SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chick-Fil-A

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

I'm happy to see Chick-Fil-A got the great support it did. We do not know how many people in the queue were genuine Christians. It doesn't matter. What matters is that we can rejoice with our Christian brethen Chick-Fil-A over the support that God has shown them.

This verse comes to mind.

Humble yourselves and God will lift you up.Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares (1 Peter 5:6-7)

2012/8/2 16:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I wasn't speaking against what happened yesterday at Chick-Fil-A. I bought a chicken biscuit for many of the same reasons many others went to Chick-Fil-A. I think it was a good thing.

But driving home last night, the thought did occur to me that it was sorta a shame that as a church we are better at mobilizing for something like this than we are about getting together and praying. I think our zeal and focus, well intentioned as they might be, might be a little misplaced.

2012/8/2 20:24Profile

The Boston Tea Party was like this.....Moral outrage.

This event was a "Moral Outrage" protest, much more than it was a Spiritual Christian Contest. The moral fiber of Americans has been attacked, with an "In your Face" destruction of everything America has stood for.

Remember, "Mom, the flag, fried chicken and Apple pie?"....Mom does not matter now...It's two Dads in the New Sodomite Nation, and family values, which are in affect, BIBLE Values; Christian values, are being stomped into the gutter.

Remember; our Educational System WAS FOUNDED in Christian Church houses across America, after church service on Sundays, and after the crops were planted, and reaped. [ 1800s ] The Bible was the main source of READING AND WRITING! This is at the roots of our moral culture here.

All normal, healthy hetro-sexual people know, deep down, that this "Gay" thing is ugly, and sick, and of course, the Bible happens to point that out rather dramatically, as does human nature.

Chik-fil-a was the first major business that stood up against this tidal wave of permissive filth and said "ENOUGH!" and moral, healthy America responded with a hearty YEA!...but it wasn't all Christian! I would say it was mostly CONSERVATIVE, or Tea Party oriented.

This event was the very first time that Americans could voice their dissent. Our once Noble military has been defiled, and infiltrated with the PINK battalion; endorsed by the President, and flagrantly promoted by the Pentagon! This nauseates most Americans.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/california-military-gay-parade/index.html

Add to that, our educational systems, our grade schools and kindergartens, where Darwinism; promoting natural selection, teaches that children are born that way, and must be respected as normal and healthy; ALL ANTI-CHRIST!

Legislated morality....A sodomite Nation....and finally there was this event; promoted all over facebook, [ with the power of a thousand TV broadcasts] and Americans flocked to say; [ME TOO!].. but to put it into perspective, it was a political/moral protest; NOT a
Christian one, for there, ONLY Jesus is lifted up, and the Blood of His Cross.

At Chick Fil A...a moral stance was taken by millions of Family oriented Americans saying "STOP THE MADNESS!" It is sick, and destructive to our children!"

It is encouraging to know that so many at least know the wickedness and evil of it all. I put a sticker on my chest too, and stood with that crowd...in favor of the protest, but not necessarily in the spirit of Christ.

2012/8/3 7:41
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The Boston Tea Party was like this.....Moral outrage.

Dan Cathy who is the CEO for Chick Fil A made these comments: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about,"

I agree with him 100%, and our criticism should not be against Chick Fil A, but should be centered on the pastors of churches that are not taking a strong stand against same sex marriage.

Sure, there were people that showed up at Chick Fil A for the protest that wanted to make a political statement, but there were many that are sick and tired of being told that they are intolerant and bigots and that same sex marriage is normal. The homosexuals have unashamably broadcast in the news media that the problem is not with their lifestle but with all those that appose it.

At our work place, one of the guys picked up some breakfast for us at Chick Fil A, and then after work I went by there to order some food, but they were sold out. The manager of the store in Lake Charles actually gave his testimony to the crowd that showed up for lunch that day.

Mike

2012/8/3 8:27Profile

More of God in that fillet? After all, the chicken IS Kosher.

I was very encouraged, AbideinHim to hear your testimony, and the Christian side of the protest. After all, I just voiced my observation and opinion. [ From St. Louis, a Midwestern city]

KrispyKritter also gave a similar report, where there were actual Hymns and worship being sounded at the restaurant site. This amazes me. Are you from the south? I cannot imagine that happening around here.

Maybe, there is more of God in this than I suspected?

2012/8/3 8:53

Re: More of God in that fillet? After all, the chicken IS Kosher.

Yea Tom... from the south. North Carolina. We actually have 4 Chick-Fil-A's around the Asheville area (and we are not a large city). I know two of the owners personally... they are solid Christian men, and they homeschool thier kids.

All 4 CFA's ran out of food on Wednesday.

Altho it will turn my stomache today, I am going back there for lunch today to show my support because all the homosexuals around here have vowed to show up at CFA locations and make out in the parking lots. Shameful.

On Wednesday our local news (WLOS 13) did their lead off piece on Chick-Fil-A... they mentioned that hundreds (it was THOUSANDS) came out to area Chik-Fil-A's that day... but who did the reporters and cameras focus on?? The FIVE gay protesters who showed up. It was so unbelievably biased I just sat there and laughed.

Another sad thing about Asheville is the annual Bele Chere Festival (pronounced "bell share") where they basically close off most of downtown for 3 days... the debauchery rivals that of Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

This took place last weekend.

I have a friend who travels nation-wide street preaching and he comes to Bele Chere every year to preach. This year was so disgusting that he has vowed never to return. There is a video on YouTube of a man there who stripped all of clothes of and rolled around on the ground and yelling profanities at my friend and a couple of other street preachers... until the police (who stood there watching) FINALLY cuffed the guy and took him away.

Shameful. We locals call the festival "Bele Scare". The freaks have taken it over.

My friend said he overheard a father ask his 10 year old son "Do you want to get some cotton candy or go make fun of the street preachers with me?"

Sad. Welcome to the Bible Belt. Asheville... Billy Graham's home.

Krispy

2012/8/3 9:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy