SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : International Codes May Force Home Churches, Small Groups to Pony Up, Shut Down or Go Underground

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: International Codes May Force Home Churches, Small Groups to Pony Up, Shut Down o

Ah, never mind.

If the title isn't enough ....

Thanks anyway, Brother Oracio.

2012/7/15 12:28

Re:

JiG what your not seeing is 'how' they are defining a 'Bible Study'.

They don't care if your having a bible study among friends with a few people. This is where everyone is missing it, their definition of a Bible Study is when it goes beyond a certain amount of people crammed into a residential building on a weekly basis.

Our minds are on the words "bible study" and on the words, "can't". And that is not what the article is saying.

Yes of course sometime in the future we may completely be barred from having any bible studies of any kind in our homes whether it be two or three, but this is not what this article is saying.

This whole entire international coding is all about safety. It's not the first international code. We've all heard of the International Standards. Any product we buy has some code that is recognized internationally, it's the same thing just using a different word. We have thousands of such standards codes if you like that are recognized worldwide, why don't we highlight those?

2012/7/15 15:13

Re:

If Any number of folks, got together every Saturday or Sunday to watch the Yankees or Giants on their big screen TV and had enough of their own private acreage for parking - do you think these laws would apply or become "an International code" taboot?

Maybe not right yet.

A twist on a Quote by Pastor Niemoller:

First they came for the Disabled and Elderly and I did not speak out because I was neither.

Then they came for the House Churches/Groups and I did not speak out because I was not a member of one.

Then they came for the Constitutional Attorneys and I did not speak out because I didn't need one.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

2012/7/15 15:20

Re:

Approved what of Bibke studies being banned in other communities across the nation?

Bearmaster

2012/7/15 15:21

Re:

Where Bearmaster and under what circumstances?

I am not asking in ignorance, I am sure there are, I am asking to inquire as to where they are in America. :-)

2012/7/15 15:53

Re:

Quote:
If Any number of folks, got together every Saturday or Sunday to watch the Yankees or Giants on their big screen TV and had enough of their own private acreage for parking - do you think these laws would apply or become "an International code" taboot?

Yes they would. Because neighbours would complain if it became a weekly thing. I've seen it happen on several occasions and it had nothing to do with Bible Studies.

I know what your saying in the other though. It's like the frog sitting on the stove in cold water, as the water heats the frog adapts to it's surroundings but is oblivious to the fact that it's slowly being cooked alive.

So what is to be done if it is going on? Stock up, buy generators, build a bomb shelter?

What did Jesus do when they plotted against Him? He went about His Fathers business.

What did Daniel do when all his colleagues passed laws against him? He continued on working and continued to pray.

There is no mention in the New Testament that we are to take up swords and placards and take to the streets, or run to the state legislature to demand our rights.

So exactly what is it that we are supposed to do?

I am going to continue on working at what I am doing and seeking the Lord until I hear instructions to do otherwise.

2012/7/15 16:17

Re: Approved

San Diego CA, San Juan Capistrano, CA, and Gilbert AZ are three examples where Bible studies are considered illegal. In these three communities home leaders were told their studies violated zoning laws or land use.

Google under search protocal "Examples of Illegal Bible Studies in America". Phoenix is just part of a larger picture. Gives more urgency to the SI conference in the fall.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/15 16:40
pilgrim777

Re:

If you alternate homes and they are in different neighborhoods, you should not have this problem. If you meet at the same person's home each week, then yes, that could bother neighbors. Wonder why they could not meet in a different home each weekend?

Pilgrim

2012/7/15 16:44Profile

Re: Pilgrim

Brother your wisdom is sound. I suppose in the case of Phoenix or San Juan Capistrano they could have met in different homes.. I beeve this is what the church did in Acts. But Gilbert AZ has said all Bible studies are banned in their corpirate limits. They claim it violates land use

This is why Phoenix is not a random example. In the case of San Diego, San Juan, and Gilbert. We are talking meetings in home. So in reality precedent is being set to outlaw home Bible studies or house churches.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/15 16:59
pilgrim777

Re:

Yes, in those respects, precedents are being set. I agree.

This will be very interesting to follow.

Pilgrim

2012/7/15 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy