SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : This has set me to wonder

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Croref

This has set me to wonder

I have noticed that on the occasion that after coming into fresh knowledge of the Lord , knowledge that strengthens my faith and assurances, almost immediately the Devil hits me with a powerful "whammy's" of fleshly lust__fantasies of all sorts unmentionable, mostly drawn from my past. This has set me to wonder to what degree he hit upon Jesus full well knowing what Jesus was about to do that would usher in his demise. What did Jesus endure that when compared to what we think is overwhelming and cry out to be delivered from, God allowed IN Him to suffer through, much as in the strength God trusted Job to endure?

. . . . that Paul tells us to rejoice in!

Anyone besides me having this sort of thing happening in their life?

2012/11/18 11:34Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: This has set me to wonder

"Anyone besides me having this sort of thing happening in their life?"

Initially, after being saved my husband and I were so tried.

Thank God, I was lead to this passage below and sang it to myself throughout the day. It is comforting to know it was actually a good sign to have such troubles.
1 Peter 4:12: Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

It will help you too.

ws

2012/11/18 12:26Profile

Quote:
Anyone besides me having this sort of thing happening in their life?

I told myself that I wasn't going to engage in conversation with you but reading this reminds me very much like my experiences.

Sometimes it's the opposite for me and sometimes its as you describe it. I've asked the question to the Lord several times and I think this happens because He wants us to know that the revelation that we obtain is not by any handiwork that we have done. In the past when I had gotten knowledge by own hand that I would pat myself on the back and basically tell myself how much a better person I was. Well, that person I hope is dead now because I can't stand that person anymore.

When I give into a temptation and then I repent of it, and then WHAMMY, He opens my understanding and I tell Him, "Why are you showing me this, I am not worthy to have this revelation"? Then He gently says, "EXACTLY!"

"I am not showing you this because you have great faith, or that you pray ninety times a day. I am showing you these things because first I love you, second you asked Me, and third, I want to."

I return to refrain stance. Bless you brother. :-)

2012/11/18 19:12
Croref

Re:

Why bless me when you don't like me-when you think I am wrong __and for spiritual reasons . I guess?

Btw, Thanks for your input.

2012/11/18 19:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Why bless me when you don't like me-when you think I am wrong

Oh I like you, but we tend to lock horns and I would rather just stay out of the ring and not do that. I bless you because I, like you, have the power to bless others. I think we think alike and if we were to meet in person I am sure we'd get a long quite well. So please don't look at my being distant as not liking you, that is furthest from my mind.

I agree with a lot of things that you share, so please don't look too much into this. Sometimes this can be good. Let me interject from time to time, here a little there a little.

Again, I bless you brother in Jesus name. Amen

2012/11/18 21:37
Croref

Re:

by Approved on 2012/11/18 18:37:33

Quote:
Why bless me when you don't like me-when you think I am wrong

Oh I like you, but we tend to lock horns and I would rather just stay out of the ring and not do that. I bless you because I, like you, have the power to bless others. I think we think alike and if we were to meet in person I am sure we'd get a long quite well. So please don't look at my being distant as not liking you, that is furthest from my mind.

I agree with a lot of things that you share, so please don't look too much into this. Sometimes this can be good. Let me interject from time to time, here a little there a little.

Again, I bless you brother in Jesus name. Amen

Then lets be friends __horns and all. . ))

2012/11/19 9:56Profile
timg

Re:

The conversation between my two brothers here has done me good. And more importantly brings glory to Christ. Praise God! :)

2012/11/19 10:09Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I am not aware that Jesus had an issue like this to deal with because he was a man without sin - ever. He did not have the memory of past sins that came up to trip him in the future.

Yes.

My past in dissimilar to yours, but there were/are issues nevertheless that are debilitating that work to trip me up.

It seems like every time I teach a ladies SS class I experience it; also when I post on the 'Sayings of Jesus" thread. In other words when I share something profound concerning the WORD the devil will work to trip me up. It happens all the time. (And likely will after I post a response to your question.)

What is a person to do since this is the case? Quit? Jesus never did. The Jewish people challenged him at every turn but he did not change his message any because of it - he kept right on knowing full well the result. I sense in him some exasperation but this only served to deepen his resolve to persevere. Can we do any less? If the devil succeeds in silencing us he has been successful - are you going to afford him this pleasure?

2012/11/19 10:58Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, we are chisels in the hands of the Master who is cutting out beauty from ashes. we are a hose in his hand to wet the earth. whenever He has used me in either case;if from God i would grow very weak and would have to sit .my legs would grow wobbely and i would feel faint.when it was not Him i grew in strength(in the flesh)jimp

2012/11/19 12:15Profile
Sree

The clear proof of we moving towards God is brokenness. An unbroken man no matter how much he says he has done for Christ, I will tell clearly that he does not know God.

Peter had to deny Jesus 3 times to be a useful vessel for Jesus and to Sheppard his flock. Our failures should break us more to depend on him rather than to get discouraged by them. Yes we need to REPENT everytime we fall, but we need to seek his strength (GRACE) as well so that we will not fall again.

One secret of overcoming life for me is to take the battle to your thought life. As long as we battle with our actions we will never win, we will live a life of Romans 7. But when we move to Romans 8, a spiritfilled living, the battle is more in our thought life. If our heart is clean then the words and actions that come out of our heart will also be clean. No temptation can overcome us.

2012/11/19 14:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy