SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Afraid to call Roman Catholicism Heresy? (moderators please read/respond)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

hezwilling wrote:

"while brother Jeffmar gets pilloried for saying what ought be said."

I agree with solomon 101-- it is not clear to whom jeffmar is addressing his comments.

If a RC came on here and began arguing catholic apologetics, then a platform may exist for posts like jeffmar's to discuss the issue.

But i don't see anyone, at least since i have been around, arguing catholic apologetics.

In other words, jeffmar is preaching to the choir.

2012/11/13 20:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
In other words, jeffmar is preaching to the choir.

Not exactly. His thread is in response to another thread that got locked where Brothertom posted an article that detailed IHOP now joining hands with the Roman Catholic church and working together with them in an upcoming conference.

This is a whole sale joining hands with an antichrist organization (though some including myself would argue it's just two like kinds joining hands), and people should be warned that when they're giving approval to guys like Mike Bickle (which is undiscerning in itself) they're giving approval to a man who openly cooperates with the Whore of Babylon, and feeds from it's teachers.

If the "choir" agrees that the RCC is inherently evil at it's root, and a tool of antichrist, what would we then call a supposedly Christian organization that openly hosts an ecumenical conference and partners with them while teaching from their sages?

Jeffmar's concern is entirely a legitimate one.

2012/11/13 20:50

Re:

There is more to this than all the presumptions that I want "attaboy"s, prideful flesh arguments, etc. it pertains to something that grieves me and concerns me greatly. I don't care if it has been said a million times, there are some on here who haven't seen it, don't understand it, and are getting a wrong message when it's quashed and thread locked, and treated as if it's just another denomination. Besides, you know how many other things on this site have been hashed and rehashed a million times (& continue to be)?
The "discerning" of some that I am just trying to be rebellious, proud, seeking glory, etc. is poor. What Glory is there in that for me? I am CONCERNED. but, it doesn't seem to matter, so I will leave it alone after this post forever. I am going to share some scriptures on this matter though. Surely those matter more than all the expert opinions on here, regardless if "we all read them all before in previous posts"?

Matthew 7:15
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:24
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Acts 13:6-12
6 And when they had gone through the isle to Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:
7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.
8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.
10 And said, O full of all subtlety and all mischief, you child of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is on you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
12 Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Galatians 2:4
4 And that because of false brothers unawares brought in, who came in privately to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

2 Peter 2:1-6
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privately shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved to judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample to those that after should live ungodly;

1 John 4:1
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Matthew 10:16
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the middle of wolves: be you therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Acts 20:28-31
28 Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

1 Timothy 1:5-7
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside to vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

2 Timothy 4:1-4
1 I charge you therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.

1 Tmothy 4:1-3
1 Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God has created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

1 Timothy 5:22
22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep yourself pure.

2 John 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses, and stays not in the doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that stays in the doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that bids him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Im not trying to be rebellious towards men, but obedientbtowards God. I just wanted to make sure I understood rightly what is/isn't being said (& not said) here. People's eternities are at stake and more than even that, the purity of the Gospel & God's Glory, and obedience to His Word is at stake. If you think that's rebellious, you misunderstand me, but more importantly you misunderstand God's Word and what Word trumps men's plans, policies, rules, etc.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to men, but respectful to God, His Word, His Spirit, and those who will be deceived by the silence and avoidance of those who don't want to do what these and TONS of other scriptures implore leaders/teachers/shepherds/brethren in the Body to do. Anything less would dishonor God's Word. You can think whatever you may about me. I am not perfect, but the opinions of men (I don't even know really) matters little to me. Being found faithful on judgement day does. I didn't get born again two weeks ago either, so please don't just disregard what These scrtires say and warn of as some "young immature zealots" over-anxiousness. Been there, done that, wore the T-Shirt. My heart burns at the unwillingness to allow open discussion when Apostacy and deception are more rampant than ever, just to "focus" on good things as we perceive it. If that's wrong in the moderators eyes, I don't need to be on this website at all anymore. If I have to "go to another website to discuss these matters", I'm on the wrong website to begin with. I'm broken hearted at this very possibility even now, not proud, contentious, or rebellious.

2012/11/13 21:01

Re:

Quote:
If you think that's rebellious, you misunderstand me, but more importantly you misunderstand God's Word and what Word trumps men's plans, policies, rules, etc.

Well said.

2012/11/13 21:15

Re:

As ironic as it is (& I'm a "Soveriegn God" guy, not a chance and circumstance guy), the advertisement header above the forum just now was:
Catholic Courses.
Take and learn about Catholic AND OTHER Christian course right now...blah...blah...blah

Not to discuss, expose, and bring clarity about/around heresy is to "give heed to it", & be a "partaker in its deeds". Doesn't matter what I say, what I think, what you think, or with all due respect, what any "moderator" thinks on the subject. What matters REALLY is what does the Word of God say?
Read those scriptures (there are MANY more) & see Gods heart in warning His people, & warning His under shepherds to warn others. And the subject of the thread on IHOP & the RCC (that was locked) wasn't "preaching to the choir" or "been hashed a million times". It was NEW NEWS & should have been chewed on a little, meditated on, compared with scripture, taken to prayer (maybe even fasting & prayer if internal confliction exists), etc. not shut down and told "not here. Go somewhere else for that". That makes me want to cry. What are we doing & why are we doing it?

2012/11/13 21:29

Re:

Hey EverestoSama,

I am honoured you remembered me! I'm not a bloke though, I'm female. And yes I came to faith influenced by evangelical Christianity, but I am now Catholic.

I still come here and read but I don't post much.

2012/11/13 21:49

Re:

And the Lord confirms for all to see just as His Spirit leads

2012/11/13 22:34

Re:

Would you mind sharing here of how you came to saving faith in the Lord Jesus & when/how you got Born Again?

2012/11/13 22:43

Re:

@jeffmar

I sent you an email (from my normal account and not the one listed here), so check your spam just in case it landed there.

@andie72

I'm sorry that I mistook you for a male. In America Andy is usually a boys name and I made a blind assumption on the name alone, so my apologies about the mix up.

If you have time, I have a sermon that I've hosted online that I'd be curious to hear your input on. The director of my missionary organization was raised as a Roman Catholic, and he has a sermon of five questions addressed specifically to Roman Catholics that I'd personally like to hear your input on.

If you have the time and inclination, would you send me an email (my email is in my profile), and I can link you to the sermon?

Thanks, and again, sorry for the mix up.

2012/11/13 23:20

Re:

Hi saints, wow, I see that this thread has went SI viral. I have read many of the posts and would just like to give my own small overview. I am an ex Catholic, born and raised in a tough Catholic working class community in the lowlands of Scotland. My family on my fathers side are Catholics and have been for hundreds of years if not more. I had a Catholic education, married in the church and my first son buried by the Catholic church.

I like a lot of what Maryjane has been expressing. My father, after himself being saved at the age of 49, became very anti- Catholic. Now do not get me wrong, I do not have a single disagreement with him, nor would I have any disagreement with Brothertom in regard to Catholicism. Yet my dad was and still is an angry man and incapable of effectivly sharing the Gospel with Catholics. Without love brothers and sisters we have nothing and I have seen a lot of people share truth without love. One can share hard truths with anyone if love burns at the center of who they are. If their passion for Jesus is pre-eminant in their lives.

Having said all of that, some of the issues we have seen on SI is the tearing down of men like Tozer because of his supposed connections with Catholic mystics. Or Madam Guyon ( please, no debating on these two figures, we have done all that before) Its like my dad, he sees ecumenicalism everywhere like the unbalanced Pentecostal brother who may see demons behind every corner.

If all we do, and I am referring to no one on Si, is curse the darkness, then I can tell you that we will not have an effective ministry. The single most effective encounter I had with a staunch Catholic was over a kitchen table. She ranted for about 15 minutes about Catholic haters and how the Catholics were the true people of God. When I got my opportunity, I began to speak and I could feel that the Holy Spirit was leading and guiding my words. I spoke of Jesus and my love for Him and how after encountering Him He had changed my life and my whole world. I spoke in this manner, uninterupted by the previously angry woman, for about 20 minutes. I will never forget her words to me after I was done talking, she said in a very low and humbled voice " I do not know that Jesus you are talking about." You see how much she learned in a few minutes? Her whole view of Jesus and who He is was radically upended and she knew, without me saying it, that she did not know Him.

Brothers ans sisters, I hate Catholic doctrine. I think the mass is a Satanic masterpiece of counterfiet and that Catholicism has been the pied piper of the devil leading millions and millions of people into hell. I am somewhat of a historian when it comes to the pilgrim church, the remnant church and I know what this monster of iniquity has done to our brothers and sisters down through the ages. I have wept over this. Yet in my heart burns a heart of love for catholics. Catholics , on the whole, know only shame on and condemnation and know nothing of the personal love that Jesus has for them. I share with Catholics the same way as I would share with a Muslim, I talk about Jesus. I bypass the counterfiet and I focus on the real $100 bill. If I am challenged I respond with Scripture. Please be led as the Spirit leads but we must always, if we have opportunity, be reaching out to Catholics with the power of truth delivered by love............bro Frank

2012/11/14 0:36

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy