SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
lindi1208

Re:

Dear Brother

Praise God almighty for what He is doing through Sermonindex. May this site continue to bring glory to His name.This is a welcome addition onto the site. Is there any plans for starting house churches in the UK also?

Love in Christ

2012/8/14 0:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is there any plans for starting house churches in the UK also?

Dear Sister, At this point our burden is specifically North America. I really cannot imagine it being beyond that at this point. From my knowledge there are quite a few networks of home churches in the UK, whether their spiritual tempature is high I cannot say.

I preached in a home church meeting in Wales a few years ago.

2012/8/14 1:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I hope many are able to view the new fellowship finder page: https://www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/

As you can notice we are starting to slowly list fellowships and small groups of brothers and sisters, once we finish the Guiding Principles booklet we will be able to add more fellowships that fully agree with the principles in the booklet.

But we are adding some fellowships already that I know have the same burden and vision. Simply we do not want to encourage the meeting of home churches that are anti-church buildings that that is the reason they meet, or anti-leadership or anti other things. We want groups to meet that realize yes it is more wise and biblical to meet in houses but more imporantly they have a burden to grow into the likeness of Jesus Christ, have Him as the head of their meeting and be disciplined in prayer, bible reading, and other important areas.

We do also want to encourage the meeting of home fellowships that are growing, evangelizing and passionate to bring the lost to Jesus Christ.

2012/8/14 12:42Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Encouiragement

This is GREAT, SI Moderators!

The worst deception which we feed to fellow believers is the idea that church is a building.

Your finger is right on the pulse point. I only have two members in our house church, though there are three members in our household. When I told our house church about this new Fellowship service, they wanted to open our church up to a few local family friends to attend.

Thank you for this, saints. I was reading through your "Guiding Principles" guide and loved how you wrote that "believers are to be the church" - not buildings. Indeed, all is not lost in this world.

When I attended a local church "building" - they had an excellent additional fellowship during the week called "Community Groups" which were comprised of small groups of members meeting in a home. Ashamedly, I enjoy this fellowhsip more than the big Sunday hat wearing, "Hoorah, Hullabalooh"! Yet, the church did away with it because they found that more members were attending the small "Community Groups" than the church building service. The church wanted to keep everyone in its building! This saddened me.

It was sad because the folks I attended the church building with would see each other in the community during the rest of the week and not even acknowledge that we were brothers and sisters. Yet, the folks who met in Community Groups were not like that at all. You could actually hug them in public. I noticed that some folks like to stay with the church building model because it creates a comfortable distance between each other. A distance which I have detested.

Yet, your house church service will create opportunities for believers to live out the Greatest Commandment regarding our neighbors. Christ makes himself so available through our brother not a building, right!

Thank You, again!

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/14 13:03Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

From the preamble: "Though we can remove fellowships at our discretion we do not control any meetings, all are automous and run by believers in their local areas. We simply pray that this will be a means of networking like-minded believers together and connecting them."

I like that emphasis, Greg--"we do not control any meetings, all are automous and run by believers in their local areas." That's good. If this outlook is held to-- if all are very careful to maintain a "hands off the ark" attitude-- this has the potential for good.

I'm just saying that I hope it doesn't become too "organized." Let it be just what is stated above-- simply a means of networking. A means by which believers might be able to find a local home fellowship. If it becomes much more than that... sadly it will end up becoming just another organized denomination.

...I also agree with the earlier poster who expressed that actual home addresses should not be displayed.

Allan Halton

2012/8/14 14:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm just saying that I hope it doesn't become too "organized." Let it be just what is stated above-- simply a means of networking. A means by which believers might be able to find a local home fellowship. If it becomes much more than that... sadly it will end up becoming just another organized denomination.

We fully agree brother, We simply want to lay out basic principles to ensure the fellowships that connect together are of like-mind, biblical and growing in the Lord. We do not endorse or want to connect with "all" of the current house churches in North America for there is a great lukewarmness in many of them just as in denominational churches.

I agree fully that we are not to control but to give resources, helps and encouraging the networking together as the Holy Spirit leads. This is key every step must be led of the Spirit. thank you for your encouragement and prayers for this.

2012/8/14 14:59Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re:

I had a chance to read through the "Guiding Principles" booklet. I found it to be very well written and generalized in statements of faith. I feel my group will be very welcoming to the idea. We will meet this Saturday as normal, and I will bring it up then. I am going on mission soon, so I will be out of touch for the next two or three weeks or so. I will be back on here within a month and should have a proposal for the moderators. This is a wonderful website and I feel God has used it for my sanctification. He will be glorified through this resource!

2012/8/14 17:20Profile
Sermonfield

Bridgewater, ME

Re: New SI Feature: Find Fellowship Section

Hi Brother Greg, I would like to talk to you this week about this. I have a question and we had talked about getting in contact about this anyway.

Thank you,
Jake Litchfield

2012/8/14 18:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

yes lets connect it would be great to have a time of fellowship.

2012/8/14 19:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I had a chance to read through the "Guiding Principles" booklet. I found it to be very well written and generalized in statements of faith. I feel my group will be very welcoming to the idea. We will meet this Saturday as normal, and I will bring it up then. I am going on mission soon, so I will be out of touch for the next two or three weeks or so. I will be back on here within a month and should have a proposal for the moderators. This is a wonderful website and I feel God has used it for my sanctification. He will be glorified through this resource!

That sounds wonderful brother.

On another note. If you are a pastor of an established denominational church one idea is to organize your church into small meetings that could allowed to be interdenominational during the week and these could be listed as Gospel Fellowships. I have been strongly encouraging pastors to do this for over 5 years now. If you are interested in this please send me an email: [email protected] and your phone number.

2012/8/15 12:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy