SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My spirit shall not always strive with man

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: Croref

Hi Croref

Croref wrote
///It goes by the name, "Flesh".///

Is that what the flesh or carnal mind is ?? or is the Carnal (sarx) mind the voice of reason ??

2012/11/10 9:03Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote God's image cannot be perverted!

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Gen1:27

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years Gen 6:3

God's image in man has been perverted...

As you say man is man's own god.

In the Kingdom of Light Jesus is Lord

In the Kingdom of Darkness self is lord.

2012/11/10 9:16Profile
Croref

Re:

Hi Croref

Croref wrote
///It goes by the name, "Flesh".///

Is that what the flesh or carnal mind is ?? or is the Carnal (sarx) mind the voice of reason ??

Hi Papa! If what rules us is not of God or God Himself, does it really matter? It needs to be overcome and that is what our new birth is all about, i.e., the perfection of our life in the Father as Jesus lived it FROM His. I know of only one hindrance to such success in my life__ME! Now, who is "me" but my own "mortal flesh". Are they thought processes? Too be sure, yes and is the doorway to my soul to get it involved with my flesh, to utilize its control over my mind, will and emotions.
Now where do we go from here except to believe as Paul believed was his problem and the solution to it, shown us in Rom 7. Make no mistake about it, this warfare will go on until the day of the Lord but we should rejoice inasmuch as it is our opportunity to perfect our allegiance in Him and by Him because we cannot unless we abide IN Him.

Jesus said: "He who overcomes [his flesh) I will give to him . . . . " Rev2 and 3.

2012/11/10 9:19Profile
proudpapa

Re: murrcolr

Hi murrcolr, we are getting deep, I am enjoying it

murrcolr wrote ///So the heart of man is where knowledge or understanding is according to the bible along with all the will and emotion, the very same place that compassion or love comes from///

The problem I find in this statement is that you have lumped understanding (intuition) with (intelectual) knowledge.

they do not reside in the same place,

2012/11/10 9:24Profile
Croref

Re:

by murrcolr on 2012/11/10 6:16:40

Quote God's image cannot be perverted!

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Gen1:27

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years Gen 6:3

God's image in man has been perverted...

As you say man is man's own god.

In the Kingdom of Light Jesus is Lord

In the Kingdom of Darkness self is lord.

Yes, I know but, your conclusion is wrong.

2012/11/10 9:24Profile
proudpapa

Re: Rom 7.

Hi Croref

Romans 7 is a person living under the Law rather than under grace, Christians as Galatians points out some times bring themselves under this bondage, But Romans 7 is speaking of a pre conversion.

2012/11/10 9:29Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Is that what the flesh or carnal mind is ?? or is the Carnal (sarx) mind the voice of reason ??

This last few days I have been reading the book called His Deeper Work in Us by Sidlow Baxter, This morning i was reading the part below.

Romans 12:2, “Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind”. That word, “transformed”, here, is arresting. It is used by a divinely inspired apostle, and it is used in relation to human character. Its meaning cannot be thinned down; the Greek word is that from which comes our own word, “metamorphosis”.

In Romans 12:2, therefore, the word “trans- formed”, must not be denied its maximum meaning; so it indicates nothing less than a radical renovation.

Moreover, it is no mere theoretical transformation, or something which the believer has to “reckon” as having taken place, whether the evidences are apparent or not; for, as the text says, it takes place by the actual “renewing” of the “mind”—something actually effected by divine interference in the deeps of human personality.

http://www.prayermeetings.org/files/J_Sidlow_Baxter/Baxter_His_Deeper_Work_In_Us.pdf

2012/11/10 9:30Profile
Croref

Re:

by proudpapa on 2012/11/10 6:29:02

Hi Croref

Romans 7 is a person living under the Law rather than under grace, Christians as Galatians points out some times bring themselves under this bondage, But Romans 7 is speaking of a pre conversion.

Come again?? No,no. Bro. Re-read a few more times. Here:

"I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:21-25 (KJV)

Here is the conclusion to the matter:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the FLESH, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2 (KJV)

2012/11/10 9:42Profile
Croref

Re:

by murrcolr on 2012/11/10 6:30:54

Hi murr!

If you will fit this verse into Baxter's thinking you will our have responsibility in the matter:

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently" 1 Peter 1:22 (KJV)

2012/11/10 9:45Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Croref

Croref wrote ///No,no. Bro. Re-read a few more times///

I have read it hundreds of times! practicaly have it memorized, it is a first person narrative of a past tense event.

2012/11/10 9:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy