SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival in Manchester Kentucky

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Revival in Manchester Kentucky

Perhaps this has already been covered on SI I think this started a year ago or so. there was also a report about it on CBN last year. I am just now getting this info.

(EDIT correction, Thanks to evangeltami)

http://glowtorch.org/Home/ManchesterChurchesMininstertoDrugAddicts/tabid/3145/Default.aspx

2012/6/18 20:50
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Revival in Manchester Kentucky

Yes. This is an encouraging sign from the Lord. May we continue to pray for revival in America and beyond.

2012/6/19 0:06Profile

Re:

Here is the interview with George Otis jr about Manchester Kentucky on CBN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRrhruZvdY&feature=related

2012/6/19 5:29
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you so much for sharing about this revival in Manchester Kentucky. The whole community is being affected by this move of God, and we should pray that revival fire would spread throughout that region and all over this nation.

Mike

2012/6/19 8:25Profile
Jer2

Re: Revival in Manchester Kentucky

What a great article! It shows the essence of what churches need to do to be effective--repent, put aside their programs and fundraising, pray, and LISTEN TO GOD and do what He leads. I'm going to pray about sending this article in an email to pastors in my city as something to consider.

2012/6/22 10:31Profile
Jer2

Re:

Yikes! The video that was used, and possibly the plan used, were from a group that has spiritual mapping and their own programs and strategies. They had IHOP pray with them in some of their work from one quote. These things concern me.

2012/6/22 10:46Profile

Re:

And so IHOP prayed for them. Why is that so bad? Read he article. People are coming to Jesus. I think I would like to have IHOP pray for my community if it meant people would come to Christ.

By the way it us my understanding IHOP teaches their young people they will die for Christ. Quite radical if you ask me. But then if we look hard enough we will always find faukt with any ministry.

Bear.

2012/6/22 11:19
Jer2

Re:

I understand that people can be saved even by groups that have lots of error. I knew people who were genuinely saved by people in cults, by ministers in sin, and so on.

The danger is that these groups often get a hand in ongoing ministry to the new converts and bring them into the errors they believe. IHOP is full of legalism and error. They had a group of women "marry" Jesus, and romanticize the individual's relationship with Jesus. They require their staff to fast and spend certain amounts of time in prayer, and to tithe certain amounts (from what I have read). They are aligned with the signs-seeking ministries, such as MorningStar, Bethel, Catch the Fire (the Arnotts' group), and so on.

Teaching people they will die for Jesus does not mean the group isn't in error. David Koresh and many cult leaders taught their followers to be ready to die "for Jesus."

The Charismatic movement had lots of true converts who got assimilated in error-filled churches and groups, and the true move of God got side tracked.

Error is error, and it is a concern.

2012/6/22 13:02Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Pray tell, what is "IHOP"? The only IHOP i knows is International House of Pancakes. They serve luscious pumpkin pancakes in October.

2012/6/22 13:31Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I knew people who were genuinely saved by people in cults, by ministers in sin, and so on."==JER2

This is a false statement. No one gets saved by people in a cult, by ministers in sin, and so on. They may get saved IN SPITE OF those things, but never BY those things. And only the Holy Ghost saves.

QUOTE: "Teaching people they will die for Jesus does not mean the group isn't in error. David Koresh and many cult leaders taught their followers to be ready to die "for Jesus.""==JER2

Right on. Well said.

2012/6/22 13:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy