SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawkins Foundation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

dottiejean....
The religious charlatans are being exposed?

YAY !!!!!!!!!!

I have prayed for this for a long time and prayed that members of the church would wake up to these wolves in sheep's clothing. They are masterful in their deceit. It's way past time for the Body to stop being so naive.

I would be careful in giving the members of the Church to much credit for exposing them, matter fact, it's probably quite the opposite, but as an optimist myself, I Love your optimism.

2012/8/28 20:06Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Hi MrBillPro....Yeah, you're right....maybe I'm the one being naive...ha...about them being fully exposed.

But(without naming names), I have noticed off and on over the years that some of those vampires have been exposed. I only wish that it could go all the way.

What I mean by that is for their "ministries" to completely fail (go bankrupt), and for a good portion of them to end up in the slammer for many years so that they are unable to start up a new "ministry" once again...like some have done. It seems that most of the time they just get their wrist slapped, pay a fine, and then are back at it again. They are relentless.

Comfort comes in knowing that one day soon they will pay heavily in His all-consuming Presence. BLESS GOD !!!

2012/8/31 2:02Profile
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re:

In our bid to "expose" our Brothers in error, let's ensure its done in Love and not in the spirit of strife. Let's also not be over-zealous and wiser. Than the LOrd Of harvest who preferred to wait till the Harvest to separate the wheat from the tares.

2012/8/31 3:31Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
In our bid to "expose" our Brothers in error

televangelists who lie cheat and steal from widows and poor people are your brothers? i wouldnt advertise that around. doesnt the good book speak harshly about liars cheats and theives?

2012/8/31 7:26Profile

Re:

Let's not confuse scriptures on wheat and tares (real believers and false ones), from scriptures on true shepherds and wolves. BIG DIFFERENCE! Paul said that there would come "ravenous wolves, sparing not the flock". They are referred to as "wolves in Sheep's clothing". Jesus said, "by their fruit you will recognize them" (bad trees and good trees representing teachers. Paul said, "don't even let them in your house, & so be a partaker in their deeds." Paul said "mark them" (false teachers who live as covetous).
In fact, it even says of "those who call themselves BELIEVERS, if they are covetous, idolaters, sexually immoral, (etc., etc.), with a such a man do not even eat."
Lets not try to be "so accepting" that we somehow find ourselves more so than Paul, John, Peter, James, & Jesus. That can cross over from "loving and acceptable" to undiscerning, gullible, and foolish. Make no mistake about it, these filthy rich "mega-church pastors" who fleece the flock for their own selfish desires are not really neither "pastors" (shepherds), nor "brethren". They are ravenous wolves who fleece and spare not the flock, consuming their idolatrous and covetous lists at the expense of the sheep. That's not "unloving", that's the perfectly loving truth in God's Word to love and protect the undiscerning sheep avoid being ravaged by Satan and his minions.

2012/8/31 9:18
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawki

The ungodly may expose motivated by malice as dawkins has. I thought the saints were motivated by love to 'cover a multitude of sins". Jesus warns us to beware of the "false", but I wonder what spirit motivates a true believer to expose rather than cover out of love, humility, and brokenness.

Russ

2012/8/31 11:58Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

so let me understand this: christian are to cover up sin? isnt that what the catholic church has done? what is the difference? i do not think that is what the good book meant.

2012/8/31 12:02Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have to maintain a Godly spirit in my walk to maintain the rest that is in Christ. these men who have kissed Jesusfor 30 pieces of silver and more will one day stand before that same Jesus to answer for their actions. i cannot throw any stones. i have known some of these guys and have rested in the fact that they will have their payday from God.i hate everything about these actions but am restrained.jimp

2012/8/31 14:52Profile

Quote:
What I mean by that is for their "ministries" to completely fail (go bankrupt), and for a good portion of them to end up in the slammer for many years so that they are unable to start up a new "ministry" once again...like some have done. It seems that most of the time they just get their wrist slapped, pay a fine, and then are back at it again. They are relentless. dottiejean

It needs to be remembered that many of these ministries are in fact married men with families. Whilst exposing them may seem like an accomplishment it may turn out to mean the destruction of yet another family. Who amongst us would cast the first stone at a man and his wife and children?

Quote:
The ungodly may expose motivated by malice as dawkins has. I thought the saints were motivated by love to 'cover a multitude of sins". Jesus warns us to beware of the "false", but I wonder what spirit motivates a true believer to expose rather than cover out of love, humility, and brokenness.

Russ

Amen.

Quote:
In our bid to "expose" our Brothers in error, let's ensure its done in Love and not in the spirit of strife. Let's also not be over-zealous and wiser. Than the LOrd Of harvest who preferred to wait till the Harvest to separate the wheat from the tares. endlessjoe.

Amen

The Lord has given gifts of men to deal with those pastors who have become as Balaam the prophet. In the end the cost to them may be greater than we are able to imagine easily. To condemn all of them as wolves is to misunderstand what a wolf really is and what being a “Balaam” really is though he is a pastor. He may be simply a brother or else he may well be a wolf. If he is a brother and not given as a pastor he may have been falsely encouraged. His love for money may be incidental even as many businessmen who take the name of Christ cause stumbling because of their love of money, yet they may believe. If he is a pastor he will be found in the day of the Lord to have lorded it over the flock and his end may be that he is rent asunder and put out of the Kingdom until that great and terrible day of the Judgement of the Dead. If he is a wolf in the fullness of time he will be driven out or else he will leave not desiring to suffer for the Lord’s sake in the day of tribulation. The Lord is the judge of these things and whether through his servants the apostles and prophets or through tribulation every man will be sifted by God.

Lest we forget it has been the chasing after these men that has contributed to their rise in every age. Who can say that they have not chased after a man at some time hoping to hear from the Lord? Let him cast the first stone! Unless we put our confidence in the Lord Himself, birth, life, death and resurrection, we will always be inclined to chase after men.

If you say that you have authority to deal with these men directly then learn how to weep for them. Therein lies their hope and God’s mercy. If you have never chased after a man then cast the stone, but remember that in casting the stone you may be condemning your self also. The Lord has His answer for these men and it will include an opportunity to repent or else to flee from their greed.

Richard Dawkin's is a deluded and decieved man whos opposition to the Truth is almost complete. He may well prove to be an instrument of exposure, but it will be to condemn and not to bless. He hates God and despises Christ. His efforts will prove to be at the cost of those who have chased after men and not those who have decieved men by saying "follow me".

2012/8/31 15:32
beekpr

oops-i accidently hit "submit" twice and was unable to cancel post.

2012/8/31 21:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy