SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : MUST HEAR!!! Jonathan Cahn – Presidential Prayer Breakfast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Well, servant, I did not do my 'homework'. After receiving an email from Strom and seeing your letter I did bing it: "did Jonathan Cahn speak at presidential prayer breakfast" and saw nothing in 4 pages that indicated he did not. Actually, I do not know where to go look for the info you and Strom are referring to. So, please do not be too hard on us.

I do know that Mother Teresa did speak at a presidential prayer breakfast many years ago with Bill Clinton in attendance and she spoke forcibly out against abortion and received a standing ovation from many except the pres, his wife and and some others. OR, are people going to tell this was not true either? SIGH.

In any case what Mother Teresa said was good and what Cahn said was good also.

Who can be trusted?

2013/1/31 11:23Profile
jimur

Re:

I enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to come to SI and read many of the posts made here. I must admit though, recently each time upon leaving the site, I experience a sense of puzzlement, often disappointment and troubling uneasiness. Perhaps it's my own lack of understanding much of what I read here. I do not think it has to do with personal attitude on my part. I spend time in prayer concerning this. Within this thread there are a number of statements which produce this now typical state within me.

I find it perplexing most every major announcement of the Presidential Prayer Breakfast I have read, made prior to the event, contained several bits of information in agreement. Namely, the time frame, the location, mention of guest speakers, singers, and specified the keynote speaker Jonathan Cahn. Now I'm reading statements which seem to allude to an idea of non validity of this video. It would seem both preposterous and absurd to make such claims based on so many previous announcements. Was the president there? I don't know, but to quote a recent controversial statement "What difference does it make?" Will he hear it or even be made aware? Who knows, it doesn't in any way refute the speech having taken place. Nor does it refute truth presented from the Word of God.

In defense of Mr. Cahn, while I am not intimately knowledgeable of his teachings or belief system, I have yet to hear him in any way attempt to represent himself as a prophet. In his book The Harbinger he discusses only events of the past to some detail and with accuracy. Not once does he claim a future event will take place. His statements in this speech followed suite. Hardly the definition of prophet. Surely those here claiming to have such a gift as prophecy will agree. I would go so far as to challenge anyone to quote a specific statement he made in this speech and provide proof it was incorrect or not accurate. Perhaps that would help me to understand what at first thought, seems a personal attack.

2013/1/31 12:32Profile

Re:

Yes, these are all good words and reminders to test the spirits to SEE if this is from God. Amen. Thank you all. May the Lord bring us into all truth.

I sent this out to many saints because I do not have all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Yes, the Holy Spirit is my teacher, but He does not give me all the gifts and I have a measure of His Spirit. So, I need the gifts in the rest of the body and to learn what others our discerning in these matters which concern Christ and HIS Bride. I am learning, but I want to come to "the knowledge of the truth." Also, I am the least of the saints, but I am promised that I can know Him and indeed have fellowship with the Father and with His Son. So, I too was encouraged by Cahn's words regardless of his affiliations with other groups that are on the watch lists for false teachings and doctrines.

My heart is for revival in my own spirit and home, community, state, country and unto the uttermost parts of the world, that the name of the Lord and the gospel by the power of His Spirit would be proclaimed. Yes, my citizenship is in heaven and I am a pilgrim and should walk blamelessly before God and man, but I love my enemies and those who speak evil of me and the Christ who lives in me. My struggle is not with those who persecute the church, but with the principalities and wickedness in high places. May the Lamb who was slain receive the reward of His suffering!

"Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice."

"Test all things; hold fast that which is good."

These are some more beautiful words from the Apostle:

"I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit, that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises, whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen."

Praise for the LORD’S Mercies.

A Psalm of David. Psalm 103:

1Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name.

2Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits;

3Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases;

4Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;

5Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

6The LORD performs righteous deeds And judgments for all who are oppressed.

7He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the sons of Israel.

8The LORD is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.

9He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever.

10He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.

12As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

13Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.

14For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust.

15As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.

16When the wind has passed over it, it is no more, And its place acknowledges it no longer.

17But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children,

18To those who keep His covenant And remember His precepts to do them.

19The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.

20Bless the LORD, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word!

21Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, You who serve Him, doing His will.

22Bless the LORD, all you works of His, In all places of His dominion; Bless the LORD, O my soul!

-Kenneth Martin

2013/1/31 13:14
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Jimur, people have used the word "stirring" to describe Jonathan Cahn's speech. Certainly he said a lot of good things. But to repeat what I said earlier, I came away from reading his book The Harbinger with quite a sense of uneasiness about it all. So my guard was up as I watched the video of his speech at that (so-called) President's Inauguration Prayer Breakfast. But I kept it to myself at the time.

Now I hear that this breakfast was not what its presenters led us to believe. Yet they even used the presidential seal on their podium (edit correction: the seal was not on the podium but was used in the opening frame of the video). As a result, many watched it (as I did) hoping to get a glimpse of the president seated at one of the tables, and wondering why we never saw him (or anyone of high rank, actually).

It seems deceitful to me to present something as being what it is not.

In the same way (though, as you said, Cahn doesn't lay claim to being a prophet) he used the genre of a prophet to present his interpretation of prophesy in his book The Harbinger. It was entirely fictitious (this mysterious prophet in his book), yet I wonder how many reading it might have actually fallen for Cahn's gimmick, thinking, wow, that's really something that this man had all these encounters with this mystic prophet who continually appeared to him out of nowhere revealing the messages of these strange seals.

In my opinion the book is not the inspiration of the Holy Spirit... though I grant it is certainly popular.

I don't like criticizing people, and I am not writing off Jonathan Cahn. But at the moment my guard is up. And I'll continue to be careful. Which we all definitely need to be these days. I will continue to do what Scripture advises me to do. "Despise not prophesyings," says Paul (1 Thes. 5.20). But then he continues: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." So I don't despise prophesyings, or the interpretations of prophesy. But I have a responsibility to prove them, to try them, and hold fast only what is good.

Allan

2013/1/31 13:20Profile

Re:

I did some googling. We need to clarify between the Presidential Prayer Breakfast and the National Prayer Breakfast. The event we are familiar with and the President normally attends is tbe National Prayer Breakfast. This event is scheduled for 02/07/13. The President or the Vice-President normally speak at this event. Then a guest speaker who is not announced until the morning of that event is announced. So tight now we do not known who the speaker will be for tbe 2013 National Prayer Breakfast. My guess is it will not be Jonathan Cahn.

I admit I was misled. As has been stated Jonathan Cahn probably spoke at an evangelical political right wing caucus type of breakfast. But this was not the National Prayer Breakfast.

This has been misleading. But the brother's message should be avaluated in light of the Spirit and taken to heart. However as I indicated in a previous post it may already be too late for America. Whether Jonathan Cahn is a prophet or not I do not know. But America or should I say the American church has failed to listen to tbe likes of David Wilkerson, A. W. Tozer, Art Katz, Leonard Ravenhill, Denny Kennistton, etc. Why should they listen to Jonathan Cahn. The American Church would prefer the likes of Joel Olsteen over any real prephetic voice to the church.

Call me pessimistic or perhaps realistic. We will not see revival. The only hope is for the remnant to hear tbe cry of the Lamb who says come out her my people. Come out of Babylon. For Babylon church in America is going to be judged.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

PS
My info on tbe National Prayer Breakfast came from Wickpedia. Others may want to verify my post. I could be mistaken on some things. So I will stand corrected on any inaccuracies.

2013/1/31 13:48
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Yes that is the confusion the:

"The Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast" is simply an event that prays for the president and he does not attend nor do many politicians.

the:

"The National Prayer Breakfast is a yearly event held in Washington, D.C." is usually attended by the president and many in government positions.

Eric Metaxas spoke at last years prayer breakfast with Obama present: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jotOExbddI4

2013/1/31 14:56Profile

Re: MUST HEAR!!! Jonathan Cahn – Presidential Prayer Breakfast

The breakfast was held in the Marriott Harman Park Hotel, Washington DC. The podium clearly shows that. The presidential seal which appears before the recorded event is an editorial addition. It is unlawful to use the presidential seal for purposes other than officially sanctioned government events where the president himself or the vice president is the principle attendant or where the president or vice president is the principle represented party. To use the seal other than, especially by non elected persons, is equal to impersonation and is a federal criminal offence.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/713

The particular seal used in this video presentation is the (General 1945) Presidential or Vice Presidential Seal.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.blogginginamerica.com/images/the-presidential-seal11.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.blogginginamerica.com/presidential-and-vice-presidential-candidate-trivia-questions/&h=600&w=600&sz=77&tbnid=KnbKvt9QJHMa6M:&tbnh=93&tbnw=93&zoom=1&usg=__MkH5XujRxnvX2jE4dzYXqc9CVfU=&docid=9pvdFug3EsrQcM&sa=X&ei=ZL4KUdnLDKy20QWtkIGQDw&ved=0CFQQ9QEwBw&dur=20290

This Seal as with all seals of government represents art work created by public employees during the course of their duties and so is legally public domain property. As said however, to use the seal with the intention of misrepresentation is a federal offence (US Federal law under 18 USC 713).

The really important observation however has to do with the opening words, as well as visually attendant intentional directives (VAID) which are used to accompany the opening address. In this instance brother Jonathan directs with his true right hand to his true left, right and centre as he speaks from script the following words.

“Members of the Presidential Inaugural Breakfast Committee and members of Congress who have been here; Senators, Representatives, Ambassadors and Delegates from other nations who are here, Ministers of God and people and friends and media.....”

All of the physiognomic and auditory queues are purposeful.

My hope is that it will be covered by the Lord, from a public display, it is the Lord’ Name which is being used here. I have tried to share in most of my posts a reality of the times we live in and the rising incidence of occult methodologies being used by those who take the name of Christ in order to facilitate outcomes. The most blatant example of this is the NAR and the Texas debacle, but it is visible as an inclination attendant to WOF and Kingdom Now theologies in every town and city across the USA and the UK. It amounts to a rise of sorcerers and occultists practising a mind of determination to control the very elements for the purpose of establishing the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. There is nothing new in all of this, it has existed and is clearly visible in historical records and the scriptures from the beginning. The profoundly singular distinction is simply the day we live in.

Finally, I have avoided the use of the word intentional and chosen to use the word purposeful to differentiate between what an individual may do and what in the end will prove to be the mind of Satan. Jonathan uses gestures which in one instance indicate to his true left a group of people who were sitting on his true left. All other gestures are made with the emphatic “far off” leading. Similarly Jonathan’ words have an inevitable implication “in the room” and are qualified by “who are here”. Clearly as I said in my other post in this thread, there were none of the government “there” apart from a few members of the Grand Old Party of course. The predominant attendance was no doubt “Ministers of God and people and friends”. Y’all have a blessed day now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkiItD7X7g0&feature=youtu.be

2013/1/31 15:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy