SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR MY HUSBAND

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

bumping this thread so we will remember to pray for this family

Dear Natalie,

You may be reading this but not feel up to posting, please know that I am praying for you and your whole family.

With love,
Janice

2012/11/20 17:56Profile
romanchog

Re: bumping this thread so we will remember to pray for this family

Thank you all for praying. I am sorry I have not updated more regularly. I have been soooo busy. We came home from the hospital last Saturday. Fortunately, we were able to come home with a service that offers IV fluids and pain managament via a patient controlled analgesia (PCA) pump at home, so my husband has not detriorated as he did other times. The kids are glad to have me home (finally!!!) as well as to be abe to see their Dad. He isvery weak. Still not eating, but he is drinking freshly exracted vegetable juices three times a day. That is great progress. He is still fighting nausea. I am praying for a remedy to that.

We have him camped out in our living room, since our bedrooms are upstairs and there is no way he could walk up or down the stairs. He can barely make the effort to move around in bed to adjust himself. It is frustrating to him to be so weak.

He had a new feeling yesterday that concerned me. Twice he had a pain in his chest which felt also like a burning sensation. This could be his heart or his stomach. He said it took away all his energy to deal with the pain. Eventually the pain goes away. Please also keep this in your prayers.

It is amazing how similar my husband's illness is to my Dad's-who just passed away in August. They have said the same things and had the same complaints. Having taken care of my Dad has prepared me somewhat to take care of my husband, although my husband is a lot sicker than my Dad ever was.

Thanksgiving is coming up, and we are thanking God for what He has done so far. My Spirit would like to spend the day in Praise and Worship.

Thanks all for you prayers.

2012/11/21 10:16Profile
romanchog

Re: bumping this thread so we will remember to pray for this family

Thank you all for praying. I am sorry I have not updated more regularly. I have been soooo busy. We came home from the hospital last Saturday. Fortunately, we were able to come home with a service that offers IV fluids and pain managament via a patient controlled analgesia (PCA) pump at home, so my husband has not detriorated as he did other times. The kids are glad to have me home (finally!!!) as well as to be abe to see their Dad. He isvery weak. Still not eating, but he is drinking freshly exracted vegetable juices three times a day. That is great progress. He is still fighting nausea. I am praying for a remedy to that.

We have him camped out in our living room, since our bedrooms are upstairs and there is no way he could walk up or down the stairs. He can barely make the effort to move around in bed to adjust himself. It is frustrating to him to be so weak.

He had a new feeling yesterday that concerned me. Twice he had a pain in his chest which felt also like a burning sensation. This could be his heart or his stomach. He said it took away all his energy to deal with the pain. Eventually the pain goes away. Please also keep this in your prayers.

It is amazing how similar my husband's illness is to my Dad's-who just passed away in August. They have said the same things and had the same complaints. Having taken care of my Dad has prepared me somewhat to take care of my husband, although my husband is a lot sicker than my Dad ever was.

Thanksgiving is coming up, and we are thanking God for what He has done so far. My Spirit would like to spend the day in Praise and Worship.

Thanks all for you prayers.

2012/11/21 10:16Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for the update, Natalie...Don't feel badly - you have your hands more than full. It helps us to better know how to pray. I am glad you can find something to be thankful for though I am sure it is very hard. I, too, can look back to some extremely painful things in my life where I can see how God in His mercy was preparing me for what was next. Know that you and your family are in our prayers. May God be glorified! Love and hugs....

2012/11/21 13:03Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. It is wonderful that your Husband is able to be at home and with family. You will all be in my prayers,

Love, J

2012/11/21 22:35Profile
romanchog

Re:

I have a new prayer request for my husband. He seems,to be developing an upper respiratory infection. While to you and me this may not be much, it is a huge thing for him. He has been prescribed oral antibiotics, which is silly since he cannot tolerate food yet and all antibiotics have always upset his stomach. I am praying that the LORD supernaturally heals him of this, or that he permit us to obtain the medication through my husband's IV.

My husband is very very weak. It is a big thing just for him to urinate because he cannot even lift his body out if bed without an enormous effort. If he gets any weaker, I will be unable to take care if him and I don"t know what will happen then. I am praying that God will not allow my husband to get any weaker and if He wills it that He can give him strength in his muscles and bones.

Thank you LORD Father for your goodness and mercy, for your pity on us and on our weaknesses. Thank you for Your Son Jesus and for Your great salvation. May we remember to thank you not only today but everyday.

2012/11/22 7:11Profile
mama27

Re:

Not wanting to seem trite, Natalie....But this verse immediately came to mind as I was reading your post, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities , in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG..." (2 Cor 12:10)

I am sure you are so keenly aware that you can do nothing but fall upon Jesus...praying for you all...

I don't know if you even have time, but if you can get into caringbridge.org and read the early entries for Denny Kenaston, it seems his wife had many of the same experiences that you are going thru, and maybe you would find some comfort there....

God bless you!

2012/11/22 8:37Profile
romanchog

Re:

Thank you for the verse. I know that mine and my husband's strength comes from the Lord. It is what scares me bc it means that God can expect me to go through any degree of suffering bc He is strong enough for anything.

I have been praying these verses from Acts 4:29-30.
29 Now, Lord ... grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word,30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.

I was reading this about a month ago and noticed for the first time that God's healing is a part of preaching the Word. That has been our prayer: that the LORD be glorified through the healing if my husband so that we may proclaim Christ to all.

Thanks be to God, even for my husband's illness. Through it we have been cleansed from the world and have a renewed perspective on sin and eternity. But the Lord Jesus did teach us to pray: "do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from evil." I grab on to the Lord; where else can I go?

2012/11/22 10:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This is all you can do and succeed - you could wallow in self-pity but to what advantage is that? All it does is feed your anger. Just lay your entire burden at his feet. Only then can you experience the comfort that he alone can give. When you are walking in his strength and comfort you will be equipped to deal with what comes. This must happen each and every day - this reliance must be accessed daily to be enduring.

I know it is very difficult to care for a cancer afflicted person, especially a loved one. Been there, done that.

God bless.

(We do pray for you all.)

2012/11/22 10:34Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Natalie,

Praying for you, your husband, your family and his caregivers.

j

2012/11/23 12:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy