SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Red Moon Rising (What time do you Have?)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Red Moon Rising (What time do you Have?)

I would like you all to look at your Watch and tell me what time it is.

My Clock Shows about 10 Minutes to MidNight.

The Time Zone I’m in iz Armageddon Central.

PS. Soldiers of GOD Unite and Fight.

PPS. I have been Attacked allot lately How bout U guys?

2005/2/25 21:19Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Red Moon Rising (What time do you Have?)

Quote:

AgesofWar wrote:
PPS. I have been Attacked allot lately How bout U guys?

I'm beginning to think that a christian that isn't being attacked, whether it be by the devil, the world, or the church, at some point isn't a true christian (2 Tim 3:12).

2005/2/26 1:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Does seem to be an area of consideration that hasn't been brought up a lot lately. Just who and what it is we are warring against.

Would go a bit farther in just seeing the meddling going on around here at times, especially of late.

But to preempt that a bit, received the following this morning:

"God resists the proud" (James 4:6).

"The automatic assumption is that anything which resists us or hinders us is of satanic origin. That is, if we encounter difficulty in our spiritual walk, our first reaction is to rebuke the devil, or ask the saints to pray for us to have a clear way. Certainly the devil will attempt to hinder us from anything we undertake that glorifies God and threatens the darkness. Yet we learn from James 4:6 that there is Someone else who can resist us. There is Another Who carefully watches what we do, and frequently hinders us from making progress.
It comes as a shock and surprise to some Christians to see one day that God, not the devil, is resisting them. The Lord Himself resists us, closes doors, causes things to be unfruitful, and spoils all our plans. How so? Because "God resists the proud." This resistance from God is insurmountable. It is a fearful thing to fight the Lord. We spend most of our lives wrestling with God instead of cooperating with God, and in the end we have nothing to show for it. So much time and effort is wasted because we proceed in our own, stubborn way. We attribute all difficulties to the devil, or to other people, or our circumstances, or our environment, and fail to recognize that the Lord Himself is resisting us".

Chip Brogden

Copyright ©1997-2005 Watchman.Net
Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.

To subscribe to Infinite Supply, please visit:
http://www.watchman.net/daily
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AoW...

No way want to discount your thoughts here, have had some attacks personally and the grieving over what happens in this forum at times....The real possibilities seems to be a stirring up of the Brethren, [i]but[/i] I also wonder as this article mentions...
Could it be the Lord?
Had been brooding on this in recent days in a way. What if it is the Lord Himself trying to get our attention by in effect saying;
"Look at your heart's"
"Look at your words to each other"
"How can you react to your brother with contempt and bitterness, with bitting words"
"Can't you see the pride"
"And the anger"?

Could it be that HE is exposing us and we miss it?

Actually, you are proposing two questions. One 'personal' and the other to the times we are living in. Speculations are difficult if not impossible as to what time it is to the Lord and to His drawing nigh. But will say that it surely does look like the vast majority have become absorbed with themselves. Say that with sadness.

The devil is very successful it seems these days in what he is bent on, blindness, fooling the world into thinking everything is going to be all right. Dulling the conscience. Managing to even get the church lulled into forgetting about the last great step out of this temporary existence;

Death.

Am surprised how far down that has been suppressed.
[i]"Ye shall not surely die"[/i]

Not today anyway, that's far down the road, don't worry about it.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems short of some calamity, no one wants to hear it...[i]"and stopped their ears[/i]" (Acts 7:57), even then, the question always seems to be "How can God allow this?" rather than, "This is my fate also".

Would say he has been very active. Even if it's just to throw fuel on the bents of a human unregenerate heart.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

We certainly are making progress alright, right into a nice comfortable sleep. The world has gone mad.

2005/2/26 7:39Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Reminder

Yes, I believe Satan does attack us but oftentimes the Lord exposes our own rebellion, our own hardness of heart.

When the Lord exposes sin in my heart do I blame Satan (as Eve did) or do I simply repent?

Brother Mike quoted from James 4:6 and look at the following verse (from the KJV) Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

When we submit to God, Satan always has to flee. The converse is true as well so if I don't submit to God than Satan does not have to flee.

My prayer for my own heart is that I fully submit to God in every way He is calling me to submit. After all, He is God and I am not.

2005/2/26 9:29Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I would like to echo what Mike and Ed have said also with this passage from Streams in the Desert that I just happened to read yesterday (it's from May 13)

Often it is simply the answers to our prayers that cause many of the difficulties in the Christian life. We pray for patience, and our Father sends demanding people our way to test us to the limit; for "tribulation worketh patience."

We pray for a submissive spirit, and God sends sufferings; for "we learn obedience by the things we suffer- as Christ did."

We pray for unselfishness, and God gives us opportunities to sacrifice ourselves by thinking on the things of others, and by laying down our lives for the brethren.

We pray for strength and humility, and some messenger of Satan torments us until we lie in the dust crying for its removal.

We pray, "Lord, increase our faith," and money seems to take wings and fly away; or the children are alarmingly ill; or a servant comes who is careless, extravagant, untidy or slow, or some hitherto unknown trial calls for an increase of faith along a line where we have not needed to exercise much faith before.

We pray for a Christlike life that exhibits the humility of a lamb, and are given a portion of lowly service, or we are unjustly accused and given no opportunity to explain; for "he was led as a lamb to the slaughter and…opened not his mouth."

We pray for gentleness, and there comes a perfect storm of temptation to harshness and irritability. We pray for quietness, and every nerve is strung to the utmost tension, so that looking to Him we may learn that when He giveth quietness, no one can make trouble.

We pray for love, and God sends peculiar suffering and puts us with apparently unlovely people, and lets them say things which rasp the nerves and lacerate the heart; for love suffereth long and is kind, love is not impolite, love is not provoked. LOVE BEARETH ALL THINGS, believeth, hopeth and endureth, love never faileth. We pray for likeness to Jesus, and the answer is, "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." "Can thine heart endure, or can thine hands be strong?" "Are ye able?"

The way to peace and victory is to accept every circumstance, every trial, straight from the hand of a loving Father; and to live up in the heavenly places, above the clouds, in the very presence of the Throne, and to look down from the Glory upon our environment as lovingly and divinely appointed. --Selected

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/26 9:46Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Great posts guys. Yes, the days are short I believe. Much of what was prophesied is coming to pass before our very eyes........ungodliness, persecution of those who love Jesus, many "tares" in the churches, selfishness to the extreme, people making God into their own images, people calling evil "good" and good "evil"........many, many "sleeping" or saying "all is well, peace and safety"...........it's very troubling, but we know the "end" of all these things and that is our great comfort.

Even with all that though what Chanin said is true concerning our own walks with Christ.........what comes to us when we pray to become more Christlike, is just not comfortable. It is downright unbearable at times, yet, it is what is required to expose the iniquity in our own hearts (to remove the hypocrisy within ourselves when we sit in judgment of other's sins) as well as to strengthen us to be able to "endure to the end".

I have come to this final realization: all things that are allowed into our lives are because the LORD allows them. What we must do is truthfully search our hearts to see if what has come is a result of our own sin. If yes, repent. If no, ask the Lord to help walk in humility and agape love through the tribulation, knowing that HE is doing a good work, even though it may not appear to be so. It is a HARD life to be a believer in Christ (the narrow road), but it is WORTH it in the end. Just my thoughts. Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

2005/2/26 10:24Profile
moreofHim

Re: amen

Amen, Cindy! :)

2005/2/26 11:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: riches

Rich words here Chanin and Cindy.

Quote:
I have come to this final realization: all things that are allowed into our lives are because the LORD allows them. What we must do is truthfully search our hearts to see if what has come is a result of our own sin. If yes, repent. If no, ask the Lord to help walk in humility and agape love through the tribulation, knowing that HE is doing a good work, even though it may not appear to be so. It is a HARD life to be a believer in Christ (the narrow road), but it is WORTH it in the end. Just my thoughts. Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

It is 'hard' but as these things whitle us down more and more it gets 'easier' in the sense of
Quote:
The way to peace and victory is to accept every circumstance, every trial, straight from the hand of a loving Father; and to live up in the heavenly places, above the clouds, in the very presence of the Throne, and to look down from the Glory upon our environment as lovingly and divinely appointed

That's a classic devotional Chanin thanks for the reminder. Here's a bit more on it:

[url=http://www.backtothebible.org/devotions/bio_cowman.htm]http://www.backtothebible.org/devotions/bio_cowman.htm[/url]

And this looks interesting as well... I am a happy little rabbit :-) [url=http://oxford-institute.org/pdfs/WorkingGroup3/3scriptual-Choi.pdf]http://oxford-institute.org/pdfs/WorkingGroup3/3scriptual-Choi.pdf[/url]

2005/2/26 15:24Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Quote:
I have been Attacked allot lately How bout U guys?

Amos 3:4-5 - [i]"Does a lion roar in the thicket when he has no prey? Does he growl in his den when he has caught nothing? Does a bird fall into a trap on the ground where no snare has been set? Does a trap spring up from the earth when there is nothing to catch?"[/i]

These two profound verses show me that the only time I get attacked, fall, stumble, sin or whatever is due to my own letting down of guard and my own allowance.

1 Peter 5:8 - [i]"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."[/i]

Satan can't touch you unless you step out from God.

If it isn't an issue of stumbling and sin, then don't give Satan any credit for it! (As said above, Satan should have no credit for anything) It is God's hand working you as a potter, and this can be both painful or pleasureable, but most often painful.

God bless,
-Eli

2005/2/26 20:22Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Quote:

JOB.

Elijah ran into the wilderness and found himself being hunted by Jezebel.
Question was he Being Attacked Personally?

When the 3 Friends of JoB started accusing him of being a Bad Guy Where they Right?
When the young priest started saying how bad Job was and that he deserved it Was he Right?

Jesus Said to Peter, "Satan has ASKED to sift you like Wheat".
Question: Did Satan actually ask the Almighty to Attack Peter in some one on one type combat?

Question: Does God allow Satan to Attack his People?

Have you not ever had someone get mad at you when you where innocent?
Ever get sick even though you where right with GOD?

What you said is true
Quote:

Yet in this life there will be sufferings, Persecutions, and all manner of attacks on God's Chosen.

Was Steven "stepping out from God" when he was being Stoned?

Now he would of been stepping out from God if he was getting stoned in the sence, we know it to mean in today's world.

:-P

2005/2/26 20:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy