SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Again, do we call tbem brethren?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
as EverestoSama in a past thread compared mormons to the Samaritans, Lets look at Luke 10 with that same perspective. proudpapa

Obviously I can't say what EverestoSama intended by his comment as I have not read them, but there is no correlation spiritually between the Mormons and Samaria. The Samaritans biblically are those who live on a hill. The hill was purchased from a man called Shemer hence the name Samaria. It became the new capital of Israel after the division of the kingdom of Israel, into Israel and Judah. The women at the well in Samaria was expecting or at least thinking about the coming Christ and so on. My point is this. If you give so much as a thread of credibility to Mormonism you will have given the whole ground to it. Like Satan who is behind it, it will come as an angel of light and then devour your understanding mind. One word which in their sight sounds like "brother" will be sufficient to take away any need for Christ in their understanding. Unlike Samaria who was Israel according to the flesh though despised and cut of from the temple worship, they were nevertheless Israel according to the flesh. Mormonism is not Israel, it is not the Church and it never has been.

There is no truth whatsoever in Mormonism. It is completely devoid of truth. The conduct of individual Mormons is of no consequence either. In fact it amounts to a deception of incomprehensible proportions that so many souls could be so active in deceiving so many that they speak well of them.

For those who say we should pray for them is rather stating the obvious. They also need resisting in prayer and resisting again and again. The warning about this false religion have been going out strong and clear for nearly 50 years. Yet still America's liberties blind men's eyes to the danger of this wicked cult. Sitting back and taking no action is no longer an option. Today there are Mormon's leading prayer revival meeting, with true saints attending and going along. Such blindness and deafness and lack of discernment is truly fearful. Now it is to grow and flourish and if those who know the truth don't learn to resist this spirit in prayer as well as contend with the men and women with tears it will eventually consume many millions more in its train down into hell.

Edit by a man "from a man" called Shemer.

2012/11/9 0:16
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Again, do we call tbem brethren?

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject ; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted , and sinneth , being condemned of himself.

TITUS 3: 10-11

2012/11/9 0:23Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I am not saying give them anykind of credibility, only the love and respect as the Bible calls us to have for fellow humans.

2012/11/9 0:37Profile

The Apostles Evangelized them, and loved them; the lost.

The church itself is made up of all unbelievers and cults throughout time. Mormonism is just one in a long line of lying spirits, and many, many of them have came out, and believed in Christ Jesus alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08RXs6_HJJc

To get an idea of how perverted and powerfully complex that this demon is, and what it teaches men to believe, watch this. Not exactly Biblical......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

2012/11/9 9:24

Re: An I Correct in Assuming?

Based in tbe posts I am reading here. It seems that the Mormons are not to be acknowledged as our brothers and sisters? Am I correct in assuming that Mormonism is just as false a religion as Islam? That both Mormons and Moslens need to believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and need him alone for salvation. I am speakng of Jesus as revealed in the New Testament?

Forum I want to be 100% clear on this. If I speak of Mormons as being nonbelievers in Christ who need to believe in tbe person and work of Jesus Christ. Am I correct?

Again the Billy Graham Association has removed Mormonism from its list of cults. Thus implying Mormonism is credible. St least my understanding. There were those, en in this forum, who said we needed to vote for a candidate who cane out of Mormonism . Because this candidate stood for Biblical values. Thus implying Mormonism has some degree of Biblical truth.

I am asking for honesty in this forum. If we are to acknowledge the Mormons as brethren, say so. If not then please clarify once and for all this is a false cult who do not hold to the gospel of Christ.

Bearmadter.

2012/11/9 10:54
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Mormons can't be our brothers and sisters if they are not born again of the Spirit.
And, yes, they are our neighbors, and we are commanded to "love our neighbors as ourselves", and this too must be done in the Spirit, or we will fail God.
We must be led by the Spirit in all things, because we "see in part" here on Earth, most of the time, unless the Lord grant us revelation into some mystery. Example: A mormon can be awakened by the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Spirit can be striving with a Mormon, as well.
The Lord wishes all men to be saved. That doesn't mean we compromise the Gospel of our Lord Christ Jesus; but, that does mean, that we do all things in love, and again, through the Spirit. Are weapons are not carnal, but Spiritual, and mighty to the pulling down of strongholds.

2012/11/9 11:07Profile
rbanks

Re:

Article Calling Mormonism a 'Cult' Removed From Billy Graham Website
Tue, Oct. 16, 2012 Posted: 04:51 PM EDT

An article describing Mormonism as a "cult" was removed from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association's (BGEA) website following Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's visit with Graham last week.

The article described The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, commonly referred to as Mormonism, as a group that "teaches doctrines or beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith." Other groups identified as cults in the article include Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians, the Unification Church, Scientologists and Spiritists.

The article was removed sometime after Romney, a Mormon, visited Graham at his Montreat, N.C., home last week. Ken Barun, chief of staff for BGEA, said in an emailed statement on Tuesday that the organization removed the article in order to avoid a debate, though he did not specify whether or not the candidate's visit had anything to do with the timing of its removal.

"Our primary focus at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has always been promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign," said Barun.

Following his meeting with Romney, the 93-year-old Graham said he was honored to have met the candidate, with whom he had the opportunity to pray.

"What impresses me even more than Gov. Romney's successful career are his values and strong moral convictions," said Graham.

He later added, "I will turn 94 the day after the upcoming election, and I believe America is at a crossroads. I hope millions of Americans will join me in praying for our nation and to vote for candidates who will support the biblical definition of marriage, protect the sanctity of life and defend our religious freedoms."

During his meeting with Romney, Graham said he would do "all I can" to help the Republican candidate, The Asheville Citizen-Times reports.

Issues surrounding Mormonism – and whether or not it should be defined as a Christian belief system – have stirred up strong emotions and some debate in Christian circles this election season. Some have even questioned whether or not it is acceptable for Christians to vote for a Mormon at all.

Franklin Graham, Billy Graham's son and the president and CEO of the BGEA, told The Christian Broadcasting Network in December 2011 that Romney's Mormon faith "doesn't bother me at all." The most important thing, he said, is for Americans to select the person who is most qualified to be president.

"You can have the nicest guy and he can be a Christian and just wonderful but have absolutely no clue as to how to run a country, you don't want that … Mitt Romney is a very capable fellow," he said.

He was also asked in an interview with MSNBC in February if he considers Romney a Christian.

"Most Christians would not recognize Mormonism as part of the Christian faith ... Now, of course they believe in Jesus Christ, but they have a lot of other things that they believe in too that we don't accept theologically," he said.

Jeff Schapiro
Copyright © Christianpost.com. All rights reserved.

2012/11/9 11:32Profile
rbanks

Re:

Now whether Billy Graham association did right should ultimately be judged by God and not us. I do think though that in their attempt to not cause divisiveness actually did cause some divisiveness among Christians.

Now that they have explained their reason of doing what they did and whether we agree with it or not we should as Christians forgive them if it has offended us. I will in the love of Christ move on from this and not let what they did cause me to be divisive and continually try to stir up strife with the Billy Graham association and other Christians.

Blessings from brother rbanks!

2012/11/9 11:51Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

It seems to me this is spoken very clearly in Galatians.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If they did believe the KJV bible they would forsake the other gospel.

Still we are to love them and pray for them to be saved. I do not believe they hold correct views of Jesus and many other important doctrines.

2012/11/9 11:54Profile
MaryJane

Re:

orum I want to be 100% clear on this. If I speak of Mormons as being nonbelievers in Christ who need to believe in tbe person and work of Jesus Christ. Am I correct?

Again the Billy Graham Association has removed Mormonism from its list of cults. Thus implying Mormonism is credible. St least my understanding. There were those, en in this forum, who said we needed to vote for a candidate who cane out of Mormonism . Because this candidate stood for Biblical values. Thus implying Mormonism has some degree of Biblical truth.

I am asking for honesty in this forum. If we are to acknowledge the Mormons as brethren, say so. If not then please clarify once and for all this is a false cult who do not hold to the gospel of Christ.

Bearmadter.

Bear, why would you go to men for their opinions when the BIBLE speaks clearly about this matter. I ask you honestly didn't you really already have your answer on this matter weeks ago? Mormons, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhist, Jehovah Witness are all false religions and none are following BIBLICAL JESUS. Knowing this to be true what should our response be toward those lost inside these dead man made religions be...to pray for them, to love them, and to share JESUS with them, right? How often do we stop and pray, really serious seek GOD for those who are lost? I know you have prayed for those lost souls in the Muslim religion maybe consider adding those millions lost in the Mormon religion as well.

Just something to think about

God bless
mj

2012/11/9 13:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy