standard secular encyclopedia which confirm the KJB reading....///

Heydave,
would you be of the impression after reading this actual testimoney (from her book) that riplinger is trying to give a false impression that her degree's pertain to degrees in theology or degree's pertaining to Greek and Hebrew??
When She already was a professor at a (as she admites) (secular) university and parent of a college student, and that was her (first), (first hand) experiece of what is being taught in conservative Christian colleges.

It would seem to me that through out her writings that she is more than clear that she is not a Degree'd scribe

So who is giving the mislead impression ?
Because if I had not read her writings and only had read what you posted that Jacob Prach wrote. (I would be of the false impression that she decietfully was trying to give the impression that she was a theologian whom was studied in greek and hebrew.)

Edit:PS. I think it would be wise for me to not get into defending ruckman,riplinger gipp and such. I find some of their material disturbing.
but I was bothered by the assertions of this artical that Heydave posted.

2013/2/9 15:53Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I could NOT believe that Gail Riplinger is being quoted as a an expert on this subject. This woman has caused more confusion and error with her book than most.

Here's what Jacob Prach of moriel ministries says about her qualifications.....
Quote: "Gail Riplinger seems impressive. She has letters after her name - "B.A.", "M.A." and "M.F.A." from Cornell University and Harvard University. Very impressive. What she doesn't tell you is that her degrees are in "Home Economics"! Gail Riplinger has no relevant theological or language qualifications at all." End quote.

Home economics - that's cooking!

And again: Quote:"If you are going to pontificate on Bible versions you should have been to seminary. At the very least you should have done basic studies in theology. You should have studied Hebrew and Greek, and completed some university-level studies in Textual Criticism. You should have a better than passing acquaintance with Biblical Archaeology – you should understand how we came to have the various manuscripts that we do today.

Gail Riplinger was interviewed by Wayne House, a conservative, evangelical Christian scholar. Wayne House reports that she "repeatedly mispronounced terms used by biblical scholars" (1) . After he had asked her four times, "She hesitatingly admitted that she could not read Greek". (2)

It is not a simple matter to reach an informed opinion regarding biblical texts and correct translations." End quote.

There is much, much more.

Check out the Moriel.org website for a detailed intelligent discussion on this and bible translations.

2013/2/9 12:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Off topic I know but this statement really impressed me:

Papa, you got to be kidding! You mean to tell me a JW told YOU to pray in Jesus' name????? WOW! The ones we have met would never have said that! Maybe this JW did know the LORD...and it is possible - David Bercot and his wife were JWs when they came to the LORD, continued therein until the Holy Spirit led them out of it...

2013/2/9 11:22Profile
a-servant

Re:

Hi, agreed. I now understand how she works. Her argument is that the modern scribes gradually change words over time. And these replacements then are compared with the terms used by authors of the New Age and the occult. Her thesis is basically that the prepartion of the "universal bible" is underway where all religions can find "their christ" in. And in that regard her research is pricelss, I haven't seen anything like it before. Here an example of two words I never liked, "godlike" and "imitator" - now I know why:

Imitation or New Creation?

Book Title: New Age Bible Versions
Author: G.A. Riplinger

Trying to be "like the most High" was Lucifer's downfall. God said, "I am God and there is none like me" (Isaiah 46:9). In spite of this, followers of Hinduism have a "devotion to acquiring Godlike qualities."(11) Gurus like Dr. Galyean, recipient of numerous federally funded grants, tell students "the whole purpose of human life is to reown the Godlikeness within us."

The author of A World Religion for the New Age observed that the occult theme wherein man "has potential to express many God-like qualities" is being "emphasized in Christianity" of late.(12) New versions have supported this and salute the substitution of a dashboard 'likeness'.

==============================
NIV, NASB, et al.
like newborn babes I Pet. 2:2
------------------------------------------------------
put on the new self Eph. 4:24
which in the
likeness of God has
been created in
righteousness and
holiness
KJV
as newborn babes I Pet. 2:2
------------------------------------------------------
put on the new Eph. 4:24
man which after
God is created in
righteousness
and true holiness

(The words "as" and "like" are not interchangeable. e.g., "As a surgeon, I believe you need an operation."

"John carves the turkey like a surgeon, maybe he could perform it and save us some money.")

Satan himself is "transformed into an angel of light." So God warns us to expect Satan's ministers to be imitators of "ministers of righteousness" (II Cor 11:15). Among them are the Buddhists who "set a high value on imitating the behavior of the highest" and mystics like the U.N.'s Dag Hammerskjold and Robert Muller who both read between the lines of Thomas a Kempis' The Imitation of Christ.(13) Luciferian David Spangler prefers 'Christians' who are an imitation rather than a new creation.

"[O]rthodox Christianity has a mystical side that to the best of its ability has taught the imitation of Christ." (14)

Imitation bibles produce imitation Christians. The dictionary destroys any notion that imitations are anything but an "artificial likeness."

NIV, NASB, et al.
Be imitators I Cor. 11:1
-----------------------------------------------------
Be imitators of God Eph.5:1
KJV
followers of me I Cor. 11:1
-----------------------------------------------------
followers of God Eph.5:1

2013/2/9 2:49Profile
proudpapa

Re: MrBillPro

Hi MrBillPro

MrBillPro wrote
///I have read scriptures before written in Readers Digest, on Twitter, Houston Chronicle, Popular Science, Southern Living, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, etc. and it all has ministered to me, I did not research what Bible version it came from.///

When I was young, I did not have a Bible, but started creating one in my head by listining to different people say the Bible says such and such.
Most of it actually was fairly accurate.

And than when I was about 10 I got a childs bible storys book from school during a Christmas book exchange, I devoured that Book

I read everything that I could find, I read alot of watchtower and Awake articales put out by the JW's
and actually invisioned becoming a JW going from house to house,preaching and prayed that if that where the right way, that God would open the doors to that direction, I also as a young boy read child stories and material by the christian science and Mary Baker Eddy. I also was facinated by Edgar Cayce This was my sources before about 14 years old

and in all of this confusion,

Much Truth was revealed to me and I believe God used the truth in much of this material and safe guarded me from much of the error,
but that does not mean that the material was safe.

One of the best truths that I learned when I was young was from a JW visiting the house was when he taught me to pray asking in Jesus name, had he not taught me that truth, I might be a JW today

2013/2/8 23:19Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I have read scriptures before written in Readers Digest, on Twitter, Houston Chronicle, Popular Science, Southern Living, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, etc. and it all has ministered to me, I did not research what Bible version it came from.

2013/2/8 22:51Profile
proudpapa

Re: bearmaster

HI bearmaster

bearmaster wrote
///PP then let us agree to respect one anotbers freedom of conscience. For sure this is what the Anabaptist believed in and died for. Even though I may not agree with your position you are a man of conviction. Sorely lacking in the kingdom.

My apologies for the heated language. Much blessing and peave be on you. I am standing down from this thread. Sure we will post on another thread where we will be in agreement

Bearmaster..///

Hey don't make me tear up.

no offence taken here.

We need to get a new anabaptist thread going soon,I have gathered some more books for reference

2013/2/8 21:29Profile
proudpapa

Re: a-servant

Hi a-servant

This thread testifies clearly of my position.

But I would encourage caution with Riplinger. Before posting anything she writes double check and find other sources to back up her statements or you might find yourself backed into a corner. unfortunately many of the more vocal KJV advocates have done more to hurt the position than help.

2013/2/8 21:19Profile

Re:

PP then let us agree to respect one anotbers freedom of conscience. For sure this is what the Anabaptist believed in and died for. Even though I may not agree with your position you are a man of conviction. Sorely lacking in the kingdom.

My apologies for the heated language. Much blessing and peave be on you. I am standing down from this thread. Sure we will post on another thread where we will be in agreement

Bearmaster..

2013/2/8 21:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy