SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God hates and loves the sinner.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Sorry, posted double

2012/12/8 17:19

Re:

Quote:
If all of mankind is now under the blood of the Lamb then what exactly is the point of missions and Gospel preaching?

To ignite faith!

Sinners need to hear what Jesus has already done for them. Even though legally they are under the blood, they still need to believe and put their trust in Jesus Christ hence the preaching of the gospel. Men live under condemnation because they have not yet received Christ by faith. They need to receive Him to fulfill all righteousness.

By the way, those are very good scriptures that you brought out, thank you.

Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

With all reason, this cannot be applied to ignorant sinners who have not heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. God is more just than you and I, and for Him to condemn a sinner who has never heard it nor was the plan of God plain to them would be an unrighteous act on His part. This has to be speaking about those that knew God, knew His ways, and knew the plan of God and yet would suppress the truth. From Paul's perspective, this reassembles the Jews that fought with him in every city that he went into.

Quote:
God's winking at sin doesn't mean that it is a light thing to remain in unbelief.

True but to "remain in unbelief" denotes that the person had to have believed at some point. So this can't be referring to people that have not heard the gospel.

I encourage you to further your argument. Perhaps I am in darkness over this, please go deeper, if you like.

2012/12/8 17:40
therick2018

Re:

Approved,

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
Rom 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Rom 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

In Romans 1 it seems to me that it is clear that Paul is talking about all mankind. Jew and Gentile. Near and Far. They are guilty not because they have rejected special or gracious revelation but because they have rejected even natural revelation, verse 20. This is a clear description of the pagans in the text. It says that the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against ALL ungodliness and unrighteousness of men. People go to hell because they have sinned against God, not because they haven't heard the Gospel.

Chapter 2 brings this out even more clearly

Rom 2:9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek,
Rom 2:10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek.
Rom 2:11 For God shows no partiality.
Rom 2:12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

As Paris Reidhead said in "Ten Shekels in a Shirt" he found out when he got to africa that these tribal people weren't poor innocent folk who were just waiting to hear about Jesus, but rather they didn't want to hear about Christ. They hated the One true God and they loved their sin and wanted to stay in it.

"Ten Shekels in a Shirt"
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282&commentView=itemComments

2012/12/9 10:08Profile

Re:

Go deeper please.

2012/12/9 10:24
therick2018

Re:

Approved,

I'll will attempt to, with the help of the Lord, apart from Him I can do nothing. I'll try not to be too long, but I struggle with conciseness :).

Lets start with this. The teaching of Scripture is that man's first parents Adam and Eve rebelled against God and followed Satan instead. They weren't victims of Satan but rather willfully disobeyed God. They didn't even ask to be created yet God graciously created them for His glory that they might worship Him and glorify Him forever finding complete satisfaction in Him. What a priviledge to worship the Awesome, glorious, pure, all powerfull, loving God forever. The Lord didn't give them a choice but rather He gave them a command and they revolted against it. There were soo many other good trees and why someone would rebel against an altogether Holy, Righteous, and Beautiful God I do not know (but yet I know I would have done the same). But that day mankind spiritually died and God's curse came upon Satan and mankind. It was a terrible sin full of ungratefulness, selfishness, pride, unbelief, coveteousnes etc. It was rebellion against Christ, the one by whom and for whom they were created (Col 1:16).

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned--

Rom 5:19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

Upon the fall of Adam and Eve all mankind of been guilty of sin. There are no good or innocent people. Rom 3 9-20 says this well. There are no good atheist. Those who appear to be good on the outside have wicked hearts and they dont do their "good" works for God's glory, but rather for their own reputation's sake or for pride.

The fall is the reason for the beginning of temporal judgments from God, such as physical death, disease, thorns, floods, sweat etc. But all the outward judgments of God point to the greater inner reality that mankind is spiritually dead toward God and turned against Him. It not merely what men do, but the very state of their hearts and minds toward God.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience--
Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Rom 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

Mar 7:20 And he said, "What comes out of a person is what defiles him.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery,
Mar 7:22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person."

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

Eze 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? (Jer 17:9)

The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray from birth, speaking lies. (Psa 58:3)

Gen 6:5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Rom 8:8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin.

The greatest sin is the breaking of the highest law and the highest law is this.
Mar 12:30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
All sin hangs upon this great law. All sin is rooted in not loving the Infinite God as His is worthy to be loved. We live in a world that smiles at sin and frown upon Christ. To be perfectly righteous one must every moment of his life obey this good command from the heart all of his life. But no one except Christ has done this. This is how far we have fallen short of His glory. We were all made in the image of God but now now it has been though not eradicated greatly defaced and twisted in every way. Lying isn't wrong just because is breaking some rule but rather because God is Truthful and to lie is not to rightly reflect His image. Rather it reflect the image of the devil instead. Adultery is wrong because God is not an adulterous but He is faithful to His bride etc. Everyone is a murderer and an adulterer at heart. Man if he could would storm the very throne of heaven and kill God and sit in His place( Tower of Babel). This is the heart of man. Christ frees a man from a demon and others try to push Him off a cliff. The One by whom and for whom all things were made. All men are haters of God. Rom 1:30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,

Because of all this all mankind is rightly under the wrath of God. As Jesus said on the broad way headed to destruction. This is why the flood came and why Sodom was destroyed, great examples of God's judgment. All men have something of God's law written on their heart and have a conscience. They know that there is a God and they know they should do good, but what they do know about God they suppress because they hate Him and they want to continue in unrighteousness. Every soul that sins will die. Everyone apart from conversion is marching into hell. 1Co 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I believe there is a principle of greater and lesser punishment. Those who recieved not only natural revelation but Gospel revelation will be held to even greater punishment, more stripes. However nonetheless all are guilty of countless sins against God and to face eternal damnation with fewer stripes than others is a prospect to horrifying to imagine. Who knows the power of His anger? God is just and He cannot pass over any sin. For Him to pass over just one sin would ungod Him. It would defraud His character. His own throne is upheld with righteousness and justice.

This may be helpful. A Jew(physical descendant of Abraham) is simply a Gentile with greater revelation. God in grace gave the Jews written revelation and knowledge of the coming Messiah. But every Jew who only had the letter of the law, but not saving faith in Christ nor the indwelling of the Holy Spirit was in all reality no better then any of the gentiles. This is why many of the Jews were so wicked, because they were the same as the gentiles, just with a little "religious" exterior". Some just flat out were lawless and altogether pagan. Other Jews thought they could earn their own salvation by their own works and twisted the word of God they had received into a religion of works. They werent good people, but god haters. They looked "good" on the exterior but like Jesus said on the inside they were filthy. They tried to look like believers on the outside, in order to satisfy their own pride, but on the inside, in their hearts they were gentiles. But praise be to God's grace there were some Jews who truly knew their own sinfulness and wretchedness before God and they had the Holy Spirit and were cast upon the coming Christ by faith alone looking unto Him for redeemption. These Jews were the ones who realized that all the sacrifices were only shadows and types. God in grace saved some of the gentiles as well. But most of the Jewish nation was just as unrighteous and the pagans around them. And any Gentile, apart from God's saving grace, would have acted just like the lost jews did. They would have either remained lawless with a little religion or they would have become self righteous monsters, but lost nonetheless. This is why the pharisees in the NT hated Christ. Because they were haters of God and they had twisted the revelation that was given them. They thought they were good when they were wicked. They did't want Christ or His salvation.

This is to prove that all men are the same at heart. Give any Gentile what the Jews had but without conversion and they would end up either lawless wicked Jews or proud pharisees. This is why it is not physical circumcision that matters but the inner circumcision of regeneration and conversion.
Rom 2:28 For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical.
Rom 2:29 But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

It could be said this way. I don't want to be presuming on what you have said. But it sounds like you are saying that all of mankind is now under the blood of Christ and if they don't hear the Gospel in this life God will still allow them into heaven. That faith is only neccesary for them to enter into the full benefits of the Gospel. As Platt said if this is true the worst thing we could do is take the Gospel to the nations, because doubtless some who hear it will reject it and if they would have went to heaven had they not heard it it would have been better never to have taken it to them. But surely this is wrong, for Christ said to take the Gospel to the nations, no one can have faith without the hearing of the word. Scripture says that we are saved by grace through faith alone in Christ and His blood. Christ's blood has no benefit to anyone redemptively unless that person has saving Gospel faith in Christ. People aren't innocent until the day they first hear the Gospel, they are guilty every day of their existence for every sin they have committed and their only hope is to find pardon for sin and righteousness in Christ. Man is not in a neutral state, but either a slave to Satan or to Christ. Luk_11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

If people don't have faith then they are relying on the works of the law and no one will be justified by the works of the law.

Gal_2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

If one has not faith in Christ then in order to be righteous before God they have to have a perfect record of righteousness and no one in this world has ever had that, except Christ.

Maybe this helps,,

praise God for Jesus Christ
Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us--for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"--
Gal 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

2012/12/9 18:24Profile

Re:

Well done brother Rick. I normally do not read such long posts but I enjoyed that. Now on to the discussion.

Quote:
I don't want to be presuming on what you have said. But it sounds like you are saying that all of mankind is now under the blood of Christ and if they don't hear the Gospel in this life God will still allow them into heaven. That faith is only neccesary for them to enter into the full benefits of the Gospel.

Let me first say that I am on the fence on what I said in my first post concerning this. It's not set in stone yet.

What I am suggesting is that all of the sins of mankind have been atoned for by the blood of the lamb. This is probably the best way of saying this than to say that all of mankind is under the blood.

And no, just because sinful man's sin have been atoned, if he remains a sinner and does not believe the gospel, he will be separated from God forever.

When I was reading your post. A question came to me and I want to ask it.

What makes a man righteous? Faith or the blood?

I look forward to your thoughts.

2012/12/9 22:00
therick2018

Re:

Approved,

If all of the sins of mankind have been atoned for then how can God send any individual in this group to hell? How would that be just? If all sin of all peoples has been atoned for then that even includes the sin of unbelief and of spurning the Gospel of Christ. When God justifies someone they cannot be condemned. If their sins are paid for then they are paid for. God's justice is satisfied and the demands of His law fully met. Hell would be empty.

Thanks for the question, I'm sorry, should have clarified. That which makes a man righteous is Christ and Him crucified, His blood and righteousness. Not Faith. It is not faith that makes righteous, but the object of faith. Faith is the eye which cannot look at itself.

2012/12/9 22:29Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, thank God we don't live under justice;we live under mercy.Jesus did come to save the world not to condemn it.Jesus defeated sin,death and hell at the cross. why do christians want everyone but themselves to go to hell. we serve a risen ,victoreous saviour.believe into Jesus and you are hid with Christ in God.jimp if you want to please the church folk just tell them that everone but us is going to hell.

2012/12/9 23:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Those that are to be saved, restassured they will be saved. This has nothing to do with man except to believe through faith given to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Making Him by God in us our wisdom, reighteousness, sanctification and redemption. This is our glory and knowing that we are saved, "He who has the Son has life and he who does not have the Son does not have life.

1 John 5:9-13 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

There is only one way to get the Son; As the Father gives his own chosen children, the offspring of God to the Son, they are saved and saved and none will be lost.

oh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

This is who the Father sees in me; Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Col 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Praise God He will complete this good work He has begun in us. Praise God He will not fail, as I have, as I do and as I will fail, but in Christ by the Fathers Seed I am perfect by the Christ that has been birthed in me and Jesus Christ will not fail either.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Christ is all of Chapter 13, we are all of Chapter 13 because of Christ that is in us and He is now our life. He is come.

1 Corinthians 13:10-13 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

His Spirit is come in us and the Holy Spirit is come in us to perfect our minds to the mind of Christ, there is only one left to be perfected as He is perfect and that will be changed on resurrection day with our new bodies, just like His, being revealed to all of God's Kingdom and heavenly host and us living in His house that Jesus is preparing for the offspring of God.

In Christ: which is Gods plan even before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

With The Holy Spirit in us and The Son and Father making their abode with us, we are truly the offspring of God.

In Him the Three and One by Christ in us:

Phillip

2012/12/10 3:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Those that are to be saved, restassured they will be saved. This has nothing to do with man except to believe through faith given to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Making Him by God in us our wisdom, reighteousness, sanctification and redemption. This is our glory and knowing that we are saved, "He who has the Son has life and he who does not have the Son does not have life.

1 John 5:9-13 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

There is only one way to get the Son; As the Father gives his own chosen children, the offspring of God to the Son, they are saved and saved and none will be lost.

oh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

This is who the Father sees in me; Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Col 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Praise God He will complete this good work He has begun in us. Praise God He will not fail, as I have, as I do and as I will fail, but in Christ by the Fathers Seed I am perfect by the Christ that has been birthed in me and Jesus Christ will not fail either.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Christ is all of Chapter 13, we are all of Chapter 13 because of Christ that is in us and He is now our life. He is come.

1 Corinthians 13:10-13 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

His Spirit is come in us and the Holy Spirit is come in us to perfect our minds to the mind of Christ, there is only one left to be perfected as He is perfect and that will be changed on resurrection day with our new bodies, just like His, being revealed to all of God's Kingdom and heavenly host and us living in His house that Jesus is preparing for the offspring of God.

In Christ: which is Gods plan even before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

With The Holy Spirit in us and The Son and Father making their abode with us, we are truly the offspring of God.

In Him the Three and One by Christ in us: Our Father in us, our sonship by the Son and Parakleet Teacher in us sealed forever.

Phillip

2012/12/10 3:04Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy