SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gun control debate and what may lay ahead?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Re:

So i feel like i needed to come back and say some things. First i posted this thread because honestly i was more surprised at the idea that the president was considering using an executive order and bypassing congress. i was thinking if the president does this with this issue what other issues might this be done with and where might that lead in relation to religious freedoms in this country. perhaps there was some fear in my thinking as well, i have been feeling some dread about where this might all lead but am encouraged by the reminders to stay close to the Lord Jesus. i did ask for everyone's thoughts but in doing so i was naive in not realizing what a hot topic this would be for some in the forum so for stirring anything up with my thread i am very sorry. i posted looking for assurance that everything is going to be fine but i know the truth is unless this country turns from its sin and repents things will not be fine so i will keep praying. praying for our leaders, praying for the lost, and praying for each of us to find strength in Him no matter what happens at the end of the day.

rdg

2013/1/10 18:46Profile

Re:

Heydave said:

"I'll leave it there because we seem poles apart in how we see things. I'm a stranger and pilgrim on this earth. God's rule on earth is not yet. It comes later!"

God bless you brother, may that pilgrim mindset be established more and more in all true saints. There is a present kingdom that all true believers are a part of and it does not defend itself with arms (or predator drones) nor does it have a red, white, and blue flag flying over it.

In Christ,

Jim

2013/1/10 20:23
proudpapa

Re: unjust sterotyping

HezWelling wrote ///UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

why would anyone, with any wisdom, CHOOSE, to even INTRODUCE, "the civil war", "slavery" and "seccesion" into this thread?...is beyond me.

what are you thinking? dont you realize this PLAYS RIGHT INTO THE HANDS of anti-2nd Amendment types?!

they think anybody that owns a weapon is a race hating cracker fascist anyway....and you just FEED that notion by such ill advised rhetoric, unbelievable///

SkepticGuy wote ///speculative at best! have u been learning history at the feet of HK Edgerton or 'sons of confederate vets'? this is the type of lies that are pushed by the modern kkk and neo-nazi groups like storm-front. the civil war had everything to do w/ slavery. have u never heard of the 'border-wars' and the fights over 'free-state' and 'slave-state' that existed 20 yrs b4 the war? have u never heard of john brown? hariette tubman? maybe fredrick douglas? lincoln made it absolutely about slavery in 1863 w/ the signing of the amancipation proclamation, but it had everything to do w/ slavery b4 that.

i can not believe sum1 would come to a website like sermonindex and propogate these revisionist history lies used by hate groups like the kkk and storm-front. its almost as if u pasted word for word from those groups. shameful.

yes the war was about states rights, but the right the states were concerned with was SALVERY. there would not have ever been a war if there had not been slavery.///

Wow you guys say these things because I do not believe that the Civil War was a Just War. and that I believe things would have worked out for the better for everyone had the Union simply allowed the South to succeed.

2013/1/11 1:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"person that would not take out insurance on his home"

We do buy insurance but I cringe every time we have to pay it. :-/ Got a huge bill right now on top of property taxes. Seems like the only thing we accomplish is paying taxes and insurance...

Actually, we have used so little insurance in our married life that I do consider it a waste of resources.

My opinion...

2013/1/11 11:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: For Mary Jane

For Mary Jane and other females,

I know that all this talk of impeding gloom concerning our country's future is really unsettling to us because we cannot do a thing to fix it: for moms this is hard because we are called upon to fix everything!

Jesus expects us to occupy until he comes. This means to live and work, do the essential things to keep life rolling along. As moms this means we make a home where our families can come and feel secure, a place of peace and refuge from all the nastiness that is out there. If you are an orderly person, your house is well swept, clean, beds made, dishes washed, laundry done and put away. So what does one do with the rest of your time? May I suggest you check out Proverbs 31, study it and ask the LORD if there is anything you can do to brighten your home, your community using the talents God gave you - doing all this without shorting your family.

What I do to occupy is sew. I love to sew. My sewing room looks like a factory to an uninformed person. This is a gift the LORD gave me - to sew. At one point - just before Regina died - I had lost interest in sewing, it was almost total. After she died, I took it upon myself to sew for her daughter. This resurrected my interest and it mushroomed from there. Today I wish my days were 36 hours long and would not have to sleep - such a drag on my desire to sew some more. I have accumulated lots of remnant pieces of fabrics and have sewn for little girls including my granddaughters plus other projects. Sometimes I weary of one project so I will lay it aside and do something else until my enthusiasm returns - and it always does. My goals are to finish a project sometime, no time limits. Relaxing this way.

Mary Jane, when one does this all this talk about national security comes across like a bunch of naughty boys that love to fight that need some woodshed therapy!

So, I would encourage you to get busy with something that really absorbs your mind, creativity (this comes for God, you know). Life will become interesting and very enjoyable.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2013/1/11 11:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
ginnyrose...So, I would encourage you to get busy with something that really absorbs your mind, creativity (this comes for God, you know). Life will become interesting and very enjoyable.

God bless.

ginnyrose

That's good advise for anyone. :)
Thanks!

2013/1/11 11:36Profile

beloved sister RDG

and to all the saints, Ginny, Blaine Bear, ProudPapa, Mr Bill, Hey Dave, etc...

Dear Sis Rainy Day,
i wrote a whole long post to you, last night, commending you for hitting the nail on the head, with a wonderful annointing, you wrote:

Quote:
i posted looking for assurance that everything is going to be fine but i know the truth is unless this country turns from its sin and repents things will not be fine so i will keep praying. praying for our leaders, praying for the lost, and praying for each of us to find strength in Him no matter what happens at the end of the day.

you're so right, our ONLY hope is to continue to get closer to Jesus, and thru Him, get closer to each other.....everything else is rather drab and futile.

that's a VERY Good Word you gave.

i'm sorry if i grieved anybody, Mr Bill, knowing the capabilities of babylon, thats why i was counseling we all go radio silent. Papa, i didnt mean to STIFLE what you wanted to say.....may i share a short testimony with ya'll?

i was in Korea, in the late 70's, i MIGHT have told you all this, so if i'm just repeating myself...attribute it to early alzheimers....i was a young 19 year naval intel analyst and korean linquist. President Carter had said he was going to withdraw all US combat forces from the peninsula.

that was a bad move, the north koreans immediately started to prep for all out invasion, and at that point, they had a really good chance of success.....our military was in bad shape, this was just a few years after Vietnam.

i determined, that where we were stationed, would probably be subjected to a para drop by elite nk forces, and i got to thinking, there were about 8 of us young linquists out of a detachment of 90, and i was the de facto leader...so i thought, what do i do, should an attack come?...

the only thing i determined we could was to grab transport, and weapons, and bug out for the post of Pusan in the south.....surrender wasnt an option, we were intelligence, and if they didnt kill us outright....the nk's dont like taking prisoners, they would certainly torture us pretty good. we werent trained infantry, so holding out was foolish. heading south was the only option, in the event of what was to come.

i went to see my commander, just to ask him a few questions. leadership really liked me a lot, not only was i just 19, running my own one man intel shop, but i'm easy to get along with, and loyal. i asked him, sir, in light of the situation, do we have a dedicated weapons locker?...m-16's? sidearms? ammo?......he smiled, "no".....'do we have an organic motor pool?"...organic meaning, are these OUR vehicles?....he said "no"......then he said...."dont worry".

well, thats when i started to worry. i KNEW what we would be facing.....elite, communist combat paratroops, and our chances were slim, but....hear me now, all i wanted...was a fighting chance to get my guys OUT.

just give me a fighting chance....i didnt know Jesus, but i knew Yahweh....i always have loved God, i think thats why He showed mercy enough on me to reveal His Son to me and in me...which is rare among the tribe of my flesh.....just give a fighting chance, coz i knew God would see me....us, my guys through.

Now, this NEVER happened because through ALL our efforts, all the various agencies, we gave the President the EVIDENCE he needed to correct a bad policy decision, so the north never invaded...Praise God.....but that episode DID have an impact on me..

the genius behind the framers on the 2nd Amendment is "what if"?

and in conclusion, just consider this..isnt it ODD, that the loudest voices on a gun ban...their reasoning, is "we have to make the children safe"....yet, these very same voices are THE loudest on a woman's "right to choose"....said "choice" being the terrible sin of abortion......doesnt that strike anyone as slightly OFF kilter, and hypocritical?

but again, RDG is right...gotta get closer to Jesus, amen.

2013/1/11 12:09
MaryJane

To Neil and Ginnyrose

Ginny rose thank you so much for the great advice keeping busy is what I have been seeking to do. I had some really wonderful interesting time with the LORD on Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. All I can say was that I finally let go of some things and instead of falling to my doom, HE lifted me up and carried me until the morning light!! HE is faithful and I need to keep my eyes on HIM!!
Neil you wrote:and in conclusion, just consider this..isnt it ODD, that the loudest voices on a gun ban...their reasoning, is "we have to make the children safe"....yet, these very same voices are THE loudest on a woman's "right to choose"....said "choice" being the terrible sin of abortion......doesnt that strike anyone as slightly OFF kilter, and hypocritical?

Neil its almost as if you read my mind. Living here in CT. this tragedy is being used to push agendas big time and yet these same lost and deceived politicians that call for gun ban to "protect" the children are the very ones who keep promoting and ensure the killing of hundreds of thousands of unborn children every day...this is truly mans wisdom and honestly it is frightening to see!
Thank you both for sharing. Ginny rose you really hit the heart of it as a mom the caring for and desire for the family is always in the back on my mind in these things but I realize I am just not capable of doing it all I have to relinquish and let go...HE is there and HIS arms are surly big enough and capable to deal with everything!! Thank you so much for the things you have shared with us

God Bless
mj

2013/1/11 13:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Mother Ginny

Yes, Neil, I understand your love for Israel. I may not be a Jew like you, but we love Israel, too. We also believe God has his eye on her and that He will show Himself mighty to her for all the world to see. Neil, I am not the only Gentile Believer who believes thus, there are many like us.

I have relatives whose churches take the stand [officially] that the church has displaced Israel in end-time prophecy. However, as events are unfolding, even some of them are questioning their position on this issue!

The future of Israel is precarious, at best. We expect to see warfare before long. Will there be guns used? Likely. Nuclear weapons? Likely. But we do not know all about it; just have strong hunches - but know God is in control and I for one want to stay out of their way.

It does no use to wring our hands in dread. If something bad happens to us, God will not be taken by surprise, remember that. He will give us whatever we need to remain faithful - we may get uncomfortable, even suffer, but his sustaining power over our souls and spirit will be there, just like it is now. God will not abandon his people.

God bless and may you continue to abide in His love, mercy and grace.

ginnyrose

2013/1/11 22:45Profile
proudpapa

the second admendment gone right

the second admendment gone right.

There is an interesting thing that happened a few years ago close to where I Lived.

A woman almost a hundred years old was at her home alone when she heard someone breaking in thru a window, She screamed as loud as she could for her husband to get the gun and get in here fast, The intruder immediately left. What is funny is that the woman not only did not have a gun but her husband had been dead for 20 years.

Unfortunately stories like this one never make it past the local news.

2013/1/12 14:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy