SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Eritrea Call.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

TWO MORE DAYS...Thank you all.

Winding down.

I'm leaving very soon.....

DREAM FROM GOD ABOUT AFRICAN MISSION. Tom Watkins..

CONFIRMATION ON MY TRIP TO AFRICA:
I am going to the poor.

I sought the Lord and He heard my cry. I was planning to go in the Spring or Early summer.....He gave me two significant dreams..........One in an airport/meeting place among ALL black people...I was wandering about when I heard my name called. Then, some black men told me to go to an interview; it was required of me.

I had no idea for what, but I went, a little bewildered. I sat alone at a table, and in front of me was a four man team of black men asking me about the Bible and spiritual things, and after a while, I was told to leave. I mingled a while, and again, I was told to return ; they had made a decision. I did not know what decision.

One man sat there now, apparently the leader. There were hundreds of people in the audience. "We have carefully looked at everyone,"...he said; "And we have chosen you!!".....He looked at me like I was supposed to be impressed....but I was not. I did not know what I was chosen for. He then got up and left, and so did I. He seemed a little frustrated that I was not enthusiastic.

Two black men then came to me and said; "Come with us. We will get your papers." I followed them through crowds of again, black faces, and came to a desk with other black men. There they asked for my papers, and they complied, and mentioned a slang name like "bass"...."the bass." They handed me papers, and I heard them say something like " take the ambassador to his station". I looked down and I saw a "Certificate of an Ambassador" written on the top, and as I read, I saw my name, and a date "September".

I was then somewhat proud. "I am an ambassador!" ; I thought.
I also saw the name Eritrea, which has an association with Africa. The two men then began to lead me winding around the station to catch transportation to my country station, and then non-chalantly abandoned me. I was left alone, waiting. The dream ended.....................................................

Implications and thoughts. I am beginning to feel so free from ideas about ministry. Jesus was never bound with such stifle. The singular soul alone and wandering was as important as the multitudes. He travelled with much opposition across the Sea of Gallilee to rescue one unknown demon possessed wretch...who we will one day meet, by the way; The Gadarene demoniac, and the prostitute Mary, and the woman with the flow, and the centurian and on and on.

People mattered to Him, and love and rivers of life healed all. I am His ambassador, and my trip to Africa will be in this vein.

Then I plan to visit South Africa. I will preach Christ Crucified the only hope of Glory, along with Christ IN YOU the hope of Glory. These are my intentions. No one is left out, the 10 year old slave girl is as important as the governor. I, with incapability, just want to love.

As Jesus visited Simon the Leper on the eve of His last supper and capture; I want this heart for the least. Jesus passed up honoring Peter or James or John, or any of His known disciples; His mother, His brothers, or His loyal supporters; everyone mentioned in the Bible we may expect that He would honor. His last night in any home...an unknown former leper...maybe the one of the ten that returned just to say thank-you, and to worship his discovered God who came to him in his darkest need.

None will ever measure up, but we can Go!, as we are commissioned. At 62, with several Gospel mission trips to China, multiple to India, Israel and England, I feel that I am that now; All the pressure to perform is gone, and I am bolder than ever; weirdly confident inside that I carry Christ.

I am now preparing; Passport updates, visa's, plane tickets, and most of all; my heart. I am leaving in early September.

I am sending this letter to a young family man who feels led to sow into this ministry in a specific way. I have always travelled alone, and I think I always will...but I must follow Him alone. There may be others though, with a heart but without the means to Go!...and I am communicating now with some.

I can say with a clean conscious that I have never, not once, begged for money or solicited one soul for a penny, or received one offering and not sown it back into the mission for the poor. I have went on my own expense, and will keep it that way...but I will receive offerings as they are given in faith, Lucy. It does seem expensive, as I must stay in Hotels and eat out, and must also give to any interpreters that I would preach with.

"For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.

It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.

Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain. "..Paul

So; for those of you who are LED by God to give;
Tom Watkins
P. O. 122
Benton, Illinois

I have a steward here in the states that will deposit any gifts while I am gone, and forward any news.

Also; ..we can talk. [ for now ] 618-200-0871

100% of any gifts will be acknowledged, and used for the purpose given; the Gospel. I owe no bills.....I own a 17 year old Taurus Ford with 222,000 miles on it, my own home I bought for $12,000 and nicely remodeled. I do not need money.

I am not a professional nor am I hired. I am a brother first to His Body and my family, but try to be a good son to my Father above all. In this I fail, but I live on His Mercy. My favorite scripture is; "It is not he who runs or he who wills, but God who shows mercy."

You may parouse my prophecies if you want at
http://brideinthewilderness.blogspot.com/?view=classic
...and I am on Facebook: that paragon of the persona! Veracity defined as MY FACE and my trumpet!....sorry about that...but there is more phoniness on the internet than there is in the religious church, I think.

THOMAS RAY WATKINS..facebook

I have encountered real demonic; even Satanic oppostion a lot........I won't get into it now...but I covet your prayers. I am going to the land of Oz where witches rule and rein, and they are going to try to destroy me with the Satanic Princes over them who empower them....and add to that...what is the use of going without power? I have none within myself.

My flesh must die, the World rises...and the devil rages...but hopefully, God will use me to rescue a few and wash some feet in His purposes. I will perish without mercy and grace .Please pray for these for me...

Sincere.....Tom Watkins.

[ The second dream I will share later...it was more about the body, and where we are....emerging from death...the sign of the prophet Jonah. ]

Tom.

Flying out Sept. 25th, Returning December 4th...............2012

Without prayer, I feel like I could die.....but know differently...like fighting fear as I stand in hope. I do have God's word for me.

Love you all...and we will meet soon.

2012/9/23 0:42
Fiat

Re: MANY MORE DAYS...

Hi Tom,

Do you realy want to do all for Jesus?.... Then love your enemy!

Pray this:

O Mother of God help me to prepare my soul for the Gift of the Holy Spirit.
Take me as a child, by the hand, and lead me on the road Towards the Gift of discernment through the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Open my heart and teach me to surrender in body, mind and soul.
Rid me of the sin of pride and pray that I will be forgiven for all past sins so that my soul is purified and that I am made whole so that I can receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit.
I thank you Mother of Salvation for your intercession and I await with love in my heart for this Gift for which I yearn with joy. Amen.

I am praying for you,
Rg. Fiat

2012/9/23 8:54Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Editing: i wanted to rewrite my last post. i don't want this thread to get turned into a debate about mary so i with draw my previous comments. instead i would like to offer my prayers for Tom.

rdg

2012/9/23 9:23Profile

One Lord, One Faith...Jesus saves.

Sorry Fiat: There is no Mother of God or Mother of Salvation, and praying to her for me would be the exact same as praying to the Devil himself.

There is a Mediator however, I do pray to, who has already saved me, and given me the gift of the Holy Spirit already; His Name is Lord Jesus of Nazareth.
"Who...[ God our Savior ] will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I hope you deny this great deception you are chained in, and turn to God, and the Savior; otherwise...you will not be saved; you reject the only one who is able.

The cleansing of sin, and holiness itself, is only derived by confessing our sin, and by faith trusting that Jesus died for you, and receiving His shed Blood as atonement for them. He lives forever, at the Right Hand of the Father to make intercession for souls like you; lost souls, as he did for me, and for so many millions.

THE WAY.************************************
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his SON into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

I hope you have ears to hear the WORD, for it is GOOD NEWS!.....The Gospel.*************Jesus Saves.

2012/9/23 9:39

Re:

"I don't want this thread to get turned into a debate about Mary so i with draw my previous comments; instead I would like to offer my prayers for Tom."***RDG

Thanks RDG for your sentiments. I desparately need prayer.

I do not have any contacts there, but am assured that the Lord has sent me there. I have no power in myself, and do not know even where to go, or what to do...so this must bring me to more complete trust.

Again; your prayers matter, and thank you....Tom

2012/9/23 9:51

On the road again!..[ fear and relief collide..] Hello Eritrea.

I have people that are praying for me here and there...but if you feel led, I appreciate it, I am flying out tomorrow, and will land in Asmara, Eritrea, Weds., 26 Sept.

I plan to stay 25 days there,[ you are only allowed 30...] and then move down to SA, near Capetown, as a base for another 6 weeks or so, unless things change. I hope to preach Christ and Him Crucified, and minister to the one as well as many.

I thank all of you who have, and who will, as I am battling some fear inside, as well as unbelief...but..I'll be OK..."My grace is sufficient kind of thing"....Eh?

I brought a tablet for Email, and if things go well, I'll be able to write some from there....so...Adios for now!

Your brother, Tom.

2012/9/24 21:37
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: On the road again!..[ fear and relief collide..] Hello Eritrea.

The Lord be with you, brother. Wherever you are and in all circumstances, may your dwelling place be in the Secret Place of the Most High under the shadow of the Almighty.

2012/9/24 21:44Profile

Prayer for Brothertom...[ Tom Watkins ]

"The Lord be with you, brother. Wherever you are and in all circumstances, may your dwelling place be in the Secret Place of the Most High under the shadow of the Almighty." Adisciple.

This is the intercession that I desire.

Flying out today. Thank you all, and bring this up from time to time please.
Tom.

2012/9/25 9:52

Re: Prayer for Brothertom...[ Tom Watkins ]

A HIDDEN ONE...HERE. WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!

[ Got this Email today, and had to post it. Sisters in ministry? Faith, neither male nor female.]

My name is Sister ****** The Lord directed me to sermonindex.net just this year. To me it was all fresh and new.
Hearing the saints of old. Particularly Leonard Ravenhill and Art Katz.

Just all this to tell you 12 years ago the Lord gave me a word to go visit the prisoners as I was reading it in Matthew.
"When you visit those in prison, you are visiting me."

I had prayed for years for prisoners but had no idea how to proceed. God opened one door through one life and because of
that I had the courage to step into the unknown. I visited one prisoner and that started a chain of events that led me to
leave everything I had, everyone I knew and all my ways to be led of the Holy Spirit to a strange land.

It was not easy, but God was faithful every step of the way, even when money came to the last penny, housing seemed impossible
and help did not come from friends and family who thought I was CRAZY.

If God leads you somewhere, if He calls you, if you hear His still small voice in the midst of the chaos and din, you must obey.

That is all I have to say. I was not spared heartache and pain, but I found out that our GOD reigns, rules and shines in the
blackest night. I also have tales to tell my grandchildren of God's faithfulness even when we are faithless.

For me that was a 12 year journey which began when I was 49. I am now 61 and to the world and to my relatives
it looks like I lost my life and aged too fast, but, Tom.....the Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?
Wouldn't trade that time for anything though I was exhausted, humiliated, scorned, ridiculed, abandoned and reputation ruined.
Jesus did it all for me. Jesus is real. What I suffered was glory for the Kingdom of God. Put your hand to the plow and don't
look back.

It was never organizations religious or otherwise that helped me on this journey but God's people interspersed here and there and probably some strategic angels.
I never asked people or government for money, only God. And He came through EVERY TIME.
After the first month in the new land I stopped going to the churches for help they only had agenda's and programs, though I met
strategic believer's in those churches.
God was my help, my stay, my Provider.
During that time I was given many wonderful relationships with God's people, brought the good news to prisoners and prisoners families. Prayed with so many i can't remember their names and in the end the one I originally went out there for betrayed God and me.
But no one says things are going to work out our way. We rejoice that our names are written in heaven. We pray for those who persecute us,
reject us and despise us, and sometimes the ones we think love us the most betray us. But God put me in the midst of other prisoner's and their families.
Not my way, but His way.That is the life in Jesus! Never did He leave me nor forsake me in that unfamiliar land, in the midst of danger,
heartache and toil. And when God touches one of those in your path with the glorious Truth, it makes all the rest of the journey worth it!!!

Obey God. He will keep you in the palm of his hand. He works out all the impurities of our heart with any wrong motivations.
When we leave our comfort zones, he is pleased and He will do everything for us just as he did for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Peter, John...and all the saints through the ages we have read about. It is good to join that list and not just read about His faithfulness in impossible circumstances...Love in Christ alone ******

2012/9/25 10:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Eritrea Call.

Anybody hear from Tom since he left?

2012/10/16 13:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy