SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : King Solomon=666 ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I don't think it is coincidental that the number 666 is clearly given to the weight of Solomon's gold."==HEYDAVE

I don't either. AND, why did Solomon choose that particular figure? or did he.

EDIT: And how on earth does the wisest man on earth, who also had GOD appear and speak to him twice, fall into something SO EVIL as child sacrifice and witchcraft?!?!?!?!
I CANNOT WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?????!?!?!?!? I mean, i can understand falling into love with foreign women, i can understand falling into the sin of adultery, and the sin of murder even, but of all things?!?!? sacrificing to demons?!?!?!? Idols that required burning babies in fire?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!
Engaging in darkness so evil and so satanic and so depraved as that after writing all those hundreds of PROVERBS of such amazing wisdom?!??! I.JUST.DO.NOT.GET.IT.

2012/6/26 5:11Profile

Re:

Alright.

So for starters you saw 666 stated in 1 Kings 10:14 in the amount of gold given, but the text brings it out again almost immediately afterwards.

1 Kings 10:18 is where Solomon is revealed. Check this out:

1 Kings 10:18-20

Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with pure gold. The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round at the back; there were armrests on either side of the place of the seat, and two lions stood beside the armrests. TWELVE LIONS STOOD THERE, ONE ON EACH SIDE OF THE SIX STEPS; nothing like this had been made for any other kingdom.

So here we see six steps, with six lions on one side of the six steps, and six on the other. Six lions, six steps, six lions. And Solomon enthroned atop that set of 666.

This is the second time we see 666 in relation to Solomon almost directly after the first time. Not a coincidence.

There's more concerning riddles, wisdom, Daniel, Satan, evil kings, and what not that links backsliden Solomon to the anti-Christ but I don't have the time (literally) to go into it now. And it's more than just political. It's the spirit behind it that's more relevant to us than the actual number 666 (it's what that number points us to that we need to be aware of). What characteristics are we looking at? What do we know about Solomon? I can send you some interesting resources if you'd like though, just toss an email my way and I'll link it up to you. Awesome study IMO.

2012/6/26 5:56
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"Caesar Nero" = Nrwn Qsr in Hebrew (prounounced "Neron Kaiser".

The value of the 7 Hebrew letters is 50, 200, 6, 50, 100, 60 and 200. The total is 666.

2012/6/26 7:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
"Caesar Nero" = Nrwn Qsr in Hebrew (prounounced "Neron Kaiser".

The value of the 7 Hebrew letters is 50, 200, 6, 50, 100, 60 and 200. The total is 666.

Also a type of anti-Christ. Interesting topic for sure.

@HeyDave

I didn't see your post until right now. Good stuff to think on.

2012/6/26 7:47
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Six lions, six steps, six lions. And Solomon enthroned atop that set of 666."==EVERESTOSAMA

Yea i already noticed that but i don't think anything of that, cuz, i mean, how ELSE are you gonna arrange 12 lions that represent the Tribe of Judah? Then again, why even USE lions, since there is only ONE Lion of the Tribe of Judah?
On the otherhand, of course the lion symbol is associated with power, just as the eagle is, and perhaps nothing is more appropriate of a symbol for any KING than lions...
All speculation. I don't think we can necessarily arrive at the 666 conclusion from the arrangement of the lions; i probably would have arranged them the same way myself if i had a throne and 12 tribes to represent.

But it is clear from what research i have seen that the Hebrew language DOES have numerical values for their letters, just as the Romans do (IV=4, V=5, X=10, and so forth in Latin/Roman world). Greeks also have numerical values for some letters. I never put any stock in the topic of numerology before now, because i was thinking from a strictly AMERICAN/ENGLISH/MODERN perspective, but clearly there is a lot to it in these three languages.

2012/6/26 8:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Everest wrote: "Also a type of anti-Christ."

The better and more obvious solution is that Nero WAS the anti-christ.

2012/6/26 9:51Profile
Blayne

Re: King Solomon=666 ?

Hi! Trekker

About the Number 666 :

Newspapers and radio only give news about the outward world but do not impart insight into the spiritual events behind the visible things. We do not need knowledge of Greek or Hebrew to reckon the number of the name of the Beast.

This was what the Bible commentators of the 17th century did. They assumed that the Pope was Antichrist. He is the head of the Roman or Latin church, as Latin is the language of that church and the Vulgate the Latin version of the Bible. Just as the Roman characters, the Greek letters have a numerical value. So numbers may either be written completely or indicated by the letters of the alphabet.

The numerical value of 'lateinos' for instance is: 1=30; a=1; t=300; e (epsilon) =5; i=10; n=50; c=70; and s=200. Added together, lo: 666! With acute ingenuity many interpreters tried to brand historical persons as Antichrist, for instance Nero, Napoleon, Mussolini, etc.

Spelled in Greek the name Jesus gives the number 888. I-10; e (eta) =8; s=200; o=70; u=400; and s=200. Kurios (Lord) makes 800, Christus 1480 (8 times 185). It is a privilege to have knowledge of the ancient, dead languages, but it certainly is not the Holy Spirit's intention that in the endtimes the children of God should occupy themselves with mind boggling puzzles of this kind.

The number six indicates the power of occultism by which the whole power of Antichrist is connected with the Abyss. The number belonging to the Beast from the Bottomless Pit, to the Beast from the earth, and to the image, therefore is the number six.

When it says in Rev 13 that the number must be 'reckoned', while the number six hundred and sixty-six is mentioned at the same time, it means that the number should be 'explained'. It does not say that the calculation can be made or the number explained only when the endtimes has arrived and Antichrist has manifested himself, but rather that everyone who has a mind of wisdom will be able to do so. The Beast belongs to the invisible world, but the number of the Beast is a human number. Rev 21:17 has a similar expression when it says: "man's measure, that is, an angel's".

The number six hundred and sixty-six is related to two spheres: the invisible, spiritual, and the visible, natural one. The number applies to the spirit of Antichrist as well as to Antichrist and his church himself.

In the shadow of the image in the Old Covenant it strikes us immediately that only two dimensions of Nebuchadnezzar's golden image are mentioned its height was sixty cubits and its width six cubits. The ratio of 10 X 1 indicates that the image had abnormal proportions, and at the same time it also was a case of abominable idolatry and partnership with powers of darkness, (1Cor 10:20). John used the number six hundred and sixty-six to indicate one more dimension of lawlessness. Here there is no indirect worshipping of demons by means of idols but direct fellowship with the Dragon and the Beast by supernatural means.

The antichristian church is a spiritualistic church. Its contact, however, is not via the so-called deceased, rather the human spirit has direct fellowship with the spirits from the Abyss. Thus the church of Antichrist imitates the direct fellowship of the human spirit with the Holy Spirit. As the Holy Spirit makes man into a holy temple in which God dwells, so the spirit of Antichrist will seat himself in the temple that belongs to God, and manifest himself by signs and miracles as if he were god.

The Mark of the Beast refers to those who are baptized in the spirit of the Anti-Christ.

In the same way that there are ‘children’ of God, there are “children of disobedience” too; there are the Sons of God as well as the sons of Perdition; there is the baptism of the Holy Spirit and also the baptism of the spirit of the Anti-Christ.

Those who are baptized in the spirit of the Anti-Christ (the Beast from the Abyss) become ‘one’ with the Dragon and the Anti-Christ; just like when the Sons of God are baptized with the Holy Spirit and become ‘one’ with the Father and the Son.

There is a counterfeit reality to everything from out of the unseen/invisible world of the spirits.
Similarly, there are visible images to portray invisible realities; Jesus used such images when pronouncing His parables. For instance, the Sun is a visible image to illustrate the invisible reality that God is Light. Just as the moon is a visible image to illustrate the invisible reality that Jesus is a “light shining in the darkness” and Who reflects the glory of God … the light of the Sun.
Yet another instance of visible things revealing invisible realities is a cloud. Clouds are formed by the process of millions of droplets of water evaporating/rising from the earth. This is why Jesus is said to come “with clouds”. He comes with His faithful; His faithful form the cloud because their inner man has resurrected from the sea of Death and are now “raised to sit in heavenly places”.

The profound mystery of those inspired by the Spirit of Jesus is that they have been “raised to newness of life” and are intimately connected to God; and are governed by the Spirit of Life.
The abominable mystery of those inspired by the spirit of the Anti-Christ is their connection to the kingdom of darkness and their gradual immunization to the Spirit of God; and are governed by the spirit(s) of Sin and Death.

================================
King Solomon=666 ?
by Trekker on 2012/6/25 3:55:57
=================================

2012/6/27 18:20Profile
Blayne

Re: King Solomon=666 ?

Hi! Trekker

Oops!
I wanted to add a little something further to my previous comments about the Number 666

The coming of Satan, the coming of the anti-Christ, is also an appearing, a coming which is similar in form to that of Jesus’ coming.

The appearing of the Anti-Christ is not confined to a particular religion or belief system. Rather, the appearing of the Anti-Christ is revealed in the sons of Perdition; in a similar fashion to the appearing of Jesus in the Sons of God.

The spirit of the Anti-Christ is producing weeds … sons of perdition. These are not identified by the religion which they might subscribe to; they are primarily identified by their abhorrence of the truth; their attachment to evil, their hatred towards the Kingdom of Light.

As such, these sons of perdition can be found belonging to any number of groups or religions. After all, religions allow their members to express what is already their inner possessions. So, in this respect, it’s not the religions per say that are the Anti-Christ; religions are merely the gathering places for the sons of Perdition … religions behave similar to the occult tower of Babylon. It’s the not tower that is evil … rather, it is the persons who entered the tower; those who climbed up “into the heavens” illegally via witchcraft/occult.

=====================
King Solomon=666 ?
by Trekker on 2012/6/25 3:55:57
=====================

2012/6/27 20:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
The better and more obvious solution is that Nero WAS the anti-christ.

By better and more obvious I'm sure you mean Scripturally and historically inconsistent. :)

An anti-Christ, yes. THE Son of Perdition? Not at all.

2012/6/27 21:56
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "The better and more obvious solution is that Nero WAS the anti-christ."==TMK

Why do you say that? There are and have always been MANY anti-Christs. But THEE ANtichrist will rule the entire world, and cause ALL both slave and free, rich and poor, to take the mark and bow down to the image of the beast. So this does not fit Nero, as wicked and satanic as he was. It ALMOST fit Hitler but not quite. Also, The Antichrist will sit upon the throne of the final temple, which hasn't even been built yet. He will be worse than Hitler.

There is also the Great Tribulation, which has not even occurred yet, and the reason we know that is that it will surpass anything that has ever been or ever will be in terms of it's torments and sufferings, etc.

2012/6/28 3:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy