SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with other house church networks, movements etc, but brother Greg and others have seen a NEED for a NEW THING to rise up.

Amen. May God be glorified as it is not just myself but "so many" who have had the same burdens and heart for the church in North America. I believe God is doing all of this and it is His work, we are simply networking many brothers of like-mind.

2012/8/16 0:26Profile
notlongnow

Re: New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

I have to say it's a bit dissapointing to see this is only going to be for North American fellowships. We are all in the same boat worldwide. I pray that fellowships outside of North America will be able to be added.
God bless

2012/8/16 4:49Profile

Re: New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Quote:
I truly believe that the "Gospel Felloship" network is God birthed and will grow and be a powerful Kingdom force as brothers and sisters of kindred spirit link shoulders. I believe that being part of a house church movement, means that we have to have a whole lot more in common with each other the mere fact that we "we meet in homes" Christ must be central, Christ and His call on our lives must be our focus. There is little to no passion in the house church "streams" that I have been a part of to actually preach the unadulterated gospel and to make disciples. Awakened.

The mere fact that we meet in homes is no guarantee of anything. It needs to be remembered that the” house” is synonymous with the “household”. The cult of family is a root of destruction to the true meaning of “the body.” It is one thing to speak of the church in a particular house, but it is another to join in with a family only to realise that the basis of meeting together whilst stated and intended to be the Lord Jesus Himself, turns out to be on the basis of heads of households and not the Lordship of Christ. If what we intend is to flee away from the “church edifice” of buildings with all of the implications that these things have on the body, both financial as well as governmentally, we will be in for a terrible reality check if heads of households begin to direct things. Spiritual abuse is precisely getting the foundation wrong. It will lead to every kind of perversity if those who do move into this simplicity of meeting in houses do not take account of the reality that in those houses are heads of households. If the desire to network has more to do with “somewhere” to go when the mainstream church finally shows its hand in such a way that those who really want to serve God faithfully and with a good conscience, are driven out, then this is no doubt something attending to what is already discerned by many.

It isn’t difficult to see where this is going. What is impossible to know is where it will end. Yes and in that alone we must trust in the Lord Jesus to keep us from abuse and do a good work in us.

2012/8/16 6:20

Re:

Amrkelly,

I have been considering and praying about a home church for the past six months, so I spoke with Greg on the phone last night, and your concern regarding the head of the household holding all the cards is not a part of the home church mission. In fact, in many instances it is to avoid the perversity that is present in the structural churches, the false doctrines, and milk toast messages.

If I understood Greg's heart, he envisions each saint contributing equally, and not one person high-jacking the meeting (which will be a challenge for some if the threads are indicative of the types of people), resulting in a cult-like atmosphere. Further, those groups will be men approved and in good standing.

I was blessed to be under Pastor Robert B. Thompson for 30 years (his messages are featured on this site), but had to move to another state take care of my Mom. I've attended about 10 different churches here and they range from a Circus du Soleil performances, to dry, twisted scriptures, and finally, weak ineffective messages.

I agree with you - if you have found a godly church, rooted in Christ with the structure that God has ordained and blessed - by all means stay. But the end times are upon us, and we need to realize that soon it may be against the law to have non-government sanctioned church gathering. God is on the move, and we need to be in prayer to understand what the end time church will look like. Elijah felt he was the only Christian left, and God reminded him that there were 7,000 that had not bowed the knee to Baal. This move is simply to connect the 7.000 (a figurative number) in a cloaked fashion, a figurative catacomb if you will.

As Godly Pastors continue to be arrested for preaching against homosexuality and other Biblical topics, they will face jail time and the shutting down of their church. This move is simply a plan for Godly meetings or for those whose churches have watered down their messages to appease the masses and boost the offerings.

Finally, I am gifted with discernment. If I believe that the group is "off" in some way, I would not continue to attend. If they are not rock-solid, they may be part of the problem rather than solution and when the going gets tough, turn our names in to the authorities. Our own personal walk with the Lord needs to be paramount, so that we are sensitive to the leading of the Spirit.

Thanks for pointing out some of the pitfalls that will need to be addressed to launch this vision successfully.

Blessings.

2012/8/16 10:13
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If I understood Greg's heart, he envisions each saint contributing equally, and not one person high-jacking the meeting (which will be a challenge for some if the threads are indicative of the types of people), resulting in a cult-like atmosphere. Further, those groups will be men approved and in good standing.

Just to clarify what the sister is sharing, we do believe strongly in the need for leadership but not just one leader but hundreds, so therefore each meeting is not looking towards one man but rather the Lord Jesus Christ. there will be those more gifted in each body but their role will be to servant and get below the others to encourage them to share and grow as disciples.

In each meeting brothers and sisters should be encouraged to share and prophesy as Corinthians says yet there can be someone gifted with teaching who will want to exercise that gifting. That does not have to happen every meeting but can.

In the end we want to see the entire body active, growing and fulfilling their role. Thus the true Shepherd is Jesus Christ, yet God will raise up shepherd's after his own heart in these groups also we believe.

Quote:
God is on the move, and we need to be in prayer to understand what the end time church will look like. Elijah felt he was the only Christian left, and God reminded him that there were 7,000 that had not bowed the knee to Baal. This move is simply to connect the 7.000 (a figurative number) in a cloaked fashion, a figurative catacomb if you will.

Amen sister!

If other brothers are feeling a burden to step out to start home meetings in their areas even if there are no others meeting with them right now do contact me: [email protected]

2012/8/16 12:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We are asking brothers and sisters to review this small booklet (that is still being written) to share feedback and ideas:

Guiding Principles
Unifying Disciplines for the Gospel
Fellowships - House Church Network
https://img.sermonindex.net/fellowships/guidingprinciples.pdf

Our desire is that the network of house churches and small meetings starting as house churches would all contribute and be a part of this and it is not an idea of one person.

Thus there is unity and growth in what God is doing.

2012/8/16 15:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Saints,

we have re-done the Find Fellowship page to make the intentions more clear and helpful for those who feel led to consider being involved: https://www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/

Also you can read the same information on www.gospelfellowships.net

2012/8/18 20:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Saints,

Through the counsel of some brothers and considering it more before the Lord I have decided to take down the Fellowship Finder link at this time. There are some reasons for this.

1. The burden the Lord has laid on my heart and other brothers for more home churches is something that not everyone on sermonindex would agree with.

2. I do not want to use the website for a personal platform even for some steps of faith I take in my personal walk with the Lord and towards future ministry.

3. We do not want to "only" recommend these meetings called "Gospel Fellowships" we want to be able to recommend other churches too on sermonindex that are biblical and teaching the word.

4. We are in the beginning stages of this burden and perhaps if ever it would be setup within sermonindex this would have to prayed over much more and considered more greatly because of implications.

we encourage saints on the forums here to consider reading the book we have put together to consider involvement personally, whether that is connecting other others in your local area or listing your home fellowship / gathering meeting.

The book is still in a rough draft but much more closer to completion here: http://www.gospelfellowships.net

We are exciting to see already over 5 house churches involved and some other smaller groups. May the Lord Himself continue to guide and be who we all look to for direction.

2012/8/24 23:52Profile
iceman9

New York

Re:

Greg,

Any updates on the "Fellowship Finder" feature?

It could be helpful to locate other like minded sermonindex fans in our areas.

2012/9/25 23:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

At this point through counsel and prayer we have decided not to have an official fellowship finder on the site because of the lack of time to vet and ensure the fellowships we would send people to are legitimate.

We have though in the same spirit of this launched: www.gospelfellowships.net where we are offering a free ebook (still being worked on) and our encouragement to try and find others in your local area to have fellowship with.

We are going to allow this to come together of the Lord and not try and connect people on the site through a "finder' in the future there could be the possibility of some regional small gatherings to simply encourage saints in that area and to encourage them to meet together under the headship of Jesus Christ encouraging each other in their walks with the Lord.

Thanks for your interest brother.

2012/9/25 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy