SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : POWERFUL VIDEO: Coming Persecution To America - Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Greg,

Thank you for your insight.

I am in full agreement with your statements.

I have been blessed by the ministry of SI tremendously. In fact I have downloaded what I believe are the most important 100, or so, messages on SI for me personally. The purpose is not actually for me. It is for me to share with others after persecution arises.

As a pastor of a local church I am guiding our leadership to find places of community that will continue if we were to have to "dissolve" above ground and go to an "underground" model of operation. As you are well aware, that may certainly come to pass within the next decade or so. David Wilkerson's prophecy's of such come immediately to my mind.

In your opinion what are the two or three key areas for local churches to focus on, and spend their limited resources upon, in the next few years preparing their people for the potential coming persecutions?

Again, thanks to you for the blessing in my life of SI. It will bear fruit that only eternity will reveal!

Blessings!

2012/8/1 0:31Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Thanks to Acts17 for transcribing this message further back on this thread for those of us who can't hear the video clearly.

Allan

2012/8/1 0:40Profile

Transcribed

The church in America is going to suffer so terribly and we laugh now but they will come after us.
They will come after our children.They will close the net around us while we are while we are playing soccer mom and soccer dad, while we are arguing over so many little things and mesmerized by so many trinkets. The net even now is closing around you and your children and your grandchildren and it does not cause you to fear. You will be isolated from society as is already happened.
Anyone who tries to run for office who actually believes the Bible will be considered a lunatic until finally we are silenced.We will be called things that we are not and persecuted not for being followers of Christ but for being radical fundamentalists who do not know the true way of Christ which of course is “love and tolerance”.
You’ll go down as the greatest bigots and haters of mankind in history
They’ve already come after your children and for most of you, they got them.
They got them through the public schools and indoctrination in the university and you wonder why your children come out not serving the Lord. It’s because you fed them right into the devil’s mouth. So little by little the net is closing around and then it’s not little by little.
Look how fast things are going downhill in just a matter of weeks, but at the same time, know this, persecution has always been for evil but God always means it for good and is it not better to suffer in this life to have an extra weight of glory in heaven.
You must settle this in your mind, this is the one thing I want to say over and over:
Do not believe...down through history, you have a wrong idea of martyrdom and persecution
You think that these men were persecuted and martyred for their sincere faith in Jesus Christ.
That was the real reason but no one heard that publiclyThey were martyred and they were persecuted as enemies of the state as child molesters, as bigots, as narrow-minded, stupid people who had fallen for a ruse and can contribute nothing to society.
Your suffering will not be noble,so your mind must be filled with the Word of God when all people persecute you and turn on you and if the spirit of God and common grace pulls back
and you see even your children and your grandchildren tossing in the lot that you should die.
This is no game.You want revival and awakening. but know this,for the most part great awakenings have come only preceding great national catastrophes of the persecution of the church.I believe God is bringing a great awakening, but I believe he is raising up young men who are strong in trust in the providence of God to be able to wade through the hell that’s going to break loose on us. And it will be on us before we even recognize it unless, unless in God’s providence, He is not done, He is not done. And note, this is not silly talk, apart from great awakening, these things are going to come upon you. Be ready to lose your homes, your cars, everything. Paul Washer

2012/8/1 0:51
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Greg said, "We need dozens of pastors for each flock of saints so when some are taken away the body can still function properly."

I recall a testimony by a Chinese pastor years ago. He had been imprisoned, and while in prison spent a lot of time worrying about his flock being without a shepherd.

When he got out and returned to them more or less wringing his hands and expecting to find they had been scattered... he was amazed (and humbled, he added)to see they had actually grown both in numbers and in stature!

...They had a Shepherd all along who'd never left them for a minute.

Allan

2012/8/1 0:52Profile

Oops, someone beat me to it :-)

Sorry I sent this before I saw Acts 17. Well, it was a good one to ponder. Thanks for posting it.

2012/8/1 0:54
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In your opinion what are the two or three key areas for local churches to focus on, and spend their limited resources upon, in the next few years preparing their people for the potential coming persecutions?

Brother, this is a very weighty and important question you have asked. If a local church is serious about being on God's timetable for coming persecution and believe they need to warn and help the flock of God then I would recommend a few things.

1. The most important is to assemble the entire local church in small groups and in some cases setting servant leadership over some of the groups. But allowing leadership to grow in these churches so the people of God can meet as church without a "paid pastor" present. This does not replace the sunday service where the main pastor would still be a shepard teacher over the flock. This is an important step and in some cases it could be recommended to "require" everyone to meet as such in small groups if they want to be a part of the local assembly.

2. The access of funds can be a blessing or a curse in any country or group. the Lord leading to use the monies for His kingdom work is of vital importance. To put some funds into the development of home groups in the church also known as cell groups that are solid functioning well can take resources such as books, materials etc. It can be good to have developed a song book for the fellowships so they can operate with worship during the week.

3. Establishing prayer as the vital element of the church is very important also because only by spending much time with the Lord can an assembly correctly use its resources well. Putting more money into missions, tracts and evangelism as directed by the Lord can be fruitful and very God glorifying.

Essentially the underlying factor is to see the body of Christ, each individual equipped as much as possible as a disciple of Jesus Christ ensuring each one is fruitful in their walk with the Lord. So the idea of daily discipleship should be emphasized and not just sunday Christianity. I wrote an article which touches on this need:12 Principles Learned From the Underground North Korean Church - https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=29825

2012/8/1 1:07Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I recall a testimony by a Chinese pastor years ago. He had been imprisoned, and while in prison spent a lot of time worrying about his flock being without a shepherd.

When he got out and returned to them more or less wringing his hands and expecting to find they had been scattered... he was amazed (and humbled, he added)to see they had actually grown both in numbers and in stature!

...They had a Shepherd all along who'd never left them for a minute.

Amen brother this is true but in American Christianity I believe sadly this would not be the case for many. We have not been taught to have body life and to operate as the body of Christ in North America. We have depended much too much on leaders, tv preachers, and anointed teachers, we have not been taught to feed on Christ ourselves. This is the difference with the Chinese christians who were all taught to minister, all taught to evangelize, all taught to prophesy.

but I do agree with your statement that in the end we all have our Chief Shepard the Lord Jesus who will Shepard each of us as His own people.

2012/8/1 1:10Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Greg,

Again, I appreciate your insight and the SI site overall.

Good thoughts in your response. I agree that these are VERY important issues at the hour in which we live.

I will make some connections within the week as far as the upcoming conference is concerned. It is so critical for the hour we live in!

Again, my thanks for your efforts on SI. As a pastor I an indebted to your work that makes so much available to those I serve.

Blessings to you and your new family Greg!

2012/8/1 1:32Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Again, my thanks for your efforts on SI. As a pastor I an indebted to your work that makes so much available to those I serve.

Thank you brother I am humbled to be able to just simply share some of my opinions, I only see things dimly as in a mirror I so appreciate all the other views of so many of the saints on this site especially on this subject. Just so you know any local church or home fellowship can signup a simulcast location for this conference: https://img.sermonindex.net/pdf/broadcastlocation1.pdf

Let me know any way I can serve you further.

2012/8/1 1:35Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Thank you Brother Frank. I found that helpful. All the same, i am so tired.

2012/8/1 2:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy