SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Good Encouraging Quotes from Muhammad & Joseph Smith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Good Encouraging Quotes from Muhammad & Joseph Smith

Since we're extolling and promoting the "good quotes" of people with anti-Christ doctrine, I though we could meditate on some of the wonderful words of encouragement from Muhammad and Joseph Smith. They also believed in Jesus. Maybe you'll be challenged by their words. Who knows? People might even be saved in their system of belief!

Sayings of Muhammad:

1. “O mankind! WeÖ..made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other).” (The Qur’an 49:13)

2. “He who sleeps on a full stomach whilst his neighbour goes hungry is not one of us.” (Prophet Muhammad)

3. “If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time till it is easy to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you, if ye only knew.” (The Qur’an 2:280)

4. “A believer wants for his brother what he wants for himself.” (Prophet Muhammad)

5. “Live in this world as if you were going to live forever; prepare for the next world as if you were going to die tomorrow.” (Prophet Muhammad)

6. “All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black, nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.” (The last Sermon of Prophet Muhammad)

7. “He (Allah) has set up the balance (of justice), in order that ye may not transgress (due) balance. So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance.” (The Qur’an 55: 7-9)

8. “Pay Zakat out of your property, for truly it is a purifier which purifies you, and be kind to your relatives, and acknowledge the rights of the poor, neighbors and beggars.” (Prophet Muhammad)

9. “The best of you is he (or she) who is of most benefit to others.” (Prophet Muhammad)

10. “The world is beautiful and verdant, and verily God, be He exalted, has made you His stewards in it, and He sees how you acquit yourselves.” (Prophet

----------------------------------------------------------

Sayings of Joseph Smith:

1. A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race.

2. We may come to Jesus and ask Him; He will know all about it; if He comes to a little child, he will adapt himself to the language and capacity of a little child.

3. What is the damnation of hell? To go with that society who have not obeyed His commands.

4. “Whatever God requires is right, no matter what it is, although we may not see the reason there of until all of the events transpire.”

5. “When God commands, do it! ”

6. “If men do not comprehend the character of God, they do not comprehend themselves..."

In all seriousness, how is this any different from the Mother Theresa thread. The doctrine that Mother Theresa BELIEVED AND PROMOTED is just as damning as the ones promoted by these two guys. Why would anyone see it any different?

And Greg, if you think it's ok to glean from Mother Theresa can you also glean from these guys? Do you believe people can be saved in these false systems and stay in them like you believe people can be saved in the false Catholic system and stay in it? Which ultimately begs the question, When God saves someone does he actually teach them the truth, or does He leave them in idolatry?

I'm sure this thread will be lock, but hopefully someone will see the light.

2012/12/6 23:36

Re: Good Encouraging Quotes from Muhammad & Joseph Smith

To those on the "Catholic Defense" team, this makes about as much sense as defending Mr Theresa and posting her quotes and esteeming her as an example. All craziness. Judgement will begin in the house of God. He will not allow His name message, His Gospel, His truth, His Body, & His Spirit to be blasphemed. Lack of discernment stems from some self-inflicted form of accepting deception - always. Return to the Lord & the purity of His Word in Spirit and in truth. I believe the people on this site are being brought to a fork in the road. This is serious business. The Gospel is at stake & so are souls of the undiscerning

2012/12/6 23:57
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Good Encouraging Quotes from Muhammad & Joseph Smith

Brother,

I believe what brother Steve shared is suitable to share towards giving you an answer:

To me: Jesus is my God.
Jesue is my spouse.
Jesus is my life.
Jesus is my only love.
Jesus is my all in all.
Jesus is my everything.

These words were written by Mother Teresa. These words and the life she lived doesn't come across as someone who is deceived. Maybe on that great day we will all see Mother Teresa called forth and we will hear the King say "Come you blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the World. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothing and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."
For the King will say " I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these, you did for me."
Then we will look to a great multitude on His left and we will hear them say." I know all the doctrines of the Bible, I never left my particular denomination for as you know Lord it is the one true denomination, and in my spare time as I had much I got on the internet and told everyone who was an apostate and who wasn't." And we will hear that great voice say," Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire pepared for the Devil and his angels."

--

I believe there is a great difference between a Mother Theresa and a mohummand or joseph smith. For Church history did not start in 1500 but after the death of our precious Lord and there was a Church existing for the first 1500 years before the reformation happened. The church was in many ways unified before 300 AD and after it there were divisions but many true brethren in the larger accepted church. Of course as time progressed these numbers became less and the system that we call the Catholic church developed. But during this time there were true believers in the larger church which was not always as what we see the Catholic church today.

So we can learn from some in the Catholic church over the ages, perhaps the more modern catholic church there is greatly less to learn from and it has turned into a system that is very much against anything that is truly of the Lord, just like the phariseee's were against Christ in his day. But the pharisees started off as a group that was bible believing and desiring godly reform in judiasm. And there were those who were genuine believers all the way even until Christ came to them in the flesh. Though there were the "few" they still were there.

I am not advocating the Catholic system or to esteem or learn from its bishops or pope but I am saying that there have been those in the system especially more early on that were true believers.

Obviously mormonism and islam are false systems that are not based off the scriptures at all and the scriptures they believe are twisted 100% in their emphasis. That makes a large difference between catholic belief where there are some that can hear the gospel preached and read in their churches.

I have personally evangelized, given to the poor and follow the Lord as I am led. But I do feel that to judge everyone in neat boxes of going to hell and heaven and then personally not being concerned is something that does not sit well with me. I am personally grieved by the lack of concern overall in North American Christianity to live and also preach the Gospel in this generation. Most people are more excited to watch TV, Sports, work hard to spend it on pleasures and other activities that do not share much of the burden that God has for lost billions going to hell.

Is see in Mother Theresa a sacrifice in the Name of Jesus that provokes. And if it was a false Jesus she was putting her hope in that the judgement day will reveal that.

2012/12/6 23:57Profile

Re:

Wow, that's absolutely insane Greg. So in your eyes, according to your made up scenario of Matt 25, someone can, as Mother Theresa did, believe that there are many ways to God, believe that Jesus alone does not save (mary is the co-redeemer), try to help people of other faiths be better at their own faith etc...but as long as they say the love Jesus and help the poor, they will hear the Father say "Come you blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the World."

Where do you find that in scripture Greg, because that is what you are saying.

You said:

"Obviously mormonism and islam are false systems that are not based off the scriptures at all and the scriptures they believe are twisted 100% in their emphasis. That makes a large difference between catholic belief where there are some that can hear the gospel preached and read in their churches."

Actually Mormons read from the scriptures, just like the Catholics. Just call them, they'll send you a copy of the KJV Bible.

You said:

"But I do feel that to judge everyone in neat boxes of going to hell and heaven and then personally not being concerned is something that does not sit well with me."

How about you just take Mother Theresa at her word. Not just the "good quotes" but the anti-Christ quotes as well. Do you believe a person can be saved who believes Christ alone does not save and who believes there are many ways to God? What say you Greg?

2012/12/7 0:12
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

When I think of the forums on SI anymore I think of a sermon Carter Conlon preached called "Beware of the Angry Watchmen"

It's a good sermon; worth a listen:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16014&commentView=itemComments

2012/12/7 0:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Wow, that's absolutely insane Greg. So in your eyes, according to your made up scenario of Matt 25, someone can, as Mother Theresa did, believe that there are many ways to God, believe that Jesus alone does not save (mary is the co-redeemer), try to help people of other faiths be better at their own faith etc...but as long as they say the love Jesus and help the poor, they will hear the Father say "Come you blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the World."

Where do you find that in scripture Greg, because that is what you are saying.

Brother,

Firstly, I did not say this, I was quoting what brother steven shared. Secondly, from her writings she puts her trust chiefly in Christ and His atonement, I am not the judge to say that she did not FULLY do this, it seems she is much more evangelical than other catholics and that gives me hope that she possibly could have been saved. As a whole the majority of the Catholic system are not saved, but I do have hope and prayers that God has a remnant of those he is leading to trust FULLY in Christ's blood for their salvation. I have heard of some stories of friends that talked with priests who they considered lost but after talking with them they realized they were in many ways more evangelical then them. This is rare but it happened from a testimony from a friend.

So I am simply saying yes there is a remnant and perhaps its small but its there in the church and we can can learn from some of these ESPECIALLY earlier in the catholic church there were more shining examples of believers for it was the one church for a large part of church history and arguably it did not exist in its current form till AD 500 or later.

Quote:
How about you just take Mother Theresa at her word. Not just the "good quotes" but the anti-Christ quotes as well. Do you believe a person can be saved who believes Christ alone does not save and who believes there are many ways to God? What say you Greg?

Personally I felt like not responding to your question for it is stated in such a accusatory fashion. But I will try my best to serve you and share my belief with you. Yes I believe that someone is saved by the "Finished Work of Christ" though that exact phrase does not appear in Scripture. It is clear in Scripture that we can only be saved through Christ and there is no other way to heaven he is the "door".

I do have hope that God is leading many who do not have a bible or have not been properly exposed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ that He sovereignly somehow is by the Spirit of God revealing Christ to men for many of us are not living up to the responsibility to share the Gospel with all the lost of this generation.

Salvation is not being right in every word or belief we have but it is in trusting in the death and resurrection of Christ as our atonement before God where we have peace with God. This will evidence in a life that follows Christ and becomes like Him.

There has been a resurgence of belief in fundamentalism in Christianity without the holiness and Christ-likeness of Christ. Such a thing saddens me and such as mother theresa and others should shame us on the lack of godliness in our lives.

There are some who are making lists of those who side with the Catholic church who are evangelicals that signed a document of agreement in some areas.

There are others who 100% are against anything Catholic and call it all anti-christ since 100 AD.

I personally do not want to be in either camp. I do not agree with the current Catholic system, I do believe there is a small remnant that was larger hundreds of years ago especially before the reformation.

2012/12/7 0:31Profile

Re:

"When I think of the forums on SI anymore I think of a sermon Carter Conlon preached called "Beware of the Angry Watchmen"

Yes, God forbid that someone should speak about a faith that teaches Christ is not the only way to God, and that Christ and Mary accomplished salvation. People must be angry to point that out.

Here's what Paul said to the Galatians:

which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
(Gal 1:7-10)

I wonder if he knew that he was an angry watchman. It's a good thing he didn't post on sermon index. He would have been accused of putting the whole Galatian church in a box of believing "another Jesus". His thread/letter would have been locked quick for being so judgmental!

2012/12/7 0:33

Re:

I don't know what "Brother Steve" you are referring to, nor does it really matter, but Paul spoke of those who preach another Gospel & another Jesus. And as I have stated before, God wants a people who are standing on what brother Paul said (& Peter, & John, & most especially the Lord Jesus), not brother Steve, Greg, or even Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, Art Katz, or whoever. We need to go to the original text of scripture and not try to "make a copy of a copy" by worrying with what mere men have to say.
You may be bothered by the "neat little box" people as you call them, but the Lord is bothered with those who attempt to let the wolves into the sheepen.
And you forget the early church in Acts and first century Christianity were not Catholics. You say others want to just attack Catholicism, but all you seem to want to do is esteem it's leaders who made multiple anti-biblical, anti-gospel declarations (not disagreements on the little things, but denying THE GOSPEL in its essence) & defend the genuineness of people in a system who denied the Lord's Word in many places.
And then bring feeding the poor into it? There is a host of things to say, but for one thing, Jesus said "these MY BRETHREN", so it's first and foremost referring to believers. Secondly, if someone does "good deeds"
But denies Christ in things they proclaim, they are to be used "as an example" to the Body? Really?Catholics preach another Jesus & another Jesus just like Mormonism. You don't want to see that for some reason, but it's true.

2012/12/7 0:38

Re:

Greg, you said:

"Salvation is not being right in every word or belief we have but it is in trusting in the death and resurrection of Christ as our atonement before God where we have peace with God."

But when someone believe in Christ plus Mary why would you promote them?

"for many of us are not living up to the responsibility to share the Gospel with all the lost of this generation."

Mother Theresa herself said it was not her job to preach to the lost. So apparently she had a wonderful faith in Christ, where she picked up many off the streets and helped them to hell. Here she says:

“”There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic. We believe our work should be our example to people. We have among us 475 souls – 30 families are Catholics and the rest are all Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs—all different religions. But they all come to our prayers.”
(http://www.ewtn.com/MotherTeresa/words.htm)

Why would you help a Hindu become a better Hindu..etc? Why not help the Hindu become a follower of Jesus Christ by telling him the truth and therefore REALLY showing love for your neighbor?

2012/12/7 0:39
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

When I think of the forums on SI anymore I think of a sermon Carter Conlon preached called "Beware of the Angry Watchmen"

It's a good sermon; worth a listen:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16014&commentView=itemComments

--

Amen brother. A very good sermon and convicting in my own life. I pray I can have MORE LOVE for all who are outside of Christ and who are trusting in their own works and not in the death of Christ for them.

2012/12/7 0:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy