SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Skirts Only?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
mama27

Skirts Only?

PLEASE - I am not wishing to start debate....I am just curious if anyone on this forum is skirts only?

2012/8/16 21:27Profile
MaryJane

Re: Skirts Only?

by mama27 on 2012/8/16 15:27:30

PLEASE - I am not wishing to start debate....I am just curious if anyone on this forum is skirts only?

Greeting mama27
I am not one who wears only dresses or skirts but I do my best to dress modestly and like a female even though I do wear jeans and knee length shorts.

Do you mind if I ask why this question has come up? Is it something that is troubling you or that you are seeking the LORD on?

God Bless
maryjane

2012/8/16 22:36Profile
mama27

Re:

I can't go into great detail, MaryJane. But one sees skirts-only among the Mennonites, and one used to see it among the Baptists several decades back. Actually it is fairly recently in all the centuries of history that women took to wearing pants. I have had convictions along those lines, but I do not live among Mennonite people. Because of that I feel very much alone. I just wondered how alone I was on this forum....

I really, really do not want to start people arguing or debating. I was only wondering....

2012/8/16 22:52Profile

I am going to skirt the issue.

2012/8/16 22:56
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am just curious if anyone on this forum is skirts only?

Sister, I can imagine how one can feel if you are the only person really trying to make an attempt to dress modest in a contemporary church. such is an uphill battle. Though the dangers are self-righteous and pride so to practice loving other sisters and never wanting to impose your standard on them can be a freeing thing.

This is an excellent video on this subject:

Ladies, What Do Your Clothes Say About You? (Modesty Part I) | CJ Mahaney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtjS7UIcUw&feature=fvwrel

My precious wife wears even a headcovering as a conviction of her heart but she is free to never judge other sisters who don't. We must follow the Lord in our heart. Be encouraged you are doing a good thing by trying to be modest in "heart" and life.

2012/8/16 23:05Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by mama27 on 2012/8/16 16:52:31

I can't go into great detail, MaryJane. But one sees skirts-only among the Mennonites, and one used to see it among the Baptists several decades back. Actually it is fairly recently in all the centuries of history that women took to wearing pants. I have had convictions along those lines, but I do not live among Mennonite people. Because of that I feel very much alone. I just wondered how alone I was on this forum....

I really, really do not want to start people arguing or debating. I was only wondering....

Oh I feel like I put you on the spot with my reply. I am so sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I did not mean to.

I do understand how you are feeling though and will pray for you.

God bless you
maryjane

2012/8/16 23:36Profile
mama27

Re:

You didn't put me on the spot Mary Jane...it's just hard to explain w/o starting debate...I am seeing my adult daughters possibly taking a different position if I read between the lines. Indeed most of the Church seems fine with pants except for the group I mentioned. It must be the heart, and not outward conformity. But I feel very alone...So I wondered if that was the case here as well.

Brother Greg, thank you for your comments. And the video was excellent - I had not seen it...

2012/8/16 23:54Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re:

Dear Mama27

Your not alone, I only wear LONG skirts too, I feel this is a more modest type of dress, as trousers seem to show off a womans shape much more. I also make sure my daughter is always dressed in a skirt/dress too, and I hope she will continue this way of dress when she is older. I got a new sewing machine for my birthday so I am hoping to learn how to make my own clothes soon, as its proving to be very hard to find modest clothes nowadays.

Not trying to start a debate but simply to encourage.

Blessings to you

2012/8/17 3:29Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re:

I have a good dvd on modest dress its called: Dressing for the Lord by David w. cloud. Near the start of the dvd he gives some testimonies of what men think about modest dress, and how much they are stumbled when a women dresses immodest. I found it quite interesting, but also encouraging to know that I am doing the right thing by my fellow brothers by dressing modest.

2012/8/17 3:43Profile
FreeSparrow

Just passing through

I was convicted about dress shortly after coming to Christ. I have only wore skirts since then. I feel I am more modest this way...and feminine. My desire is to please Jesus Christ. :)

2012/8/17 6:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy