Discussion Forum : General Topics : depression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
"You show me someone who's depressed, and I'll show you an intercessor who isn't praying."

mmh? I think that is a bit too simplistic.

2005/2/19 5:53Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Has anyone mentioned Martin Lloyd Jones' book: Spiritual Depression; its causes and cure?

I don't have it to hand but I do remember one remark. He wrote: the trouble with Christians is that they don't talk to themselve enough, and they listen to themselves far too much.

You have to think it through but if you recall how frequently the psalmist spoke truth to himself you will see the point.

I will say to my soul... Stop listening to it and start talking to it, is what he was saying.

2005/2/19 5:57Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

Greetings to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ,
I'll quote Gideons:
I'll simply address this from my own perspective, with the acknowledgement that this is what the Lord has shown me regarding the state of my own heart. In other words, this is not a blanket statement about depression.

I was depressed for 20 (mine was not quite this long but was numbered in years, as well) years, which included hospitalization, medication for most of that 20 years, and therapies of different kinds all to no avail.
When I came to myself (as the prodigal son (I the daughter) did), Jesus broke this depression by the power of the blood. He broke it. 1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

I have spent a considerable amount of time praying about where the depression came from and was shown two specific sins in my heart. First, was unbelief and the second was rebellion. So the Lord has been purging these things out of my life.

Inserts: I might add PRIDE as a root of depression. Coupled with self pity, anger, self unforgiveness, stubbornness and many other SINS too numerous to name.

There's no blood in medicine but I know sometimes the Lord uses medicine. But I also believe in the great power of the blood of Jesus to break all rebellion, purge all unbelief, and as he has done that the fruit of the Spirit has sprung up in my Heart.

I too suffered from debilitating depression to the point of having to go on disability. Depression so severe, I could not function in a normal atmosphere. So severe, all I did for years was cry and wallow in the mire. I could not work, panic attacks accompanied that depression along with a host of other physical ailments.

Until one beautiful day August 2003 in Clearwater Beach, Florida, I watching the most incredible sunset ever. Our Lord reached out his hand and said, Behold, old things are passed away, all things are become new. It is time to yield to Me, my daughter. I had been running long enough. His Grace truly touched my heart, not just my head.

I have been delivered from this debilitating depression and no longer take medications for it. I found the rest and peace the scripture talks about in knowing how much "I AM" LOVED ME. As I daily yeild my members to His wishes, I find there is no depression to trap me behind those bars of inadequatacy or imprisonment. Praise HIS HOLY NAME!!! Those whom He sets free are free indeed. He came to set the captives free. By His stripes I am healed. The chastisement of my peace was upon Him. He was bruised for my iniquities. He came to bring health and healing to all these bones. We are His body and therefore as we yield to Him and surrender our wills to His we can have no depression to cling upon us. Some times this healing is a moment by moment call on my part. I am able to say, It is written when depression calls upon this doorpost. When we resist Satan must flee. The key for me has been the Lord Jesus Christ and acceptance of the forgiveness He offered. I have found the love I've spent my entire life looking for. This release and freedom has been a process of repentance and yielding to my Heavenly Father's wishes through the Lord Jesus Christ at the leading and comforting safety of the Holy Spirits revelation in my life...

Abide in Him and He in you.. stay in the WORD of GOD and let Jesus be made flesh in YOU...
I know there are those who are still taking medications, do not give up hope. Hold on the the hem of Jesus's garment and be like the woman with the issue of blood. BY faith, she was healed. Walk daily in HIM and let HIM bring comfort to you.
Just my two cents worth...
Blessings and grace to all. I speak freedom in Jesus name, AMEN (so be it)!
I remain,
Am_Lovin_HIM

2005/2/19 17:39Profile
moreofHim

Re: depression

Dorothy,

thank you for those encouraging words! Another Bro. on SI just mentioned to me about the woman with the issue of blood as well today and how that act of faith was so powerful.

Praise God for your freedom. May we all who suffer from depression and/or anxiety find this full freedom in the one who died so we could live free from bandage.

In His love, chanin

2005/2/19 21:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy