SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Until the Day! Luke 17

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

hi tmk,exactly the point they escaped out
and in noah n lot jesus is giving the time sequence "until the day" as well staff

2012/6/20 11:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Staff--

I just realized that we have been talking past each other which is why we were not getting what the other was saying.

Your understanding of the phrase "in that day" or "until the day" is that it refers to some future rapture of the Church, or the 2nd coming of Christ(not exactly sure which).

I do not believe that is what that phrase is referencing, which is fine. We don't have to agree on everything.

2012/6/20 14:07Profile

Re:

Well, you guy's have fun with this I am going to bow out.

Prophecy discussions usually turn into debates and strife.
Hopefully this one won't.

God bless,
John

2012/6/20 17:20
staff

Re:

Hi TMK,
Sorry I was talking past you too.
My understanding of Luke 17-24 as with most is that Jesus is foretelling what the day of his coming will be like.
He gives two examples stating that just prior to judgement everything was normal sinful world and then when gods people were out of danger and only then did Gods Judgement come.This out of danger could mean in a safe place only or raptured.
Either way we are not present for this Judgement,we are in safety.
yours staff

2012/6/20 18:19Profile

Re: Staff

I think it us a given that Chrustians will not cone under judgement in the end times. But they will still go through perscution. There us a difference between judgement and persecution.

Bear

2012/6/20 19:20

Re: Staff

I think it us a given that Chrustians will not cone under judgement in the end times. But they will still go through perscution. There us a difference between judgement and persecution.

Bear

2012/6/20 19:20
staff

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,
Jesus says not me that it will be like the days of Noah and Lot.Jesus gives the order of events,his people are taken out like Noah and Lot and then Judgement came not persecution.The people that were persecuting them particularly Lot were dead.
Noah was in the Ark he couldn't be persecuted unless by some of the animals.
It is a given that we wont come under the Judgement of God but I wonder does anyone not see this Judgement described here as something other than the tribulation.
Also I wonder what is the point of protecting people here on Earth when they could be just taken out at this point.The Logic seems flawed in my opinion.
Yours Staff

2012/6/21 5:50Profile
gators52

Central Florida

Re:

Staff they were spared by the saving of their lives. If Gods people are spared from judgment then please explain to me all the Israelite captivities....? And why would the days be shortened for the sake of the elect? Whatever theory one may have about the last days it is VERY clear we are not being taken out on flowery beds of ease....

2012/6/21 7:59Profile
staff

Re:

hi gator,after you!could you comment on luke 17-24 on what jesus says as bearmaster said it is a given we escape gods wrath ,until the day and then the judgement came yours staff

2012/6/21 8:13Profile

Re: Difference between judgenent abd persecution

Again brothers we must differentiate between judgement and persecution. Believers in Jesus Christ are not under the judgement of God. John 3:31, Roms 8:1, and 1 Thes. 5:9 are some if the verses that testify to this. This was the finished work of Jesus Christvon the cross. To deliver believers in Christ from God's judgement through faith in his Son.

Now is persecution God's judgement as being described here. No. Not as I understand scripture. If you are talking about believers coming under God's judgement m in terms of his wrath. As that revealed in the seals, trumphants and bowls as revealed in Revelation. Believers are not under that.

But persecution is not God's judgement. Believers are persecuted because they belong to Jesus Christ. We read in Rev. 13:17 that the dragon makes war against the offspring of the woman. These are believers in Jesus. This warfare is carried out through imprisonment and martgrdom in Rev.14:9-10. Jesus warned his disciples if they persecuted him they too would be persecuted in John 16:20. In the opening chapter of the Sermon on the Mount Jesus teaches that one is blessed if they sre persecuted.

I could go on and give more scripture. But I think we get the truth believers in Jesus will be persecuted. This has been the testimony of saints last and present. This will be the testimony of the saints in the end times. Let us not confuse end time judgment with end time persecution.

Bearmaster

2012/6/21 8:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy