SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Justification by Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

yeah. youtube can be slippery for me. but my computer is a pretty good stronghold because most of the time its for Christian related things.

Sometimes I notice some gains Spiritually where the usual temptations don't have a hold on me. It comes after seeking, overcoming trials, etc. its nice to know God can give me higher thoughts in a sinful world.

Thank you Lord.

2012/12/25 23:13

Re:

So if we are putting our focus on Jesus the power of sinful temptations are being reduced or curtailed or nullified. Am I hearing this right?

Bearnaster.

2012/12/25 23:15
jimp

Re:

hi, it was Jesuson the cross that brought victory over sin.whaat else can we look to. looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith.jimp

2012/12/26 1:13Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re: Justification by Faith

I used to listen alot to the teachings of Zac Poonen.
Then I got exposed of my sins but I was stil scared of judgement etc.
But then I listen to R.C Sprouls teaching on justification.
Then I understood the gospel.

I belive thats a good combo to understand justificatoin by faith alone.
Listen to alot of preaching that exposes your sins and makes u the most sinfull man on earth.
Then listen to R.C Sprouls and his teaching on Justification.
Or read Luthers commentaries on romans.

2012/12/26 2:45Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I think something that many forget with justification by faith is that just because you are Justified by Faith doesn't mean you are exempt from the battle against sin. Not saying our salvation is won by our own strength but that we are relying daily on Jesus Christ and that is where our strength to stand against temptation comes from. We are still called to battle, we are still called to put on armor, and we are still called to stand firm in the faith.

2012/12/26 8:34Profile
Sree

Re:

Most posts here indicate that they have no clue about the meaning of repentance. They confuse repentance with victory over sin. Victory over sin and repentance are two different things, one leads to another but are not the same.

Repentance means to hate sin. The moment we recognize ourselves as sinner due to a sin conviction that comes by hearing the word of God from an anointed speaker like Apostle Peter. I am not referring to modern-day TV preachers who deliver dead sermons that is devoid of any sin conviction. Once an unbeliever gets this conviction he starts hating his sinful life. With this hatred desire comes into him for a savior who could save him from this life of sin. With this desire if he is pointed to Christ then he will receive justification by faith in Jesus. If this hatred towards sin (repentance) is not there then there is no Justification, no matter which Jesus he turns to. This is what the scripture says. This is the reason the father sent John the baptist even before Jesus was sent, to preach repentance.

Now this repentance (hatred towards sin) by itself cannot bring him any victory over sin. It will only bring him a longing to be saved, a need for a savior. It is Christ who makes him an overcomer if he is willing to walk with Christ everyday.

I see most posters here think that repentance is to be free from Sin and hence they totally take repentance away from faith. It is because you do not read scriptures carefully.

There are so many examples of repentance in New testament, for example Zacchaeus repaying 4 times as much has he has stolen from people is a sign of repentance, a hatred towards the stolen money. Now did it make him not to cheat people? NO, it is Christ whom he welcomed into his house gave him strength to live a life that does not involve cheating others. The thief on the Cross said that he deserve the punishment of Crucifixion, which is repentance. One cannot accept such a punishment unless he hates what he has done to deserve it. This repentance coupled with faith in Jesus, got him an entry into God's kingdom.

An example of coming to Christ without repentance is Judas Iscariot, he was with Christ all his life and sat in the best Church with Jesus himself as the preacher. But never repented from love of Money. He was then destined to death.

2012/12/26 10:25Profile
Sree

Re: Josef83

Quote:

I used to listen alot to the teachings of Zac Poonen.
Then I got exposed of my sins but I was stil scared of judgement etc.
But then I listen to R.C Sprouls teaching on justification.
Then I understood the gospel.

I belive thats a good combo to understand justificatoin by faith alone.

We need to thank God for men like Zac Poonen who could expose sin inside us. Men who live a life walking with God that they have authority to talk about Sin and expose it. Most of the so called preachers of Today cannot talk about sin is because they themselves are not free from it.

Though I agree with your point, I also want to tell you that Brother Zac always finishes his message talking about Grace of God as a solution to our sins. I have never head a sermon from him where he has not pointed to the Grace from Jesus. The problem is with we who listen, we get so much into the sin conviction that we fail to listen about the solution, our flesh starts finding solution in work. But by the work of Flesh no man can be justified. It is only through Christ.

2012/12/26 10:51Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I think there is some pretty big confusion going on here. No man can repent without the Holy Spirit, why? Because we can't see our true wretched self without the Holy Spirit. Whether the Holy Spirit is speaking directly to or through a brother or sister in Christ Jesus.

Repentance from the greek Metanoya literally means "Change of Mind" My mind was not change of in and of its own design but the Holy Spirit caused it and so I cannot count it as a work I did to earn salvation. When you have faith Repentance occurs and when repentance occurs you know you have faith. Its a paradox in itself that we tend to over complicate. Repentance isn't a distinct act or event it is gradual as you fall more and more in Love with Christ, and Sanctification (being set apart) happens when you acknowledge God's Word (confession) ALL of this is the Work of the Holy Spirit which is through Faith.

2012/12/26 12:20Profile
jimp

Re:

repentance is turning the rule of your life over to Jesus;thus the term Lordof your life.jimp

2012/12/26 13:12Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother I'm not sure what the difference between your definition and my definition would be or if there is even a difference? Could you help me with that?

*edited* for proper grammar

2012/12/26 13:20Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy