Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
raphotai

Nigeria

The Guiding Bible

DON’T REPLACE YOUR GUIDE, THE WORD OF GOD, WITH SOMETHING ELSE

Psalm 119:105
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

What is the purpose of a light in the dark? To guide, of course.

The word of God is the Christian’s guide. The Bible is a brilliant light guiding the believer in the thick darkness of the world. It leads and directs us in our way.

The Word of God directs the Christian in his conduct and course of life. It leads the children of God in the way of righteousness. You cannot miss the road by following the divine guide - the Bible. You get into trouble with the devil gets you to replace the word with something else.

Many people would rather follow man than the Bible. His ideas and opinions are blindly followed without being examined in the light of the Bible. You tell them, “don’t do that thing, the bible forbids you to do it,” and they reply, “Oh, you are just a cry-baby! Pastor C says we can do it and so I will.”

If the bible forbids you to do something, you just must not do it, period! It doesn’t matter whether Pastor C or Bishop D says to do it or not. And if the bible tells you to do something you just must do it in spite of what any book or person says.

God can guide His children through dreams, visions, prophecies and voices. But you must never make the mistake of replacing your real guide, the bible, with any of them. You can miss the road by following dreams, vision or voice. But you cannot miss the road by following the Word of God. The devil can mislead you through vision, dream, voice, or revelation. But the devil cannot mislead you if the bible is your guide.

2 Peter 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts

An elderly man confided in Harry Ironside, the famous American Bible teacher, pastor, and author, “I will not go on unless I know I’m saved… I want a definite witness, something I can’t be mistaken about. “

Ironside replied, “Suppose you had a vision of an angel who told you your sins were forgiven, would that be enough to rest on?”

“Yes,” answered the elderly man. “I think it would. An angel should be right.”

“But,” continued Ironside, “Suppose on your deathbed Satan came and said, ‘I was that angel, transformed to deceive you,’ what would you say?”

The man was speechless.

The point Ironside was trying to make was that God has given us something more dependable than vision and the voice of an angel. It is the Bible, the word of God. When you replace the Bible with vision or prophecy or special revelation you are heading for real trouble.

It is surprising how the devil has succeeded in ruining some great ministers through so-called special revelation. When the big ministers begin to teach as doctrines things that cannot be proved with the Bible, they turn wonderful ministries to undesirable sects and cults.

The devil knows that by following the bible you cannot be misled. He knows quite well that if you know the word of God really well you will not be ignorant of his devices (2 Corinthians 2:11).

The devil knows that it is by reading and studying the bible that you may ‘be filled with the knowledge of his (God’s) will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding…’ Colossians 1:9-10.

And that is something that the devil does not want to happen to you.

The bible says, ‘And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures which are able to make wise unto salvation though faith which is in Christ Jesus’ 2 Timothy 3:15.

The devil is aware of all the scriptures that tell people of what spiritual giants they will become and of the marvelous spiritual blessings they will continually receive by following the Bible. That is why he is doing all in his power to prevent the people of the world from reading the Bible and hearing the Bible taught.

2012/7/11 13:26Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re: The Guiding Bible

Amen, Raphotai!

Where in the world was I when I tried to walk as a Christian without the Word of God?

See Genesis 3: 8-9

Yet, I know so many people who profess to be Christian yet, rarely engage in God's Word (perhaps only on Sundays, if then). Is this even possible?

How does one define the spiritual state of a person who professes salvation which lacks a relationship with God's Word.

Is engagement with the Word necessary to salvation? I know Christians who scoff when the Bible is even mentioned in a conversation.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

2012/7/12 18:53Profile
jimp

Re:

the word used in the bible was not the writen bible for david had no bible, nor did any of the o.t. prophets . what they had was an inimate relationship with their God and heard His voice. they built arks, left their homelands in search of a city etc.this is where faith comes from. thank God we have a bible and it is the word from God for our guidance but unless we have this intimacy we miss out on many an adventure in Christ.len used to tell me about many who know the word of God but do not know the God of the word.jimp

2012/7/12 21:59Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Exactly, Jimp!

Which is why I am just as lost without the work of the Holy Spirit. Word and Spirit are inseparable.

Thank you so much for completing my thought process.

Love-in-Christ

KP

2012/7/12 22:11Profile
proudpapa

by jimp

Jimp wrote/ for david had no bible/

How do you know that David had no Bible??

2012/7/12 22:18Profile

Re:

Welcome Pastor Raphael and IssacharSon.

Welcome and feel comfortable to post and read and listen to all that is here.

2012/7/12 22:21
jimp

Re:

dear proudpapa,david was one of the writers of the bible.the levites of the day might have had a torah.there were no printing presses and the scribes wrote one letter at a time on scrolls. jimp

2012/7/12 22:41Profile

Re: What the oersecuted beluevers telk us.

I read in a Voice of the Martyrs magazine about some Indians in Chiapas, Mexico who received some Bibles. They said their message to the persecuted church around the world is this. Be strenghthenrd by God's Word..

So if the Bibke is not that important to us in America? Why are Christians in restricted national willing to die to own one. Maybe persecuted believers in China and Iran value something far more precious than we do.

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/12 22:51
proudpapa

Re: jimp

Hi Dear Brother Jimp, I know that David did not have a 1611 KJV ,but he did have the written word needed of His day, Listen to what he says to Solomon His son.

1 Kings ch 2
1 Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son, saying,
2 I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man;
3 And keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, ((as it is written in the law of Moses,)) that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:

As far as the prophets where concerned there writings where more inspired than there own understanding they went back and studied there own writings because it was deeper than there understanding.

2012/7/12 23:00Profile
proudpapa

Re: The Guiding Bible

Hi raphotai, you wrote / 2 Peter 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts/

Amen, this verse tells us that The Scripture is more Sure than our own experience, Few Believe this today. Good post

2012/7/12 23:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy