SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Were the disciples born again before or after Pentecost?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Then how does this fit into that:

". . . as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, . . . " Romans 1:28 (KJV)

And this:

". . . .If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15 (KJV)

Know any Christians of the "compromised" sort? croref

Brother I do indeed know many saints who compromise their walk on a daily basis. I have been there myself. I have also preached the gospel at times and had men come to me in genuine distress only to find that their distress was not as I had thought (conviction of sin) but grief at their life style of disobedience to the leading of God in their hearts. I have known the temptations of Satan directly to lead me into open rebellion against God and in all of this I knew that God is indeed God. A sudden moment or even a season does not establish the reality of what God has done in someone’s life if that someone has fallen away into disobedience. In the end only God knows who are His. You cannot even really ask someone who is fallen away whether they are born again because they will have no confidence in this reality even though they may very well be born again. Men and women have many reasons outwardly why they fall away, but God is only concerned with inward reality. It will always come down to obedience. And in that I say with a complete conviction in my own spirit having tested it before God for nearly 30 years, God does not reject out of hand those who He has chosen.

What is truly fearful is to witness men and women being persuaded that they are born again when there is no real evidence that they were under conviction of sin nor that they did in fact give there hearts to God in response to the preaching of the gospel of Grace. I have met these kinds of people as well. These are the ones who have no true understanding as to the substance of Christ crucified for sin, nor do they truly comprehend that He was raised from the dead. They are the pew sitters who benefit from association with the elect, but do not have life. Sometimes they are actually seductive individuals and are of all people to be pitied. Sometimes they are pious, legalistic, lacking in mercy and in all but one hour a week they do indeed love the world. They hear the truth many times but it does not penetrate into their hearts or produce any true repentance at all. How to understand them beyond that is in my view a matter for God.

The verse from Romans brother has to be read in context. The context is God’s invisible attributes being visible in the things He has created. And the giving over is a giving over to all manner of things including idolatry. In short the ones being spoken off are those who are wise in their own estimation to the point that they reject the true wisdom of God in favour of their foolish efforts. They were never true believers at all despite the fact that God is visible in the things He has created. Not least man, who was created in His own image and likeness. One other thing brother, to love this world with all of its passions and contradictions is one thing for the unbeliever, but for the believer it would amount to loving that which crucified His Son. When the world crucified God’ only begotten Son it made itself an enemy of God and not simply a contradiction of God. The enmity in the passage means an impossibility of reconciliation. Only turning to God and accepting His estimation of the world so as to be saved out of it, will resolve that problem. In the end His judgement will come upon this world. But we are not off this world we are of Christ if we have believed.

2012/11/2 12:18
Croref

Re:

Re:
by amrkelly on 2012/11/2 9:18:52

Quote:
Then how does this fit into that:

". . . as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, . . . " Romans 1:28 (KJV)

And this:

". . . .If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15 (KJV)

Know any Christians of the "compromised" sort? croref

Brother I do indeed know many saints who compromise their walk on a daily basis. I have been there myself. I have also preached the gospel at times and had men come to me in genuine distress only to find that their distress was not as I had thought (conviction of sin) but grief at their life style of disobedience to the leading of God in their hearts. I have known the temptations of Satan directly to lead me into open rebellion against God and in all of this I kn . . . . . . ."

Thanks for that good summation, Brother.

2012/11/2 13:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy