SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chick-Fil-A

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RighteousNew

Re:

Food for thought: (for you King Jimmy) -

Chick-fil-A sandwiches contain MSG, HFCS and anti-foaming chemicals; eating them is a sin in the eyes of God

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036653_Chick-fil-A_anti-boycott_ingredients.html#ixzz22OOIMmLH

2012/8/2 8:46Profile

Who will prevail? Me? America? A sodomite Nation rampid? or The King?

"But the fact is the church now needs to be more active in purely spiritual events and not just events that have political statements.

But I am glad for the success and vocal support for biblical standards." Sermonindex..[ Greg]

My sentiments exactly. I did attend this event, as I spoke about on the other thread. I went with a fellow brother on a whim, and it was like a Tea Party rally, almost.

I made it a point to direct my words to the Gospel as I spoke in the crowd, and sincerely looked for the glory of God anywhere. Not saying there were no Christians, but very little holy fruit that I could pick up on.

There was an air of self-Righteousness, as everyone pasted on the company stickers, and it was directed to: "FAMILY VALUES! WE HAVE RIGHTS TOO. DON'T TREAD ON ME!" kind of spirit.

As I waited in a long, crowded line to get our food; [ not so good really ] I made it a point to loudly state this opinion:

"If Abraham Lincoln rose from the dead, and was elected President, it would not matter. 57 innocent American Children butchered dead, and God will judge us unless we repent, and we will not!"

Kind of a quiet around me after that....but that is how I feel. Romney is not the savior of America, and if he is elected, we are still coming under His wrath, unless we repent. Obama is an agent of God, sent to destroy every foundation of Christian moral right, by God; American power, and treasure....and he is doing a fine job.

The Lordship of Jesus obeyed is our only hope; not a Presidential candidate; though there is a part of me that loves America, and I am deeply saddened by her deterioration......but she has become a God Hater, and in love with her lifestyle; a corrupt and sensual one, that everything is about ME, and getting all I can, and canning all I get. Don't get in my way, or else, and especially, NOT YOU JESUS!

This is the issue, not whether or not a sodomite Nation prevails.

2012/8/2 9:17

Self righteousness must go...

OK… I’m on self-imposed hiatus from the forum for an indefinite amount of time, but this Chick-Fil-A thing was monumental and I felt it was appropriate to comment on.

I went and stood in line for an hour at lunch yesterday. It was great! For once I didn’t mind being caught in traffic or standing in a line. I met some wonderful people in line. Someone commented that Christians should have spent an hour in prayer and maybe not in line. Can I ask how anyone here knows for certain that Christians didn’t spend an hour in prayer yesterday for our nation? That was a very haughty and judgmental thing to say about people you’ve never met.

The fact of the matter is that I had a wonderful time fellowshipping with fellow believers in line yesterday. And it was great to see families and friends praying together in line. There were some singing worship songs.

Chick-Fil-A did not stage this event, as was implied by someone’s earlier post. They did not seek this. This started with Mike Huckabee on his FoxNews program. And if you know anything about Chik-Fil-A (I have 2 friends who own a Chik-Fil-A each here locally) the company donates MILLIONS of dollars to Christian organizations, relief ministries and missions. On the local level the private franchise owners also donate a lot of $$ to local ministries and charities.

So while there are some valid points being made about the church, etc … the negativity about this “event” is surprising, and largely based on either ignorance of the facts or from a judgmental spirit, and that ought not to be, brethren. It’s easy to sit in ivory theological towers and look down on the masses and make spiritual declarations about motives and actions of others. It’s also wrong.

What we saw yesterday was the church finally saying “Enough!”

Maybe in some small way the church woke up a little bit. Maybe one eye is open. It’s crusty with sleep dust and she’ll probably hit the snooze a few times… but maybe, just maybe… the church is finally realizing that it’s time to wake up…

We should be praying to that end. For those who criticize yesterday’s event by saying “did those people pray for an hour for revival?” … I ask you the same question: Did you?

Yesterday was a completely POSITIVE sign. There was nothing negative about it. Americans and the church both stood up for the right thing and told the government and the politicians and the sodomites “Enough!”.

If you study the history of war you will find that wars have started over simple things. This is a spiritual war, and it may have just ignited… over a chicken sandwich.

Krispy

2012/8/2 9:32
rbanks

Re:

Praise God Krispy!!!

I am so glad to see you come out of hibernation with such a wonderful post that I totally agree with and could not have said it better.

I will be plain honest Steve, the ignorance I see posting on SI sometimes, really irks me and I pray for the Holy Spirit’s aid. I needed to say that I appreciate you, brother, and really hope to see you posting at least every now and then. We agree much more on the “Word of God” than the few minor details that is really above our understanding anyway.

Blessings…from brother rbanks

2012/8/2 11:31Profile

Re:

I wonder if these same people will be protesting when the remnant are carried off to the detention centers.

Just wondering.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/2 13:32
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
RighteousNew
Food for thought: (for you King Jimmy) -

Chick-fil-A sandwiches contain MSG, HFCS and anti-foaming chemicals; eating them is a sin in the eyes of God.

All I can say to this response is, you have the perfect name for all the good "GOD" through Chick-fil-a brought to America, to bring this up. There was a message here with the Chick-fil-A happenings, I will let you know, but please keep our little secret, it was all to Glorify God, it had nothing to do with the place of business or the food. Lol

2012/8/2 13:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
I wonder if these same people will be protesting when the remnant are carried off to the detention centers.

Just wondering.

Yea, sometimes it's just hard to find the positive and just give God the glory, isnt it. The compulsion to give into our flesh and drag even godly events thru the mud to proove how spiritual we are is hard for some people to resist.

It's also difficult for some people to resist the temptation to consider themselves the "remnent", and everyone else not. What a judgemental thing to say...

I would dare say that a lot of the people that were at Chik-Fil-A yesterday ARE the remnent. How incredibly self righteous to imply they are not.

This is why I decided to leave this forum... junk like that.

Mr. Cathy wasnt dragged off to a detention center, but the media did persecute that man... as did politicians, etc. If you watched the news yesterday, bearmaster, you saw the answer to your question.

I'm going away now, I've said my peace. Not interested in fighting.

C'yall!

Krispy

2012/8/2 14:00

Re:

Oh how dare I step on sacred toes. And to think Ben Franklin wanted to make the national bird a turkey. Guess it should be the chicken.

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/8/2 14:06
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Chick-Fil-A

Good comments, everyone. We don't have a Chick-fil-A nearby, although there was word in the newspaper that one would be opening soon. However, I suspect that the extremely Liberal area that I live might be energized to protest any opening here.

Quote:

If Christians would've waited on God in prayer today for as long as they waited in line for a chicken sandwich, America might have seen a revival tomorrow. Instead we just got fat.

Jimmy, I understand what you are saying and agree with the sentiment. However, I also think that it is possible to do both. We can pray WHILE standing in line. We can pray BEFORE we stand in line. We pray AFTER we receive our sandwich. In fact, we should be doing this anyway.

As for getting "fat:" They do offer a low-fat alternative at Chick-fil-A. Personally, I prefer the grilled chicken sandwiches on wheat buns myself. ;-)

2012/8/2 14:07Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I went to chick fila today since I couldn't go yesterday. Lines were too long and even one of the local media stations were there. The anchor said if you are looking for a quick meal don't come there.

I went there today and the drive through was wrapped around the building in 2 lanes. I had to park in the back and I saw 5 empty spots. I got inside the building and took barely 3 steps and the line started. I was in there for 15? waiting. I don't normally go there to eat because the prices are a bit high. i.e. I got 2 spicey chicken sandwiches, 2 chicken wraps and a small peach milk shake for $21.03. Take the shake off it comes to around $18. Funny, the places was crowded but nobody was irritated. Usually you go to MCD's or Burger King and folks may not say anything but their body language tells a book. Did not see that there. The workers seemed to have everything going smoothly. This was at 2:15pm which is past the lunch hour. Figure that.

2012/8/2 16:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy