SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 3 new church movements seemingly at odds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Mercy!!

Bro. Mike!!

Quote:
I see this church down the street lavishing their wealth on themselves, celebrating the ressurection with little love for the cross. They sing "All I want is you" and my heart burns at their musical mockery. I want to air-drop in on the stage with a 50 caliber prophecy that their praise is an offense to God's nostrils.

wheeew!

here's the line that speaks to me:
Quote:
Instead Jesus takes measure of me.

give us more mercy Lord! please....its so easy to speak out and against.....

Quote:
This claim is put to the test when I see those other living "books" Jesus is working on

lets us love ALL, as He loved ALL.

its so so hard in our natural strength, we need Jesus, Him the Comforter.

Thank You Jesus!!

2005/3/3 15:30
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Hi Dain

“I've lost all desire to be a part of that. It has left me feeling so lost this week.”

I just want you to go a little further and explain on this matter. I want to know what the Lord is exactly doing in us by alienating us from the present system! You Lost desire to be part of that, what is the driving force behind that? Is it because you don’t see the glory “chabod” 1 Sam. 4, 21 of God as you desire it among the church or is it other personal matters? I think it will be useful to me if you share what the Spirit is working in your spirit.

By the way, I saw your post on “out of church” thread and I am really praying for you dear Dain, Take courage sister don’t loose heart! God is with us!

Your sis.

Mekdes

2005/3/4 0:42Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
I just want you to go a little further and explain on this matter. I want to know what the Lord is exactly doing in us by alienating us from the present system!

Let's see? About 3 years ago, I began to read my Bible with one thing in mind: to do my best to read it as if I had never heard it before. I tried to clear my head of all the "teachings of men" which I had heard over the years and just let the word do it's work on me. I was finally saved! After a lifetime of being in church, I was saved! This floored me. How could I grow up in a Christian home and go to churches my whole life and not be born again? I believe the featured sermon on this week by Duncan Campbell, Sin In The Camp, says it all. I've grown up in the age of "easy believism". I hadn't witnessed much true faith, so I didn't know I was messed up. Well, I say I didn't know, but deep down I did. I always wanted to get saved over and over again. Anytime I would hear salvation messages, it sounded so good to me. I couldn't understand why it hadn't worked for me.

So, in answer to your question, I see the church full of unbelievers who are whistling their way to hell. It's killing me! I want to scream! I want to go out into the parking lot and preach the gospel from a car hood, but they've been innoculated against the gospel. They think they already have it, and we are all crazy. I know I can't go to church with them without beginning to speak up. And I'm quite certain I will not be accepted for this. I'll just be a boat rocker.

I played the game. I climbed that ladder of "success" while my family fell apart and I used drugs everyday to numb the pain of a dead life, the whole time screaming, "Can't somebody here help me?" The church is under some kind of evil spell. It's like out of a movie, or something. It's like that movie where everyone is just acting on a set. The whole town, their whole life is just a set for a tv show. Now, I feel like I know the truth, and I'm not impressed by the scene anymore. In fact, I'm disturbed by it. I'm just literally beside myself these days. I don't know what's going to become of me, except this one thing I know: I'm going to know God if it kills me. I don't care about passing anyone else's litmus test, I just want to stand before God on judgement day and have God slap me on the tail and say, "That's my girl!" That's the reason I'm living. To know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his suffering, to be conformed into his likeness. Forget the show. It ain't ever done nothin for me that was real.
How's that for an answer? Love, Dian.

2005/3/4 17:04Profile
Compton

Re:

Great stuff guys!

Philo wrote:

Quote:
Doctrinal statements were created to exclude error, but the organised church has always used them to exclude people.

Well said! Brother, why didn't you just say that earlier and spare me from typing all those wordy posts!? :-P

Quote:
I am in the middle of some personal meditations on the fellowship of the saints, perhaps I'll share some bits later.

Sounds like something I could really use!

Thank you Mike for this gem to Dian and myself as well:

Quote:
Certainly it is the Spirit who gives life and despite these things we know the Life that lives in you.

And wildman Neilgin puts a bow on the whole package!

Quote:
lets us love ALL, as He loved ALL.

Ain't nuffin I can add to any of this.

MC

2005/3/4 17:45Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Well said! Brother, why didn't you just say that earlier and spare me from typing all those wordy posts!?

I have yet many things to say unto you...? :-D

2005/3/4 18:02Profile
fouram

Re:

YESSSSSSSSSS. THIS IS MY WORD, THIS IS THE WORD I'VE HELD UNTO.

To know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his suffering, to be conformed into his likeness. Forget the show. It ain't ever done nothin for me that was real.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh, I have to scream and shout!!!!!

That's it....

I played the game. I climbed that ladder of "success" while my family fell apart and I used drugs everyday to numb the pain of a dead life, the whole time screaming, "Can't somebody here help "Me"

Jesus can, he help me, he helped me. When I was on drug and this and that.... he helped me. When I thought that that was what i had to do to be loved, and appreciated, valued. The devil is a liar. Jesus helped me, he helped me, he helped me.

2005/3/4 18:04Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Hi Dian,

Quote:

I'm not impressed by the scene anymore. In fact, I'm disturbed by it. ......To know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his suffering, to be conformed into his likeness. Forget the show. It ain't ever done nothin for me that was real.

God bless you Dian, You are always open and generous in sharing, keep it up! I got all the answer now. I knew that this is going on in your spirit and I just want you to air it out so that it would add something to our already zeal kindled spirit!

God bless you

Your sis.

Mekdes

2005/3/5 1:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The ever quotable...

Dian you are a precious sister...

Quote:
I began to read my Bible with one thing in mind: to do my best to read it as if I had never heard it before.

Redundant, but heard it said before that we ought to approach it with that mindset everyday.

Quote:
but they've been innoculated against the gospel

Quote:
"Can't somebody here help me?"

Quote:
I played the game.

Quote:
Now, I feel like I know the truth, and I'm not impressed by the scene anymore.

Quote:
I'm going to know God if it kills me.

Quote:
I don't care about passing anyone else's litmus test,

You already are God's girl :-)

2005/3/5 8:15Profile
andyz

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Re: 3 new church movements seemingly at odds

I have been a pastor for about 35 years. 6 years ago i had to face up with the difference between what i was preaching and the bible. The church i was preaching was not that found in the NT.
We had the sinner's prayer - they had repentance
We have water baptism which represented an outward expression of an inward work - they made you bring forth fruit of your repentance. You had to demonstrate a death-to-self.
We had the lord's snack - they had the Lord's Supper.
We had clergy and laity - they were all brothers
We had one man speaking on Sunday - they had body ministry.
We name our various brands of institutionalism - They were on in the city with no divisions.
We have a form and programs - they had power
We have enticing words and sermons - they had life.
W call the building the church – the people were the church in the early church
The world called them Christians - the world calls us Hypocrites.
We have all kinds of Christian rock, dove awards, pulpits and pews, Madison Avenue techniques, compromise, etc.
We support division, naming His body, competition, titles, etc… You call that Christianity? That stuff isn’t in the Bible… we are a cult.
How important is unity to Jesus?
How important is love to Jesus?
How important is us being in community and fellowshipping with one another?
Us having body ministry?
So what is important to us: Pastors, sermons, Sunday school, programs, supporting buildings, paying big salaries to pastors.
We are not concerned about truth. We do not fear God or truth. Read the seven letters to the 7 churches in the Book of Revelation. Where do we stand? Do you think we are going to heaven?
www.TheRealChurch.com
We need to wake up and deal with the truth or else……

2005/3/5 9:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Pastor

Hi Andy,

A most sincere and warm welcome to you! Took a gander over to your site and will certainly spend some more time there digesting what is available.

Borrowed this quote from your main page, from one of our 'favorites' in these parts ('Tozerphiles' we are fond of using)

[i]"All of the Christians I meet who are amounting to anything for God are Christians who are very much out of key with their age -- very, very much out of tune with their generation."[/i] Tozer

Very much glad to have you amongst us!

2005/3/5 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy